Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

My build thread from across the pond!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-17, 11:04 AM
PAVGR
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Congrats Greek buddy from Uk.I wish I could see it in person.I send you a pm but you haven't replied.I m sure you would like it!Enjoy
The following users liked this post:
PDP180180 (11-24-17)
Old 01-02-18, 12:58 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Happy New Year CL!

Thought I would kick off with a resolution to try and keep updating this a bit more frequently (hardly a hardship! Lol).

So weather in the UK since SRD installed my RR-Racing supercharger kit has been frankly appalling!

Lots of rain and temperatures hovering at or below freezing! Not ideal when you are trying to put down a load more horsepower!

Saying that, I think I am getting better at feathering in the power with every drive of the car. Last outing was immense with one of my favourite tunnels being completely empty for the first time in ages! Sound of the whole setup combined with the whoosh from the dump valves was amazing! Literally couldn't stop smiling the rest of the journey!

Off boost it's literally no different to how it behaved pre-supercharger. I am still getting similar MPG (not when I put my foot down obviously!), and the manners are no different in my opinion.

Planning on attending a few car shows in 2018 to showcase the excellent products from RR-Racing, and the craftsmanship from Lee P and his team at SRD Tuning who did the install/spanner work for me.

I have also identified the following areas to try and improve this year where/when funds allow:

- Penske Coilovers (currently still on the BC BR's with Swift spring upgrade)
- Cusco LSD (RR-Racing now offer these as an alternative to the more commonly used OS Giken)
- New Wheels and Tyres (Looking to get a custom set of CCW wheels similar to the ones in the attached photo)

There is also some chatter over here about MOTEC looking at a possible standalone ECU offering. We originally tried to convince SYVECS, but they don't seem that interested. Could be an important step for future tuning, will keep everyone posted as the year progresses.

Cheers guys!
Attached Thumbnails My build thread from across the pond!-ccw-wheels.jpg  
liquidtek (01-03-18)
Old 01-02-18, 04:59 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Happy New Year! May 2018 bring you mods-a-plenty! I've got a few plans as well

-Mike
Old 01-03-18, 10:11 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Where are you seeing the Cusco diff option from RR? I thought I recalled seeing it in an email from them but I only see the OS Giken option on their site.
Old 01-03-18, 11:54 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by liquidtek
Where are you seeing the Cusco diff option from RR? I thought I recalled seeing it in an email from them but I only see the OS Giken option on their site.
Don’t think it’s on their site, but 100% know they offer them as a cheaper alternative to the OS Giken.Just email or PM Rafi or Simon, they’ll sort you out.
Old 02-14-18, 06:31 AM
AlexSweISF
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn man. Your f just keeps getting better and better. Trying to keep up here in Sweden haha.

Let me know when you will be parting ways with the bc coils you have now. Im def interested.
Old 02-14-18, 11:05 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AlexSweISF
Damn man. Your f just keeps getting better and better. Trying to keep up here in Sweden haha.

Let me know when you will be parting ways with the bc coils you have now. Im def interested.
Thanks mate, been a labour of love, but really pleased with how it’s shaping up.

Got a French guy who has asked for first refusal on my current coilovers, but he may be forking out for a new gearbox/transmission, if so, will let you know.

Cheers,

Pete
Old 02-17-18, 12:25 AM
Ramfis
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Hey CL,

So it’s official, I’m pleased to confirm I’m now in the supercharger club!

Lee at SRD and his team are finishing up a few small jobs before I can collect it, but dyno results were very pleasing! Note the values shown are at the flywheel before anyone starts crapping on my parade!

It’s more about the gains for me. We made an additional 168hp over the prior run on same dyno, same operator, same conditions etc.

Will add some more photos Lee sent me as well. Really like the fact we managed to retain most of the main engine cover, and the boost/AFR gauge install in the air vent is another example of how good SRD are at this stuff.

Can’t wait to go collect it!

