Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-14, 09:33 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have made a couple of changes since my last post but I haven't gotten any pictures yet so i'll post those later.i'll just explain in words for now.
well I bought the sc300 manual transmission brake pedal from lexus and it didn't work. it actually brought the brake pedal closer to the clutch pedal than I would've liked. so what I did was just remove my brake pedal, cut it down, and put the pad over it. it fits perfectly and it looks right.
I also recently purchased an oil filter relocation kit. i'm moving my oil filter to the front of the vehicle right next to the receiver drier. I haven't put in the plumbing yet since an fittings are expensive. lol. but heres the parts I bought.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/POLISHED-ALUMINUM-OIL-FILTER-RELOCATION-MALE-FITTING-ADAPTER-KIT-3-4X16-20X1-5-/111414471171?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19f0d1ea03&vxp=mtrhttp://www.gameonmotorsports.com/2jz...ilter_name=2jz oil cooler delete
since the filter sandwich does not really fit I had to buy the adapter. but it worked out cause i'm going to be removing the whole aluminum piece. but yeah I'll post pics up later.
Old 09-22-14, 11:41 PM
Coldworld
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome my friend enjoy the car
Old 09-23-14, 12:31 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

sorry I still haven't posted pictures much guys. i'm waiting for the rest of the stuff to come in. the main piece I need is coming from hong kong and is taking 2-4 weeks.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360619455113...S:1120&vxp=mtr
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360619455113...S:1120&vxp=mtr
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/DER-98203
I decided to stick with hosed barb for the meantime since AN fittings are supper expensive. once I put the whole system in i'll slowly buy part by part. I messed up the threads on the sandwich. I fixed them at school but the fittings actually got destroyed. so I need the fittings, and the hoses.
on another note, back to my r154, I just paid off all my collections accounts and am hoping my credit score goes slightly up by this time next month. I really want to just take out a loan and hurry one the swap already so I can get better fuel economy. I figure the money i'll be saving on gas can go to paying off the loan.
Old 09-23-14, 12:34 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

by the way. thank you cold world. I've actually been a part of this community far longer than I've owned an sc300. I've done so much research on just about everything. I love everything about these cars. its my favorite vehicle. right now I own an sc300 and one day hope to own a sc400 with a LS engine. that's another dream of mine. I know i'm young but the only vehicle I ever plan to own is sc series.
Old 10-02-14, 10:54 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

okay a couple of things I have done since I lasted posted. i already got everything i needed for the oil cooler, i also relocated my oil filter and trans cooler. i still haven't gotten a good picture of my brake pedal but i'll get it tomorrow for sure. now the only thing i need to do is finish the proper plumbing for my oil cooler and filter relocation then i'll get to buying r154 parts.
as far as r154 goes, i took the bellhousing, throw out bearing and hub, and basically everything on the front of the tranny apart. i'm gonna wash the whole transmission and get it cleaned up before i buy everything else which shouldn't take long. i did happen to realize that the reverse switch does not work though. so i have to buy a new one.
i put a multimeter set to ohms on the two wires and put it in reverse and there is no continuity. same applies to the trans in neutral, first, second, third, fourth, or fifth gear. leads me to believe the reverse switch is bad. but heres some pics of the cooler.
Old 10-02-14, 11:13 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

when posting pictures, on the side of the picture there's an IMG code, copy that and post it into the forum and the pictures will be on here instead of a link to your photobucket. good stuff nontheless
Old 10-02-14, 11:20 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

I've been doing that oldmantan. ahaha. the only thing that isn't that way is my signature or the stuff that I bought off ebay or other websites. but thanks for the heads up. sucks cause I just had two tabs open with all the pic codes on the reply box, as soon as I got done copying and pasting them up, the clublexus tab went out and now I have to do it again. bad luck man. haha.
Old 10-02-14, 11:26 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

relay on left for fog lamps/turning lamps. relay on middle and right are for electric fans. these three are bolted up to the aluminum bumper.

