Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

Carnevino's Figs Eng, Volk, JPMcoahworks, TSM uilt

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-15, 04:32 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts
Default Carnevino's Figs Eng, Volk, JPMcoahworks, TSM uilt

Finally had enough work done to get this thread going. Basically just a journal of the mods I've put together to build the car the way I like it. I bought the car this past January and have really enjoyed it so far. I applaud Lexus for designing a car like this to bring in a newer kind of buyer into the Lexus brand. I'm currently waiting on a few more parts to install like my Aimgain kit and Apexi exhaust. Both landed in the states the past 24th, so by the time my CCM brakes arrive in 2-3 weeks just about everything I plan on doing for the exterior of the car should be completed. Interior will be really unique once it's all done. So now let's get to some pics...

As she sits currently

I ordered the Volks first week in January in a custom size and they fit in perfectly. I went with the TE37ultra in 20x9 +33 and 20x11 +40. I forgot to weigh front wheel, but the rear came in weighing an incredibly light 23 lbs even. Lightest and strongest 20" wheel money can buy. Volks forging process is unique whereas the entire wheel is forged inside the mold as opposed to a forged block of aluminum and then machined into the wheel design. There is a difference between these two processes in how the grains of the aluminum alight themselves.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/how...-te37-is-made/

Wheels are held on by Kics Iconix Lugs which are designed to take the abuse from air tools. I've never been a fan of lightweight aluminum lugs for many reasons, but mostly for strength.

I wanted to add some camber arms along with better linkage bits as well as replacing the pathetic front lower arm bushings. If there's one thing I would highly recommend buying and installing are theses bushings from Figs engineering. The difference is very noticeable and I'll post a video so you guys can see for yourself. Very very easy to install.

http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=235

Last edited by Carnevino; 06-27-15 at 05:19 AM.
Old 06-27-15, 04:34 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Here's a video showing the bushing in action.

If anyone on here is familiar with WHITELINE bushings then you know quality. The same people that make WHITELINE developed these.

Last edited by Carnevino; 06-27-15 at 04:58 AM.
Old 06-27-15, 04:42 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

After the bushings and the RSR springs were installed, Topspeed started on the Rear Adjustable Camber and Upper link kits. Again, installation went smooth. Mike Figaro is like a mad scientist developing superior parts that the manufacture overlooks. I can't say enough about his help and many phone conversations with helping me get my car driving the way I like it. Refreshing to work with someone like him.

http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=282
Old 06-27-15, 04:51 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

The interior is being done by JPM Coachworks out of Atlanta. They replaced my wheel and rear center arm console with alcantara.

http://store.jpmcoachworks.com

Old 06-27-15, 04:56 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

The lowering springs I'm sitting on currently are from RSR. Figs will be soon addressing this part of my car on down the road after he completes a few more projects.... He's a busy guy! Follow him on Instagram if you want to see his incredible work. He really comes out with some great designs....like the sayin goes, "necessity is the mother of invention".

https://instagram.com/figsengineering/

Last edited by Carnevino; 06-27-15 at 05:15 AM.
Old 06-27-15, 05:09 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

I forgot to mention SIKKY Stainless headers are about to be sent to Topspeed for the next round of work. Topspeed Motorsports will be putting the car on the Dyno before exhaust and headers are installed and then again afterwards for some data on the gains. After that, JPM will be doing some really neat work with a diamond stitch on a few areas like doors and front center console. Wanted to say that those that I've spoken to about the seat belt protector....I'll be having something for you guys pretty soon. Maybe in 3 weeks. JPM just picked up custom work for a Porsche group that's been keeping them busy
http://singervehicledesign.com/

Anyways, hope you've enjoyed the thread so far. I've enjoyed building it! Now it's time to go tarpon fishing...have a great weekend everyone
Old 06-27-15, 06:16 AM
Zydan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice! Thanks for sharing, the link you posted to the camber arms does that include the bushings as well? Also I notice they say IS-F, no issues in fitment? Thanks!
Old 06-27-15, 06:56 AM
kareemRCF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That steering wheel is so hot!

Nice car dude.

Can't wait to hear her with headers.
Old 06-27-15, 07:09 AM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Great build so far! I've been eyeing the figs bits as well, good to know you're happy with them.
Old 06-27-15, 07:14 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnevino
I forgot to mention SIKKY Stainless headers are about to be sent to Topspeed for the next round of work. Topspeed Motorsports will be putting the car on the Dyno before exhaust and headers are installed and then again afterwards for some data on the gains. After that, JPM will be doing some really neat work with a diamond stitch on a few areas like doors and front center console. Wanted to say that those that I've spoken to about the seat belt protector....I'll be having something for you guys pretty soon. Maybe in 3 weeks. JPM just picked up custom work for a Porsche group that's been keeping them busy
http://singervehicledesign.com/

Anyways, hope you've enjoyed the thread so far. I've enjoyed building it! Now it's time to go tarpon fishing...have a great weekend everyone
Singer is the bomb. Great job on your car. What are wheel weights for stock rims and your new rims?
Old 06-27-15, 10:53 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Very very nice!!
The alcantara interior pieces look amazing!

-Josh
Old 06-27-15, 11:07 AM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Awesome build like the way it turned out.
Old 06-27-15, 11:07 AM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-15, 03:47 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Zydan
Very nice! Thanks for sharing, the link you posted to the camber arms does that include the bushings as well? Also I notice they say IS-F, no issues in fitment? Thanks!
The bushings are sold separately and the same bushings are used from our upgraded IS-F application We can also make a complete spherical bearing upon request.. The rear link kit will be offered with the poly bushings shown now, just need to add it to the listing. We have our production lot in now.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 06-27-15, 04:10 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
Singer is the bomb. Great job on your car. What are wheel weights for stock rims and your new rims?
^^^^This is Exactly what i was going to ask! Looks AWESOME C, Thanks for Sharing Buddy! I Can't think of ANYTHING you're leaving out so Far!

Quick Reply: Carnevino's Figs Eng, Volk, JPMcoahworks, TSM uilt