Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

sc418 stroker build

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-16, 11:37 PM
newman1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sc418 stroker build

About a year ago I got a 93 sc400 with 200k on it for almost nothing from a customer who bought a newer vehicle. Turns out there was an issue with the tittle on a 21 yr old car yay! So the car has been sitting around making me depressed... Until I got the title the same week I got a big a$$ tax return thanks to my non working wife and kid #freeloaders. Now it's time to spend that government cheese on some unnecessary s*** like a brand new ls3 block from gmpp, fueled racing mount kit, 418 forged callies rotating assembly, custom weisco pistons, cam shaft valve train and cylinder heads will be discussed with tuner and builder to ensure compatibility as soon as tomorrow, tilton 600 billet pedal box, wilwood master cylinders, tilton reservoir, wilwood 6 piston front big brake kit, dual wilwood rear big caliper drift set up, obp handbrake, ecu will be haltech with racepak iq3 dash and smart wire set up to eliminate fuses and wiring (SICK) but not cheap, 04 gto t56 for my transmission contemplating a ppg dog box or sequential set up. A company in Australia called s1 sequential has a shifter that converts your traditional pattern to a sequential race set up and its diredt bolt on but just over 3k us plus shipping idk if its worth it being almost half way to the real deal. This project will be aimed for 550ish rwhp and be used for my driver this summer if I can finish it by then the machine shop alone is 8 weeks out that is as soon as I get my parts in line. All I have so far is an about to be gutted perfectly good car, oil pan set up, bunch of receipts and an empty bank account. Updates soon to come.

fueled racing moroso oil pan kit looks pretty good thinking about powder coating it though
Old 03-23-16, 12:39 AM
outlaw0209
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice to see that Fueled is already starting to push the kit to the general public!

My SC was the guinea pig for the kit

Anyways, keep us updated and take some more pictures!

P.S. Add RTV to the four corners of the engine block where it meets the front and rear covers. Only on the engine block side though. Leave the oil pan gasket dry for the oil pan side. Trust me on this, I learned the hard way and had to tear everything apart to redo the oil pan gasket. I use Permatex "The Right Stuff" or Hondabond. Not trying to undermine your experience, as by the sound of the magnitude of your build, you're definitely not new to this haha. I hated going back though to fix such a dumb leak, so just figured I'd mention it.

Last edited by outlaw0209; 03-23-16 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-05-16, 08:58 AM
lumpy85
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like your tax return was more than I take home in a year! Can't wait to see it all come together!