Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 1GS owner vehicles

"BlueByeU" 1994 GS300 my Aristo, Ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-14, 09:54 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update, no pics at the moment. But today I just ordered some pieces to refresh the engine since it has been sitting up for 5 yrs. New timing belt, tensioners and roller and water pump. And also new dual core aluminum radiator.

I need a Supra GTE water pump back. .anyone has a spare for sale hit me up. The last time I used this engine, I modified the GE one because I was using a v mounted radiator anyway. Now I want it stock.

Help if you can please.
Old 09-29-14, 07:27 PM
sugzz
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice pick up. I'm looking forward to the outcome. Good luck with the build.
Old 09-29-14, 11:49 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Progress... after tearing the garage apart and reorganizing my projects I finally found the brand new HKS boost guage that I bought many years ago. was _really_ stressing me out..lol

Also today I got the water pump and timing kit to refresh the engine.

Still in need of a GTE water pump back, to replace the modified GE one that I used on my last car. Going to clean up the oil pump and grease it, should be okay.

I'm kinda stuck right now. I must have sold my Aristo front sump pan sometime over the past couple of years, mainly because I had planned to put the GTE into a BMW Z3. I bought a mid sump pan off an SC300, and apparently sold off the front sump pan from my Aristo GE.

I've been trying to sell the GE engine locally as a rebuilder, since the rings are gone. Now it looks like I'll be stripping the pans and sump, salvaging what else I can and scrapping it.

Unless anyone wants a SC300 set of pans and sump..trade for Aristo??

Also started working on the custom front seats the other day, tearing apart the GS front seat and mapping the wiring to power the other seats. Sorry no pics of that mess.

The mafioso trunk is filling up with goodies. Wish I could sell some of the big items (wheels, na-t kit) and move forward quicker. For the time being the good stuff will be stored in the trunk until I make some space in the driveway.

all for now, stay tuned.

Last edited by Epik; 09-30-14 at 12:03 AM. Reason: added pix
Old 10-02-14, 11:37 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Was like Christmas morning around here today. Got the replacement grill I bought off another member when he switched to an Aristo one..mine was cracked and had screws thru it

I also got my new supra fitment aluminum radiator, so I set to work on making it fit the GS.

more pics of the finished product tomorrow, it was getting dark...and my welding skills are a little rusty so some cleanup is needed first.

I also sold some of the extras that came with the car today, and still have a ton of parts left to go. But now I can start ordering the good stuff.. just not sure if it is going to be wheels or coilovers first.
Old 10-03-14, 09:05 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

finished pics..well 99%. I need to finish one top bracket yet.

The radiator is a GodSnow ..at least that is what it said on the box. There is no external branding. Not sure at this point if I will keep it or not. I'm a baller on a budget, but I try to find the best cheap deals on actual real products most of the time...Chinese knockoffs don't sit well with me.

In any case, it looks like it will work fine if I opt to keep it, but then again I found a possible replacement, top quality, slightly used, for the same price.

On the up side.. last night I made a new contact that will hopefully follow thru and supply me with the front sump oil pan I need, and the GTE water pump backing plate. Oh and I sold him some small things that came free with the GS, plus my r154 bell housing, and I've now made all my money back that I spent on the car.

so with money burning a hole in my pocket, and a free project I'm on the hunt for wheels or coilovers. I threw out an offer on some immaculate old skool Volks... hope that I get thru to the guy.

Stay tuned
Old 10-03-14, 09:15 PM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 188 Posts

Looks like I got the same radiator from CX racing for a 93-98 toyota supra manual transmission. My welder said the aluminum welded great and was thick. One thing I would be interested to see if you can find a fan shroud that can fit. I bought a 94 toyota supra TT fan shroud and it doesn't fit nor line up correctly. Seems I have less room than stock. The fan shroud was sitting flush with my upper radiator pipe when I tried, and rubbed on my fan too.

