Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

250thatcud's '07 250 Snails-paced shed/garage 1JZ Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-18, 03:07 PM
Mikes08
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribed!!! I wanted to do this to my 2008 IS250 6pd I got quotes from many shops down here in South Florida. Nobody wants to attack this project many of them told me the engine is not the issue the electronics will be a monster especially if I want everything to work without error codes. There was only one 2jz powered IS250 in Florida and he was a member here but, he never posted a build thread he even had the push start to work with the 2jz. But the car was sold that was some years ago. I'm very interested to see this come to life maybe it will spark my interest again.
Old 06-30-18, 03:15 PM
Mikes08
Rookie

Originally Posted by 250thatcud
Hey all, as you can imagine it's progressing very slow, sorry for going MIA lol. I had a a generous amount put away to put towards the build but that all had to go towards another property I'm in the midst of picking up (Last moment decision on the banks part). And as you all know the "Canuck buck" isn't worth much at all so it makes it that much harder to find parts at reasonable prices. I'm sort of stuck relying on online buying as most performance shops in the area I've talked to about the build don't really wanna support it unless it's getting built in their shop and any state side don't want much to do with it because I'm in the great white (fair enough). I also caved myself and spent a hefty amount on my daily driven tundra lol (wheels/tires/lift/running boards).

So here's an update on the car:

I got ahold of some goodies for the head... TomeiPoncams/bc springs etc... The head got checked out at my buddies shop and he gave the ok to use it. I've re-seated the valves and replaced the exhaust side with oem, and I've been working on getting all the new springs and retainers back on the head. Just waiting on a 2jz head gasket from the dealer and some new arp hardware then I'll be able to get the head back on and go at checking clearances with the new poncams. I've Gotta admit Toyota is a lot less than USELESS for getting parts for the engine and the Lexus side of the dealer thinks I'm an idiot for doing this to a 250. I actually had one of the parts guys argue with me about using a 2jz gasket lol. Ive also been painting the block - simple ruby red, and everything else is soon to be out to my buddies shop for powder coating. Not much else going on with it at the moment - the Lexus has a nice layer of dust on it in the garage hahah.

I'll be back around sometime soon!
The guy who argued with you is a retard the JZ engine should've been in this car from the factory like it was in the IS300 which will make this swap a lot less painful and there's so many aftermarket support verses the V6 engines they came with.
Old 06-30-18, 03:16 PM
Mikes08
Rookie

Originally Posted by 250thatcud
Hey all, as you can imagine it's progressing very slow, sorry for going MIA lol. I had a a generous amount put away to put towards the build but that all had to go towards another property I'm in the midst of picking up (Last moment decision on the banks part). And as you all know the "Canuck buck" isn't worth much at all so it makes it that much harder to find parts at reasonable prices. I'm sort of stuck relying on online buying as most performance shops in the area I've talked to about the build don't really wanna support it unless it's getting built in their shop and any state side don't want much to do with it because I'm in the great white (fair enough). I also caved myself and spent a hefty amount on my daily driven tundra lol (wheels/tires/lift/running boards).

So here's an update on the car:

I got ahold of some goodies for the head... TomeiPoncams/bc springs etc... The head got checked out at my buddies shop and he gave the ok to use it. I've re-seated the valves and replaced the exhaust side with oem, and I've been working on getting all the new springs and retainers back on the head. Just waiting on a 2jz head gasket from the dealer and some new arp hardware then I'll be able to get the head back on and go at checking clearances with the new poncams. I've Gotta admit Toyota is a lot less than USELESS for getting parts for the engine and the Lexus side of the dealer thinks I'm an idiot for doing this to a 250. I actually had one of the parts guys argue with me about using a 2jz gasket lol. Ive also been painting the block - simple ruby red, and everything else is soon to be out to my buddies shop for powder coating. Not much else going on with it at the moment - the Lexus has a nice layer of dust on it in the garage hahah.

I'll be back around sometime soon!
The guy who argued with you is a retard the JZ engine that should've been this car from the factory like it was in the IS300 which will make this swap cake!!!
Old 09-18-18, 07:57 AM
250thatcud
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some progress

Hey guys it’s been a really really long time, I got sent away for work to northern Ontario and I’ve actually just gotten the car off jack stands for the first time in over a year I believe./ The JZ still isn’t in the car due to various reasons (money, lack of time etc.) But I had the rear subframe out of the car, it’s now been powder coated (got rid of all the salt rust lol and did a few other mods in the meantime.

-Installed megan racing sways front and rear
-had NeoMotorsport hook me up with a brand new set of their dynamic purple coils. (Two failed on me on the last set).
-SPC adjustable upper ***** joints on the front.
-SPC adjustable rear control arms (upper) camber/caster
-replaced my ISF steering ecu as I couldn’t get power steering back online after it sat for so long (works great now)
-and I forgot I have ever put it in but the car also has the isf dampner in the steering wheel.
-Also contaced the retrofit source for some LED help. I’m now running morimoto 2-stroke leds as the fog lights and high beams. (Great lights, worth the $$).
- this past week also graced the car with pilot sport A/S 3+ tires all around.

I’ve got the sways setup on the stiffer setting and boy do they keep this car level, even with my coils set as soft as they can go. I find body roll is minimal even on swooping corners.
as for the SPC components I set them up to keep things around -1 camber, just to keep wheels from rubbing etc. (I think these cars truly need 18”s to be as capable as possible) I’m gonna send the car in for a proper alignment and corner balancing hopefully soon.
I also went with neomotorsport again because they offered me a fair deal being a returning costumer as well as they are actually a Canadian company based out of Toronto and I actually could talk with some of the guys behind the designs. (of course they are manufactured overseas but what isn’t these days).

As for steering things are nice and tight again, not a true believer in the dampener but the isf ecu sure has made a difference in responsiveness I think. Mated with the new tires this car really holds its own for a 250 i find it actually tends to over steer more then under. With a better set of brakes or BBK and a lsd I it’ll Handle it’s own amoung some of the best for sure. Handles like a sompletely different car.

As as for the 1JZ it is now semi rebuilt, head back on the block after decking/machining etc. My buddy with better knowledge got all the top end components back together etc. I’m honestly still oblivious as to what route I’ll go as far as engine management but my few friends also recommend keeping the stock ecu to run certain systems along side a stand alone. I really haven’t spent much time with the car at all.

sorry it’s been so long, here’s some pics.

Last edited by 250thatcud; 09-18-18 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-18-18, 02:26 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Thanks for the update! Post pics once the beast is in the bay!
Old 09-25-18, 05:26 PM
gse21S
Driver School Candidate

looking forward to this.
Old 07-11-21, 03:44 PM
k954triniz
Driver

Any updates on the build. I have a 2jz-ge out of a 2000 gs300 that I’m considering to build and put into the is250. From your picture i assume that the sump location is connect with it being a front sump. And also what tranny you going to run. I want to stay auto, a/c and all that stuff and want my paddle shifters to work if possible