kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

cool build...wish I was a gear head but can't be what I'm not..LOL
Old 10-05-14, 01:32 PM
702GS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great build, will be doing this myself. Might you be so kind to share more about the engine?

Where did you get it? What about this auto to manny swap? More info as I would like nothing better than to rid myself of the auto tranny.

Thanks
Old 10-06-14, 08:22 PM
adc27
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me know if you ever want to sell them...I really want those for some reason haha
Old 10-06-14, 09:35 PM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 702GS
Great build, will be doing this myself. Might you be so kind to share more about the engine?

Where did you get it? What about this auto to manny swap? More info as I would like nothing better than to rid myself of the auto tranny.

Thanks
The engine I bought it from http://www.usajdmengines.com/, the auto to manual swap well for that I did allot of research and found people that had done it already. Adam Mao did this on his GS300 with a 2JZ NA-T. After seeing his car I started looking into either a SC or GS, I landed on a GS even thought it wasnt easy to pick one. The R154 is off a 88 MKIII Toyota Supra Turbo 7MGTE, the engine is stock I took the twin turbos off. Still deciding on a turbo manifold and turbo. Since I want fast spool and a great mid-range powerband I want a turbo that makes no more than 550HP. Not sure if that answers most of your questions.
Old 10-06-14, 09:36 PM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by adc27
Let me know if you ever want to sell them...I really want those for some reason haha
Will do man, I really like these Style 95 wheels. But if I ever part ways with them I will hit you up
Old 10-08-14, 10:42 AM
MIKE2JZGTE
Rookie

Nice my gs is running on almost same setup I like dis
Old 10-26-14, 06:48 AM
solowlex
Pole Position

You should just let me get your R154 tranny, I don't think you will need it. hahaha I'm just kidding!
Im really excited to see your setup when its finished. Really glad your taking your time to do everything perfect the first time. Its going to look so nice! Maybe if I'm lucky enough you will let me test drive it lol jk again, really not really though.
Old 10-30-14, 07:35 PM
JAHBLESSIN
Driver School Candidate

can't wait for the final outcome.
Old 10-31-14, 12:15 PM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Thanks everyone, Well for those that live close I dont mind driving the misses by to show her off. Once she is done I hope to be able to drive her plenty. So that includes dirving cross country. I have family all over the US so I have places to go. CA, NC, SC, FL, TX, MI, WA. I cant think of any other states but if there are meets that I want to hit up I will make arrangements to see if I can make it there lol.
Old 11-03-14, 09:55 AM
702GS
Driver

Originally Posted by ELLeon
The engine I bought it from http://www.usajdmengines.com/, the auto to manual swap well for that I did allot of research and found people that had done it already. Adam Mao did this on his GS300 with a 2JZ NA-T. After seeing his car I started looking into either a SC or GS, I landed on a GS even thought it wasnt easy to pick one. The R154 is off a 88 MKIII Toyota Supra Turbo 7MGTE, the engine is stock I took the twin turbos off. Still deciding on a turbo manifold and turbo. Since I want fast spool and a great mid-range powerband I want a turbo that makes no more than 550HP. Not sure if that answers most of your questions.
Sure does! I am planning on doing this exact swap, however I was going to just stuff the stock swap in once I get it to enjoy that and then stock pile all the parts for the single turbo and manny swap.
Old 11-11-14, 07:10 PM
hunchuro
Driver School Candidate

Nice Build the GS looks to be in really good shape. It will look really nice with a drop on those wheels. Where did you get the shifter extension and what does it look like?
Old 11-14-14, 05:22 PM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hunchuro
Nice Build the GS looks to be in really good shape. It will look really nice with a drop on those wheels. Where did you get the shifter extension and what does it look like?
I havent done the shifter extension yet. Once I get xmas shopping out of the way I can continue getten the rest of the parts that I need. I am almost done.
Old 02-07-15, 08:54 AM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Wow its been a while since I have posted anything on CL. I have been busy with wedding planning and vacation.

I dont have much for updates since I am waiting to get some parts back, so this is not quite the update everyone expected.

I have a set of staggered Style 95 BMW wheels, with the front wheels width being 9 inches and the rear being 10 inches wide. I have them mounted using the Adaptec (https://www.motorsport-tech.com) 5x114.3 to 5x120 adapters. I decided to get a pair of the rear 10 inch wide wheels, I then sent them over to Weldcraftwheels (http://weldcraftwheels.com/) to add 3 more inches making them 19x13. I am still waiting to get them back, but once I do I will be moving the current rear wheels to the front. This will make the setup be 10 inch wide up front and 13 inch wide in the rear, I am sure somebody work will be needed. I want to get a Rocket Bunny Kit made for the GS, however there are current kits out there that I think can be massaged to the look I want.

I am also getting a custom instrument cluster made by Toby Broadfield (http://www.broadfieldcustoms.com), as well as getting 3 gauges added to the center vent, 3 more gauges by the ash tray located in the shift console. And for the R154 he will be molding a shift boot bezel to the shift console to make it look factory so it doesn't look like a after thought.

Now onto the engine, I haven't put much work into it due to the cold weather and my garage being jam packed with other things. While these two things are in the works, I'm still needing to collect some parts for my swap. I think that I should have things swapped in the car by late March or late April. So as I keep getting more parts I will post, this time with more consistency.

Long talk with no photos, but as I get parts back I will share.

Last edited by ELLeon; 02-07-15 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-07-15, 02:01 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice build thread!

Quick Reply: MN 2JZ-GTE/R154 Swap