Just want to say a huge thanks to Rafi and Simon over at RR-Racing for putting together this incredibly comprehensive kit. Between you guys, and Lee Perryman and his team at SRD, you’ve made me a very happy man indeed!
Last dyno run pre-supercharger install.
Second run with the supercharger kit installed.
Boost/AFR gauge installed.
All back together with modified main engine cover.
Great man and congrats, didn't know you were getting the S/C kit....hope you can enjoy it. About the green calipers, I like the orange better, but you know I'm bias because mines are orange too, inspired by your car......everything is looking great pal. I just got the tune and PPE headers since we talked about a month ago, looking for someone hear for the headers install.
Well, see you, keep it up .!!,!!,
Old 02-18-18, 11:41 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ramfis

Great man and congrats, didn't know you were getting the S/C kit....hope you can enjoy it. About the green calipers, I like the orange better, but you know I'm bias because mines are orange too, inspired by your car......everything is looking great pal. I just got the tune and PPE headers since we talked about a month ago, looking for someone hear for the headers install.
Well, see you, keep it up .!!,!!,
Hey!

Yes, been eyeing up the supercharger kit ever since Rafi and Simon launched it!

I hear you on the calipers, but that Kawasaki green with all the black, carbon and grey just pops!

Don't get me wrong, I liked the orange, but wasn’t applied to anywhere near the same high standard the current ones are.

Glad to hear my car has helped inspire you, always nice when you can help others with their builds.

Hopefully you can find a good local shop to do your header install, know my guys were a little worried at first, but found the install relatively straightforward (their words).

Best of luck my friend.

Cheers,

Pete
Old 02-20-18, 11:17 AM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice build, 170hp gain is pretty sweet, how much boost PSI was that on?
Old 02-20-18, 02:47 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sc3dreamin
Nice build, 170hp gain is pretty sweet, how much boost PSI was that on?
Thanks.

Pretty sure they limit the boost to just 0.5 bar, so not much really! Could probably run more boost, but being high compression, engine reliability could suffer as a result.

Be interesting to see how the folks get on with rebuilt low compression setups. I honestly think with some upgrades to the fuelling side, and a rebuild with low compression pistons, we could run more horsepower quite easily.

Old 02-20-18, 05:44 PM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Great build but your talking more power already I think RR make a smaller pulley for more boost, Ekanoo Racing used it on there RCF road car but I don't know what engine mods they did CHEERS
Old 02-20-18, 11:11 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by isfvss
Great build but your talking more power already I think RR make a smaller pulley for more boost, Ekanoo Racing used it on there RCF road car but I don't know what engine mods they did CHEERS
Thanks, not looking for more power for the moment, but more a hint there’s work going on to find more power if folks want it. Agree most would see my current level as more than enough, but keep in mind my car background is heavily modified Supra’s kicking out 800-1000+ hp!

Think most folks recognise we could use a smaller pulley, but the current level was deemed appropriate to keep things reliable. Know Rafi was also speaking to Rotrex about whether we could run a bigger supercharger as well.....??

Just good to know things are still being developed and explored.
Old 03-11-18, 12:22 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn Pete you've been busy, I just caught up on your build and your car looks great. I'm starting to miss my F and thinking about getting another so I've been lurking!
Old 03-12-18, 01:46 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
Damn Pete you've been busy, I just caught up on your build and your car looks great. I'm starting to miss my F and thinking about getting another so I've been lurking!
Thanks mate, it’s been a challenge at times, but getting there slowly!

Still got plenty left to do, but been busy sorting out a more sensible daily driver to allow me to do some of the more time consuming work that will put the F off the road for a bit.

Picked up a cheap and cheerful 2002 Honda HR-V with 72k miles on the clock. 105hp, so it’s a bit of a change of pace compared to my F! Lol.

lolfunxion (03-12-18)

Quick Reply: My build thread from across the pond!