Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

CD009 350Z 6spd On 1JZ SC400

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-17, 04:36 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Halon
FYI thought I'd also bring up Brett Fenning's car.

He posted up a video yesterday on FB of his SC300 doing a pull on the dyno in prep for TX2K. Doesn't show numbers, doesn't show a dyno chart, but he stated he's at about 1100hp now on his CD009 with Collin's Twin-Disc on I think he said an 83mm BW turbo.
Sweet! Is he still running a 1.5JZ do you know?
Old 03-13-17, 08:21 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Don't know. Guess I always just assumed it was a 2jz. Never thought to ask.
Old 03-22-17, 07:45 AM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Just to let everyone know, Brett Fenning is putting over 1100rwhp through his cd009 and is using Collins twin disc setup. And, he is running a 1.5jz Good to know that there is power to be made using a 1jz head because I will eventually be going 1.5jz
Old 03-22-17, 07:54 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Love watching and seeing what he's up to!

I don't have any legitimate numbers, but my remote / street tuning is progressing very nicely. We're up to 27psi now on my little 61mm (tapering to 22psi by redline). Hopefully still some room to turn it up a little more yet. My SB 6-puck single disc is holding fine so far, and the tranny seems to be doing fine. I have Redline MT-85 in it, but will probably be changing it over to Amsoil 75W-90 over the next month or so as I feel it will provide a little better protection over the MT-85. The home-brew shifter is working fine, I added a 2" extension on it from SickSpeed which helped the throw a little bit for me I think, and in general put the **** in a position I like better than being so incredibly low. Not sure where I'm at power-wise, but if I were to speculate I'd say it's definitely well into the 600's now. Airflow logs show up to 70lb/min. I have a dyno appointment on a local Dynojet setup for 4/10, so we'll see what numbers it actually puts down then!
Old 03-23-17, 05:13 AM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

That's awesome! I'm interested to see what you are putting down as well.

I love the SB clutch kit in my car. Drives so easy. How does the puck disc drive?
Old 03-23-17, 06:07 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LoveSCs
That's awesome! I'm interested to see what you are putting down as well.

I love the SB clutch kit in my car. Drives so easy. How does the puck disc drive?
Pedal pressure is just about perfect for my taste. The disc is definitely a puck lol. Chatter when taking off in first is there, but I've gotten to the point where I can take of most of the time without chatter. No different then any other heavy pressure puck setup I've driven in the past. Overall it's pretty much what I expected and I like it.
Old 04-05-17, 10:18 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great write up.. now to sourcing a bunch of parts
Old 04-05-17, 01:21 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Been doing great in the 600's til I had a little setback from a curb. Waiting on new tires and should be back up and running. So my dyno appt has been cancelled, but still hopefully get some real numbers in the next month or so.
Old 09-21-17, 07:05 AM
Mandrake
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm having some trouble with mine and hoping someone here can help. My build thread is here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...y-z-camry.html

Basically the bolt holes and dowel pins on the transmission aren't lining up to the Maverick Motorsports adapter plate. Its a 2JZ-GTE engine and a CD009 transmission and this is the JZ/VQ adapter plate.

The dowel pin is in the middle between those 2 other holes. Then you can see another hole on the transmission beneath that bolt and it doesn't line up to anything.

Neither of the bottom transmission bolt holes line up. There's two of them, one on either side.

Besides that, yeah the transmission tunnel is super tight. I've already had to bang the tunnel a little bit with a heavy hammer.
Old 09-21-17, 09:28 AM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

That's weird man. Maybe you got sent the wrong plate or something? I'm sure you already have, but I would take it up with the guys at Maverick and see what they have to say
Old 09-21-17, 10:13 AM
Mandrake
Pole Position

Yeah I emailed Maverick and I'll see what the say. I think this is the correct plate because it does bolt to the engine and 6 of the holes line up. Only 4 don't.
Old 09-21-17, 02:33 PM
Mandrake
Pole Position

I'm starting to wonder if my pin isn't in a different spot because this tranny is from a G35. In this pic, the pin is on the opposite spot (disregard arrow the pin is on the left side)
Old 11-27-17, 10:13 AM
AlexLeger
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by estomax
so Halon do you have any more rattle at idle and low rpms from the transmission? or did that go away when you redid your setup?

i've still been running my setup since i completed it (3?) years ago now with the rattle, annoying is all it is, no other issues.

Estomax! I’m having a similar issue with my 1jz/CD009 set up.. it sounds almost like rod knock coming from the transmission itself when the car is in neutral & foot off the clutch... . I saw your YouTube video of the SC400 and your sound is exactly the same as mine. Did you ever figure out what was causing that noise?? I’m running the Stage 3 1jz to CD009 Clutch kit & adapter plate from Collins.
Old 11-27-17, 11:54 AM
estomax
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i never did figure it out. i put some heavier transmission oil in there to make it a little quieter, it is worse some days and better on others, seems to vary. i have the same setup as you, did you mill your transmission? or do you have a thicker flywheel? i was under the impression that a thicker flywheel would fix things.

i would love to understand what causes it, if i ever take the transmission out i'd like to fix the issue. i also have a stock exhaust so that doesn't help hide the noise... haha.

Marko
Old 11-27-17, 12:29 PM
AlexLeger
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by estomax
i never did figure it out. i put some heavier transmission oil in there to make it a little quieter, it is worse some days and better on others, seems to vary. i have the same setup as you, did you mill your transmission? or do you have a thicker flywheel? i was under the impression that a thicker flywheel would fix things.

i would love to understand what causes it, if i ever take the transmission out i'd like to fix the issue. i also have a stock exhaust so that doesn't help hide the noise... haha.

Marko
Yeah it’s very very obnoxious. It gets louder the longer I drive it as the clutch & trans get warmer. I have the flywheel that came with the Stage 3 Kit from Collins & I didn’t mill anything, i’m using the adapter plate from them, it’s about an inch & a half thick & goes between the Motor & stock bellhousing of the trans.. Has it always made that noise?? and have you ever had any issues with anything because of it?!

Quick Reply: CD009 350Z 6spd On 1JZ SC400