Jzx100 1jz VVTI swap 96 Sc300

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-14, 12:02 PM
HkmttaSc3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Jzx100 1jz VVTI swap 96 Sc300

Whats up guys..
Okay guys as the tittle says i feel that it is swap time ^_^, i have used the SEARCH button before anyone starts to flame me for that but i can not come to conclusions on the question that are running around in my head. so i have a couple questions to ask and hopefully someone can answer them for me Plz and Thnk you in advance.. Also if you have personally done this swap by yourself i would appreciate a conversation with you lol.. so here it goes

1. What parts can i take off of my 2jzGe that will fit on my 1jz , 1 bearing was spun on the motor and its going threw a rebuild right now, Can i use Ge bearings on a GTE, will a GE head gasket work on the GTE, or should i go with a different one?

2. The wiring harness is missing a couple plugs and it looks to have been smashed at some point in time, is it better to replace plugs and wires that are F*d up or should i just buy a Soarer VVTI harness/ecu and go from there?

3. i am missing the stock BOV and Oil pick up (i think it is) were can i get the oil pickup from and what is a good replacement for the BOV or should i go back to stock??

4. I also need a VVTI Harmonic Balancer and the (TIming Gear) i think its called if anyone has one i would like to buy..

5. Does anyone have extra OEM parts that they might not need?

i do have a lot more questions but i will save those for later these are the main questions i have right now that will at least get my motor back together lol..
Old 07-03-14, 02:44 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

1. Every accessory including the clutch fan, water pump, power steering pump, and the AC compressor can be swapped. I believe the oil pump and alternator are different.

2. Replace the plugs and connections. Why spend extra money on a new harness?

3. Driftmotion, get a HKS, Tial, or Blitz BOV. Only authentic as the knock offs will leak.

4. Harmonic balancer is the same from the GE and GTE engines.

5. I might have some extra stuff, what do you need specifically?
Old 07-06-14, 04:33 PM
HkmttaSc3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
1. Every accessory including the clutch fan, water pump, power steering pump, and the AC compressor can be swapped. I believe the oil pump and alternator are different.

2. Replace the plugs and connections. Why spend extra money on a new harness?

3. Driftmotion, get a HKS, Tial, or Blitz BOV. Only authentic as the knock offs will leak.

4. Harmonic balancer is the same from the GE and GTE engines.

5. I might have some extra stuff, what do you need specifically?
Thank you very much for the info.. and for the parts you "might have" mind if i pm you for some details on the stuff??