Old 12-03-14, 09:30 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

well, as fate would have it, with how much money, time, and blood I have put into fixing up this sc, it is now more than likely going to be a salvage. :/ I wish it weren't so but on thanksgiving, some guy backed into me. I've gotten two quotes from local auto body repair shops, and the cost of repairs cost more or equal to what the car is worth. I told the repair shops that I needed a new fender, fender liner, inner door panel, and door hinge, with a repair on my drivers door. I have the pictures uploaded on photobucket but I am using a tablet and cant change it from mobile version to desktop version. it wont let me share them on mobile version.
anyways, since my car is more than likely salvage now, i'm planning on using my settlement to buy a factory 5 speed 92 or 93 sc300. I found one on craigslist for 5k, even though I dont get my settlement for a couple months.
i'm really stuck between keeping the one that I have and just fix everything like I have, keep it as a salvage. and buying another one. the problem is that with mine, it still needs a whole bunch of work before it even STARTS to look like a decent sc300. starting with body and paint and all the bushings to complete interior restoration. it still will hurt though that its a salvage. also, another thing is that I know there are some minor things on this build that I am not happy the way that it came out. for example, if anybody looks at the firewall where the master cylinder goes, you can see big holes that I made to make it fit. its not something that's not fixable, but starting over, I would be able to do it better.
buying a new sc. its a fresh start. I would still take my fan setup from my old sc, radiator, wiring for the wire tuck. less boken interior pieces since I know how to take them off, plus a whole bunch of other stuff.
basically i'm asking for ADVICE on what I should do. keep mine and fix it, or buy a new 92 or 93 5 speed and start over?
Old 12-03-14, 11:52 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

well depending on the settlement, if it's big enough for you to buy the car back then keep it, and use it as a parts car for the other one you wanna get. my buddy got rear ended in his SC and they gave him a ridiculous amount of money and he bought it back for a ridiculously low amount as well. so depending on the settlement you could buy it back and part it out and use it as a parts car for your new car.
Old 12-04-14, 01:48 PM
BeaksSC
Pole Position

Just to make it easier, there's the pics. Man that sucks. 3rd sc this week I've seen go down, 1 on facebook and 1 on insta as well. It did that to the door panel? That's kind of wild. If you found a nice sc in a junk yard, it's possible to get the fender, hinge and door and then you'd just have to paint them obviously. Sucks that you just put all that work into it too. Hopefully you find the best way that works for you.
Old 12-04-14, 02:19 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

haha. thanks beaks. you the man. anyways, yeah i'm planning on keeping it mostly because I never really wanted to let it go. it would be nice but I don't think my settlement would actually be enough to buy it back and to buy another sc. i'm not gonna let insurance take this one because like I said earlier, I have an expensive "have done" list, including, radiator, wire tuck, radio, amp and subs, electric fan conversion, serp belt, welded r154 lines, rims, brakes, intake, mufflers, o2 sensors + more. all that stuff is equal to more than my car as well. so i'm not gonna just let it go. honestly if the settlement is enough to fix the fender, + new door with door hinge and panel, and a full paint job, I would be really happy. salvage is salvage, I don't plan on selling it any time soon. I might even have the frame inspection just to really be sure.
no, i just told the insurance company that he did so i could get a new door panel + hinge. or a bigger settlement check.
Old 12-05-14, 12:01 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

if the frame behind the fenders and everything suspension related is fine, then just slap a new door, hinge, and fender on and you're good to go and continue on your journey.
Old 12-05-14, 07:35 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

yeah. i'm going to do that oldmantan. i'm been thinking for the last couple days and as bad as it is, and as much as I don't want my vehicle to be a salvage, its really not a salvage. the frame should all be intact and fine. so I don't really have much to worry about.
but on that note, my check engine light did turn on 2 days ago for a code 27. a couple months ago when I took off my exhaust, I saw and took out a giant piece of primary catalytic converter. also i'm sure that my secondary o2 sensor is original from 1992. so i'm thinking i'm gonna buy a new sensor and weld on a new cat as well.
another thing I was looking into,
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...r-upgrade.html
I found out that the master cylinder has a proportioning valve built into it. we do not need to add a metering valve. and I cant find just a pressure differential switch. but its not necessarily needed either. but i'm going to be removing the abs block as well and redo all new lines.
Old 12-05-14, 10:36 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

code 27 is sub oxygen sensor so yea it's the exhaust sensor in the middle of the car. idk about emissions in NV but you should just scrap the cats and go straight pipes, remove the resonators while you're at it, get some nice mufflers and you're set.

Quick Reply: Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"