Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 1GS owner vehicles

Our story, our build, our mistake...1994 GS 300

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-14, 03:30 PM
thinwallet
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot to plug the coolant hose back into the bottom of the throttle body thingy. So I emptied quite a bit of coolant into the plug valley. I vacuumed it dry and blew out the cylinders and all is good . Since I pulled the valve body out and cleaned it thoroughly I have ran it pretty hard and did another trans flush. She is shifting perfectly and much quicker. The whirring sound is gone and so is the hard downshift. All is pretty good! Need to put it on the track before the first race and see if she can handle a few hours of hard racing. Since it's not street legal anymore, it's pretty hard to run it for a long time. I am limited to the private road to our shop and the business park outback. Sort of an auto cross setup right now.

Headers and 2.75" exhuast is in the works, cage is getting fabbed up next month. First race will be in February.
Old 04-09-19, 07:34 PM
DimegirlTX
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thinwallet
It all began in July. I was in a meeting at work and some retard decided to speak and mentioned a phrase that went something like "who wants to buy a $400 Lexus". I'm not one to do impulse purchases but my hand went up so fast it hurt from the massive amount of g-forces. I immediately said "I'll BUY IT!!!". I didn't have a clue what I had just bought. I whipped out my wallet, which is very thin and started flinging $20 dollar bills at this dude like he was some hot chick at a night club. I figured $400 dollar car...what could go wrong? I figured worst case scenario I throw a coat of wax on it and try to flip the thing in South Atlanta.

This dude drives it over to my shop in the pouring rain with no windshield wipers and what appears to be some Harbor Freight flashlights taped to the front end...I immediately wanted to withdraw my "I'll buy it!!!" statement. Feeling like a true retard, I now had the title in hand to some 20 year old Lexus and this dude smiling as he went away with my $400. He couldn't go far, I was going to see him at 8AM at work the next morning.

I had ended up purchasing a 1994 GS 300, or a Toyota Aristo. Still have no clue what this thing is, other than it has a horrible transmission, rough 2JZ, and no power steering. I parked it and went home with my tail between my legs thinking "I could of really spent that money on better things...". **** happens, I'll make some more and spend some more on this ridiculous car.

Behold, "thinwallets" 1994 Lexus...

I don't want to spoil all the cheap fun tonight. We have done quite a bit to it so far in making it "race" ready. I'm really not sure what I will be racing against, probably other slightly under paid humans that have the same interest as we do. My brother and I plan on having fun with it. Race it, cage it, wreck it (probably sooner than later).

-Nick
That is the best Lexus they ever made! Next year they will be 25 years old and you can get a special plate where you do not have to pay for inspections anymore. They were so ahead of there time on how they look. The new ones feel like you are riding in a plastic car compared to the good solid old ones. I always considered it the best car I ever had...Please do not wreck it!