My temperature gauge holds solid in the middle with this radiator and clutch fan though.
Old 10-04-14, 10:02 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

I will be using electric fans. I have a set of dual shrouded fans that came with the car. They were installed thru the stock rad with the plastic zip tie like washers. I'll make it fit to the new radiator threaded holes with brackets if necessary. Havent tried it yet to see how much work it will be though.

Did some more work today and cleaned out a closet in the house at the same time. Wife was happy, I was happy=Win.

First one to guess the origin of the seat wins an...uh.. enthusiastic thumbs up

These seats are ones that I pulled out of another current project, had been trying to sell them and they weren't going anywhere, so I figured why not use them. They are 8 way powered, I'm going to retro-fit the heaters from the GS seats and reskin them in gray leather to match the back seats.

Currently half done mounting the driver seat, and the power does work. Going to try and finish tomorrow.

And the seller with the old skool Volks is getting a shipping quote
Old 10-05-14, 05:27 AM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You are making good progress can't wait to see it finished. The seats look like they are from a BMW not sure what model maybe 5 series?
Old 10-05-14, 04:26 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRACKMKIII
You are making good progress can't wait to see it finished. The seats look like they are from a BMW not sure what model maybe 5 series?
BZZZZZZZ! Try again

I finished mounting the drivers seat today, it will be a nice comfortable yet sporty seat for cruising.

I need one (well 2) things though. The P.O. of my car had Schroth harnesses in it for the driver and passenger. To use them they mounted the lower harness in place of the stock seat belt receptacle. I need those two pieces, one for driver, one for passenger... anyone tossing a set of GS seats.. I'll buy those pieces.

Unfortunately, I had to tow the car off to storage today until I finish some other things up and can bring it back to my driveway. But then I will able to actually pull it down off the trailer and do some REAL work.

I do still have the GTE in the garage, and I have my old engine harness and a stock Aristo harness that I will be making into one clean piece, along with the plastic covers from the GS300 engine harness for a stock look. Plenty of work to do, all around.

Had a call about buying the Mille Miglia rims today, but since I have nothing to sit the car on without them, I had to put him off. Hopefully these Volks come thru. *fingers crossed*

all for now
Old 10-06-14, 01:51 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

update.. the seller of the Volks got back to me. He is travelling abroad, so it will be awhile. Obviously the wheels aren't going anywhere, so I told him to just wait til he's back stateside and we will figure out the details.

Not gonna jinx it by even saying what they are. Just that they are pretty much "period correct" for this car.

i just need to douse the burning in my pocket from this cash and hold it....i'm not good at that.
Old 10-06-14, 02:01 AM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like older porsche seats... 944 or 951?
Old 10-08-14, 11:58 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SC2JZ300
Looks like older porsche seats... 944 or 951?
*thumbs up*

We have a winner!

They are out of my 1988 944. I bought some early manual sport seats for it, and these were my stock seats.

Apparently the guy that I met last week and sold a few things to out of the GS, I also gave my sc300 oil pan to with the agreement that when he got home he would send me a GS/Aristo pan. Well, I haven't heard from him since. Unanswered texts, calls straight to voice mail...Damn. Just when you think you can trust someone.

Anybody reading this in Orlando, FL wanna go by AK Collision and find Dean? And kick him in the nuts
Old 10-13-14, 07:34 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Ordered an Aristo jzs147 front bumper and fogs from a member in IL, should have shipped today. Seller of the Volks is hanging onto his price, trying to decide if I want to pay what he's asking or let it sit a while.

Also put up a new FS ad in the claasifieds. Now selling the 2jzge engine from this car, with turbo system and all extras for $1000. or a set of brand new coilovers (in the box) for the 1st Gen GS300. Check the full ad for details.
Old 10-14-14, 08:01 AM
highrush45
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nicely done so far! Glad to see this car is getting the attention is desperately needed! Can't wait to see the final finish Jeff!
Old 10-14-14, 10:46 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 188 Posts

Good deal on the NA-T kit!!

Quick Reply: "BlueByeU" 1994 GS300 my Aristo, Ver.2