Ali SC3's "Workin on it" thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-15, 12:15 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
I really think some TT valve covers and GTE spark plug cover would look really finish off the bay...
OCD Works is the nicest I have seen. Have a look (for fun, LOL) at this! $899 right now.
Attached Thumbnails Ali SC3's "Workin on it" thread-ocd-works-valve-cover-combo.jpg   Ali SC3's "Workin on it" thread-12187781_990202384377916_917884996867347258_n.jpg   Ali SC3's "Workin on it" thread-12208485_990202351044586_1822583082692649485_n.jpg   Ali SC3's "Workin on it" thread-12239714_897457676143_847351109263749844_n.jpg  

Last edited by Studiogeek; 11-23-15 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-23-15, 12:22 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Yeah you guys are def right just haven't had the time to get around to making it look super nice yet.
tt valve covers would be a nice addition, those OCD works look amazing for sure and its funny how they managed to casually fit 4 supras in the background. at that point I think I would just buy a whole gte swap and have some spare parts... maybe next year, currently debating how much further I want to take this car some of my life priorities have changed recently.
Old 11-23-15, 12:45 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Yeah you guys are def right just haven't had the time to get around to making it look super nice yet.
tt valve covers would be a nice addition, those OCD works look amazing for sure and its funny how they managed to casually fit 4 supras in the background. at that point I think I would just buy a whole gte swap and have some spare parts... maybe next year, currently debating how much further I want to take this car some of my life priorities have changed recently.
It looks great man. Much better looking than mine! That OCD cover will not make it to my car ever but it is gorgeous! The nicest i've seen.....

PS: Didn't even see the Supra's.
Old 11-23-15, 03:12 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

By far OCD ones are sick...but at that price point forget about it......thats $1000 eye candy...no thanks
Old 11-23-15, 04:04 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

By far OCD ones are sick...but at that price point forget about it......thats $1000 eye candy...no thanks
Go fast parts or vitals only at nearly 1K. :thumb:
Old 11-23-15, 06:35 PM
roc
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Love the progression of the car Ali...

I really think some TT valve covers and GTE spark plug cover would look really finish off the bay...
my thoughts exactly
Old 11-23-15, 06:39 PM
SCFactory
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I say screw the GTE valve cover, GE top looks OG!!!
Old 11-24-15, 08:53 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Yeah the price point is hard to digest, but to find some good used gte ones with the plug cover would be about 4-500 and these are billet aluminum so I see why some would want them, they are pretty awesome but yeah I rather spend it on a new turbo, rear end, or even a quick spool valve setup which I actually need a new turbo/manifold for.

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
Go fast parts or vitals only at nearly 1K. :thumb:
Originally Posted by roc
my thoughts exactly
Yeah, for that money I can get a S366 which I wanted and start my next stage of mods, or that rear lsd diff I need pretty badly.

Originally Posted by SCFactory
I say screw the GTE valve cover, GE top looks OG!!!
Part of me says this as well but I have noticed the GTE has larger baffles in it, maybe it helps more with blowby but so far I have had good luck with the GE setup. from time to time I have had to put the stock intake back on so changing valvecovers would be an additional step, but Its not very time consuming I guess. I am ok with the way it sits now I never meant it to be a show car or anything its really just all about go fast to me.

I was also toying with the idea of grabbing a gte cylinder head some day and going twin turbo. I just like how fast the power comes on, but If a quick spool valve on my current setup with a medium sized turbo can do similar, then I will just do that instead. decisions decisions.

I will be putting on some aluminum covers I came across later today...
it's funny the look exactly like the kind Halon came up with.. how coincidentally weird

They look nice and should add a little bit more custom look to the bay, although I must say that plastic factory cover by the radiator has held all my little bolts and tools for the longest time, it will be slightly missed.

Old 11-24-15, 04:42 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

well its on and I like the look, on the bigger piece I had to enlarge the 2 bolt holes a hair as they were slightly out of alignment for me. also on the smaller piece the a/c port didn't line up at all but I was able to just slightly bend the a/c tube back an inch or so and then it fit, hopefully it will be alright. Also got a better AEM/K&N air filter recently after I read that thread about the spectre ones coming apart. the box said aem on it but the filter says both K&N and Aem dryflow on it, which totally confused me till I decided I didn't really care what it said on it.

I can definitely use some new bolts though to make it look super clean but didn't have any on hand.

Old 11-25-15, 09:53 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice Build thread.. Was hoping to see your thread one day since you have alot of knowledge and always helping others haha. I also agree NELOC is a bunch of cool guys. Ive been with them since 09 haha.
Old 11-27-15, 06:34 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I will be putting on some aluminum covers I came across later today... it's funny the look exactly like the kind Halon came up with.. how coincidentally weird
That's the darndest thing, I came up with a nearly identical metal set here too. Crazy.
Old 12-03-15, 11:55 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey Ali, covers look great!! Sending you a PM on the holes, want these to fit perfect!
Old 12-05-15, 03:25 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Looking very good, Ali! I like the aluminum inserts. Wish I could get my engine as clean as that!
Old 12-05-15, 03:44 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

How's the reach for the hood release with the cover installed, I haven't had time to install mine yet.
Old 12-08-15, 09:00 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
Nice Build thread.. Was hoping to see your thread one day since you have alot of knowledge and always helping others haha. I also agree NELOC is a bunch of cool guys. Ive been with them since 09 haha.
Thanks, much appreciated. Yeah I def miss the meets and caravans they tend to do in Neloc its just nice because its such a large group of enthusiasts from all over the place.

Originally Posted by Kris9884
That's the darndest thing, I came up with a nearly identical metal set here too. Crazy.
That's such a coincidence, I wonder how that happened =)

Originally Posted by Halon
Hey Ali, covers look great!! Sending you a PM on the holes, want
these to fit perfect!
Thanks and replied, it could just be my car was slightly off but making the holes a hair larger would probably help on those outside ones.

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Looking very good, Ali! I like the aluminum inserts. Wish I could get my engine as clean as that!
Thanks, its coming along but I need to go back through everything sometime when I have a bit more time for detail, right now everything is dusty and I am still dealing with some mystery location oil leak somewhere underneath.

Originally Posted by Kris9884
How's the reach for the hood release with the cover installed, I haven't had time to install mine yet.
I don't think I have actually popped the hood yet since installing it, might need to give that a try but when I looked at it the opening was tight but looked like I could still get to it without too much fuss. let me know if you get to installing yours my SC has a car cover on it right now so its probably going to be a while before I get to work on it.

I have some big plans coming up for the SC in 2016 so stay tuned, It will involve a new turbo setup, upgraded transmission, suspension, and likely some nicer wheels. still debating body kit and paint, we shall see how far I get as that will be last anyways.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 12-08-15 at 09:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Ali SC3's "Workin on it" thread