Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

~~Widebody & Suspension Build 22x12.5rr, 22x11fr~~

Old 07-07-16, 07:41 PM
JBurke034
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Aspect
WOW! I didn;t know that the RCF bumper could fit the 2IS. That's amazing and I can't wait to see it done
<br >

If this is your version of fitting... then yes it fits.
Old 07-07-16, 07:48 PM
JBurke034
Rookie

Got everything in position and mocked up. Now to fabricate and weld up the filler panels.

<br >
Old 07-08-16, 07:40 AM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by JBurke034
<br >

If this is your version of fitting... then yes it fits.
Ah, got too excited over the idea of it. Just love how wide the grille is compared to the other F sport conversions
Old 07-08-16, 09:01 AM
GreekPower
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just stumbled on this thread... posting just to stay subscribed... KILLER work man I wish I could have you do this type of work to my car
Old 07-08-16, 10:20 AM
JBurke034
Rookie

Originally Posted by Aspect
Ah, got too excited over the idea of it. Just love how wide the grille is compared to the other F sport conversions
I was really wanting to put the new RX bumper on it but the RX headlights are too big to clear the tires with it slammed on the ground. I've already had to cut and push back the firewallfor tire clearance. I also had to cut the inner fender support, aprons, and strut tower to get it to lay out. Looks like I'll be tubing out the front end sooner than I thought.

As for fitting the RCF bumper and lighting I wouldn't try this at home. If I wasn't widening the front end the bumper would have to be sectioned. This bumper is 7 inches wider than the stock is250 bumper. The hood line's also don't match up and fun is not how I would describe what I getting ready to have to do to make it look stock.

I should make some molds when I'm done and sell the conversion... lol!
Old 07-08-16, 10:58 AM
Rezist09
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice build
Old 07-10-16, 10:51 AM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

^^^^ you could absolutely sell em!^^^^^ car is looking great. Still gonna be your son's car? Lol
Old 07-28-16, 08:22 AM
JBurke034
Rookie

When 2 Gen IS250/350 is life! Haha! You can see in thsee pics just how much wider my car is than stock. And just another day in this hot and humid bodyshop working on everyone else's Lexus but mine.

Old 07-28-16, 09:29 AM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

Any thoughts to shaving that shark fin antenna? I LOVE my '06 with a nice clean roof with the integrated antenna into the rear window.

Any progress or parts list for the engine swap yet?
Old 07-28-16, 12:04 PM
JBurke034
Rookie

Originally Posted by Gville350
Any thoughts to shaving that shark fin antenna? I LOVE my '06 with a nice clean roof with the integrated antenna into the rear window.

Originally Posted by Gville350

The roof antenna is going. I'm actually looking into swapping roof skins with a Scion TC panoramic roof. Most of the interior will be getting redone anyway to conceal the low profile roll cage I'm going to build. As for the engine I've just sourced everything for now.

2jz gte non vvt, Wisco Pistons, BC rods, precision or bw turbo, Brangers (because they are only an hour from me) will do my head with 1mm over valves with BC cams. The intake, manifold, & exhaust I will fabricate. Haltec for engine management that will interface with the factory computer. I'm confident I have a sound plan to integrate and use most of my factory functions. I don't live far from the Toyota plant and have a good friend who is a design engineer that can get me information on the wiring and factory sensors most people don't have access to. I just have to program a circuit to mimic the crucial factory sensor data. I can't get the algorithm data the computers talk to each other with. But I can get the data on how the sensors talk to the computer, what information the factory computer has to have, and what can be bypassed.

I think people are making the computer issue harder than it is for an engine swap. The bottom line there is very little you can do with the factory computer for various reasons. Here's the deal. You can't use the stock ECU to run anything, you can't eliminate it either because it provides information to your BCU and other modules to operate things like your push to start, power windows, a/c, gauges, and just about every button on your dash. So you have to leave the factory computer and harness in tact. There is no splicing the computer for the 2jz into the factory harness. You have to use a stand alone computer for the 2jz and splice the factory ECU into it. Now you won't be able to do this directly. A data conversion circuit will have to be built and programed. Now with this being said it's not that the engine swap in this car is hard. It's just a complete custom job. I can see why it hasn't been done much because of the money it would take to pay someone to do the labor. I fortunately don't have to spend any money on labor. I can install and wire the engine myself. Saving myself about $40k.
Old 07-28-16, 05:28 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Looking great. Definitely going to see this in a magazine spread. Probably one of the craziest builds ever.
Old 07-28-16, 08:44 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do the Lincoln MKZ panoramic sunroof
Old 07-29-16, 12:51 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

Panoramic roof FTW!
Old 07-29-16, 01:09 PM
GR6RR
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

wow! that's some serious skills right there! can't wait for the outcome. I'm sure it'll be titty sprinkles and more!
Old 08-10-16, 04:21 PM
JBurke034
Rookie

Finished cutting and moving the firewall, countersunk the upper ball joints and shaved the sprindles (to clear the tires), cut the springs and reinstalled the struts to take a test drive and check turning radius, and everything clears with no rubbing.

Flexing on the AMG.... haha!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ~~Widebody & Suspension Build 22x12.5rr, 22x11fr~~