Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

Tonyucf20 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-16, 07:19 AM
Hiroshi12
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice job on the shock tower but what's the cover for ^^^? I leave mine open and haven't had any issues with debris entering the engine compartment. Only issue is if you get caught out driving in the rain.
Attached Thumbnails Tonyucf20 Build Thread-eyeline-2.jpg  
Old 06-16-16, 11:51 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man, I need to play catch-up on the shock towers... Then again, I need to go through my suspension in general lol. What's up with your compressors that's causing the rattle?
Old 06-16-16, 11:58 PM
Pistachio
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hiroshi12
Nice job on the shock tower but what's the cover for ^^^? I leave mine open and haven't had any issues with debris entering the engine compartment. Only issue is if you get caught out driving in the rain.
More of preventative measures. Those grommets cost $5 for 5. It's not like we are spending a fortune on them.
Old 06-17-16, 12:17 AM
Tonyucf20
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sc0pe
Man, I need to play catch-up on the shock towers... Then again, I need to go through my suspension in general lol. What's up with your compressors that's causing the rattle?

its my tank. it broke at the weld lol bag riders just sent me a new tank.. it just came in today.. thinking i might powder coat it before putting back in
Old 06-21-16, 06:58 AM
Tonyucf20
Rookie

Originally Posted by Hiroshi12
for their price why not put them in
Old 07-01-16, 11:00 PM
Hayce
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice car mate. I literally dipped into the LS section tonight to find a reason not to get rid of mine. Maybe there's hope yet!
Old 07-02-16, 03:15 PM
empringham
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

looking really sharp man!
Old 07-13-16, 07:42 AM
hotdawwg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sick build
Old 07-15-16, 02:34 AM
GH5T
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonyucf20
Little update

With help from Pistachio on finding a location to get the exhaust tucked we ended up at Valley Muffler in La Puente Ca. they cut the exhaust before the flange on the cat and ended it at the start of the 2 tail pipes. I didnt Listen to Pistachio on removing the rear resonators since i like the car quiet but now they hit when I dump it to the floor. I should have listened lol O well.. here are some pics

after that was done I went back with Pistachio to finally cut the shock towers Pistachio was cool enough to help me out with this whole process even tho we bent 2 drill bits in the process the turn out was great

And this is as low as shes gonna sit unless further modifications are made.. which I don't plan on doing.. im happy with this

On another note.. I had a rattle in my trunk... and I found the culprit

contacting bagriders now.. see if they will cover it or if airlift will cover it

ended the weekend at Import Stand Off in San Dimas. Me and Pistachio were the only 2 Ls400s there lol

Great looking cars.
Old 07-15-16, 02:42 AM
GH5T
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonyucf20
base coat and clear. he used a gallon of clear on it to give it 4 coats of clear so in 3 weeks he can buff out most of the orange peel. can't wait to see it then. it ran me 2500. i got quoted as high as $6000 but luckily i found someone to do it for less and I like how it came out
Did that price include the body work I see a lot of primer on the car? Were the front and rear chrome trim pieces replaced or was he able to remove and reinstall them?

Last edited by GH5T; 07-15-16 at 02:44 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-07-16, 04:16 PM
Tonyucf20
Rookie

Haven't posted in a while. some current pics

Old 09-07-16, 08:26 PM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice man, what grill is that? See you have some new headlights too, still looking great. Keep it up... you inspire me to get off my *** and finish mine that as sat all summer for whatever reason. Had too much family stuff going on and too much of everything else kept me from it.
Old 09-08-16, 09:03 AM
Tonyucf20
Rookie

Originally Posted by ultm8mind
Nice man, what grill is that? See you have some new headlights too, still looking great. Keep it up... you inspire me to get off my *** and finish mine that as sat all summer for whatever reason. Had too much family stuff going on and too much of everything else kept me from it.
It's an Aimgain grille. Ya I retrofitted my headlights. Did a write up for everyone if anyone else wants to do them like mine. Thanks man. Take care of the family stuff first
Old 09-09-16, 02:34 AM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Ah AimGain, nice I like their stuff. Yes, might have a break from going to Lacrosse tournaments, so I am going to attempt to take full advantage of it...
Old 09-10-16, 09:37 AM
Stereotype
Driver School Candidate

I do dig the clear tails and projector headlights. I think your car can pull of the clears only because it's black. I come from the euro scene so we have weird mods like those so they always look good to me. Are the tails custom at all with the lighting or are they just normal functioning leds?

Quick Reply: Tonyucf20 Build Thread