Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

CD009 350Z 6spd On 1JZ SC400

Old 12-07-17, 11:28 AM
BlueJ
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by estomax
serial9, i noticed the same thing when sitting at uphill intersections, the rattle noise is much lower (or not at all) in those cases.

bluej, i suspect a different clutch disc could also affect the rattle noise. i have about 20-25k miles on my setup so far over the last 3 years, if i ever feel like taking the trans out again i will definately try a different clutch.

lex, the speedo signal would come from a GPS adapter or a signal adapter hacked into an ABS wheel sensor. i have the GPS adapter on my car, works well, takes a minute to find the satellites and drops to 0 speed in tunnels though

Marko
^this is a much better description, but estomax could we work a nissan clutch, fly wheel, and pressure plate setup with a toyota motor combo?
-And another thing people need to consider is crank walk, after reading about it for an hour on Club Lexus and the Supra forums, seems there still hasn't been a cure found....
Old 12-07-17, 01:47 PM
SERIALN9NE
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueJ
People using this Nissan Trans would probably have to go with a gps type speed that hooks up to the cluster.
Nope, the AT Toyotas use ABS to monitor wheel speed, the transmission is irrelevant.

Even on MT IS300's you just run 1 wire from the traction control/ABS box to the cluster and the speedo is perfect, everything still works as well, ABS/TRC and cruise.

G.
Old 12-08-17, 06:27 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

South Bend claims it's pressure plates place far less pressure on the thurst bearings than the competition (ACT, etc). They claim even their highest clamping pressure plates (3000+lbs) still put much less stress on the thrust bearings than the ACT (~2700lbs). I have absolutely no way to know if that is true or not, but it's what they claim. And if it's true, that would only help mitigate crank walk concerns. I'm currently on the SB 715tq single disc setup which uses their 2700lb pressure plate. I could get one rated to ~800tq if I stepped up to their strongest PP, but I am just going twin disc at this point. But I have been very happy with the SB single setup I've been running. Rated at 715tq, and it took the ~650tq I'm putting down no problem. Both on the street as well as a dozen passes / launches at the track. And they are quite affordable, think I paid around $500 for mine.
Old 12-08-17, 07:51 AM
estomax
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SERIALN9NE
Nope, the AT Toyotas use ABS to monitor wheel speed, the transmission is irrelevant.

Even on MT IS300's you just run 1 wire from the traction control/ABS box to the cluster and the speedo is perfect, everything still works as well, ABS/TRC and cruise.

G.
i guess this depends on the car, because the sc300/sc400 definitely uses a speed sensor on the side of the transmission for vehicle speed. i would like to hear more info if the ABS module can output the speed though, then i could ditch my gps converter. will have to look into that. maybe what you are referring to is for newer cars only, i would believe that.

cheers
Marko
Old 12-08-17, 11:43 AM
SERIALN9NE
Rookie

This is how to do the Speedo on 5 speed IS300's. worked perfectly for our car. The pinouts are likely different, but if you find the correct function on teh SC300 TRC/ABS computer i'm sure it will be the same. Whether or not it will work that I don't know.

Speed signal output, on the IS there is NO wire coming out of it.
Yellow is the pulse generation pinout
This is the back of the cluster, on the IS it is red/yellow (likely not the same for SC)
You'll be wiring INTO this pin (to the cluster) after you CUT the wire from the harness. It is A12 SPEED SIGNAL INPUT
This is what it should look like when you're done. .
For you guys with on functional speedos was your car AT or MT before?

Thread is here. http://my.is/forums/f114/how-abs-spe...-5spds-412759/

G.
Old 12-08-17, 12:05 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I thought I read somewhere that the later year SC's had the abs sensors that could be used, not sure about the earlier years but maybe they have them too or they are different, not sure how accurate that info is but I feel like I read that somewhere before.
Old 12-08-17, 12:38 PM
SERIALN9NE
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I thought I read somewhere that the later year SC's had the abs sensors that could be used, not sure about the earlier years but maybe they have them too or they are different, not sure how accurate that info is but I feel like I read that somewhere before.
I've personally done it on our 2001 IS300 and it worked like a charm.
But again not sure if it would work on SC, in theory it would work but you'd have to fond all of the correct pinouts.

G.
Old 04-02-19, 10:02 AM
scsteez
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im planning on running a cd009 on the stock 1uz or might just 2jzgte swap right away
is everyone cutting the bell housing on the 350z tranny to fit the Collins adaptor ?

when I buy the kit ill prob just buy the clutch peddle assembly from Collins
Old 05-10-19, 05:54 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No cutting required for the Collins adapter. He added thickness to the flywheel that comes with the kit so no cutting required