Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1999 2JZGTE VVTi Manual Single Turbo Project Started

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-14, 09:54 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by supra_trd
These are four plugs on the driver side. Two black plugs go to the fuse box and the gray plug to AC compressor. The white plug go to the sensor next to the factory mounted igniter. IT IS MISSING THE POWER STEERING AND HORN PLUG. I CANNOT BELIEVE TWEAK PERFORMANCE MISSING SOMETHING LIKE THIS:

FYI....the little white plug is for the PS
Old 07-01-14, 10:48 AM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Thats why sometimes it is better to attempt the harness build yourself so in case you miss something you can go back and fix it yourself....it is really not that hard

I would be pissed if I spent $1000 on a harness and it wasnt perfect....some people still dont either have there A/C working or havent been able to get the car to start on the tweak harness....Surprises me for that kind of money that they still mess things up
I wanted to do the harness myself but decided to use Tweaked for a second time because i just did not trust the Pin Out I got over the years from the Net. The 2jzgte vvti is not like the 2jzgte. You can't just go to a local Toyota Dealership and just pick up the Electrical wiring Diagram Manual. That's why many have it done. Josh was very helpful resolving any issues I had with the the first Wire Harness Conversion and I felt that he would stand behind his brand New Custom Harness. The only problem I have with this New Harness is the Temperature Gauge is not working. When I have day off. I will try to get the Gauge working. I am not sure if the A/C is working until I have the unit charged. So far so Good
Old 07-01-14, 05:08 PM
wth98sc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to rush things at all..... but hurry up! Lol clean *** car big ***** tearing it apart.
Old 07-03-14, 11:58 AM
supra_trd
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you all for helping me. The missing plug called Progressive Power Steering (PPS) is available for car with traction control/automatic tranny. My harness doesn't required the PPS plug per Dr. Tweak because I'm using the manual transmission. Here are injector clips colors start with cylinder #1 Red, #2 Red/Violet, #3 Red/Green, #4 Red/Blue, #5, Red/Black, #6 Red/White
Old 07-14-14, 09:10 PM
supra_trd
Driver

Default Installing the engine

TT cable VS SC

Drive shaft seal and clutch slave cyclinder from driftmotion

All 3 quarts of MT-90 are empty maybe I might need another 1/2 quart?

It took about 2hrs to drop in this engine by myself.

Old 07-16-14, 08:46 PM
supra_trd
Driver

The driftmotion clutch line is installed and bleed

I'm thinking about using this power steering reservoir. Anyone here using this reservoir before or I'm smoking something ?

Old 07-19-14, 02:16 PM
supra_trd
Driver

Default Interior and SC430 Steering Wheel

I spent sometime this morning to put the interior together. Lexus SC430 Steering wheel with 01+ RX300 single stage air bag.

Old 07-24-14, 02:27 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lookin good!
Old 07-24-14, 09:02 PM
supra_trd
Driver

Default Intercooler and Downpipe

CXRacing 4" core intercooler kit

eBay Downpipe with wideband

AEM wideband kit and autometer boost gauge

Old 07-24-14, 09:23 PM
supra_trd
Driver

Default Return Fuel Leaking

I don't have the factory fitting for the return fuel line so I used the supply fitting and it is leaking like crazy. I tried four different bolts
washers and there is no way to stop the fuel from leaking. This is all gravity and there are only about 2 gallons of fuel in the tank. I ordered the AN6
return fuel line fittings and installed it today and It is leaking the same way as the factory fitting/bolts. Can someone here help me out with this. I spent
7.5hrs on this already and I hate fuel

Old 07-25-14, 08:04 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You will need to modify the factory bolt and washer that goes in there! I had the same issue thought it would work but would leak due to the pin all that is there for the factor washer. I had a spare so I cut the hose off it and plugged it up.

But you can do the same by welding on a AN fitting onto the washer.... that the only way to make it work unless you take out the tank and have it welded on there really good.

Video is private BTW

Last edited by 8052JZ; 07-25-14 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-25-14, 06:11 PM
supra_trd
Driver

Originally Posted by 8052JZ
You will need to modify the factory bolt and washer that goes in there! I had the same issue thought it would work but would leak due to the pin all that is there for the factor washer. I had a spare so I cut the hose off it and plugged it up.

But you can do the same by welding on a AN fitting onto the washer.... that the only way to make it work unless you take out the tank and have it welded on there really good.

Video is private BTW
Could you please let me know what pin are you talking about? I have attached the factory fittings for reference.
Thanks

Old 08-16-14, 03:25 PM
supra_trd
Driver

Default Engine starts

I spent couple days installed the intercooler, Mishimoto 3 roles radiator, turbo, downpipe, and all new fuel bolts, washers, gaskets. The engine starts right up the first time. However, the power steering pump start to making loud noise, leaking, and a lot louder when turn left, right, or engine rpm increasing when I tried to bleed the system. The new OEM thermostat did not open. The temperature gauge is always hot and the engine shutdown in between gears at around 7psi (Yes I check for leak). I’m still waiting for a white body plug from Tweaks because the plug I got is probably for 92 to 97?

Old 08-18-14, 08:37 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

video is private... Did you get the fuel leak figured out?
Old 08-18-14, 06:08 PM
supra_trd
Driver

Originally Posted by 8052JZ
video is private... Did you get the fuel leak figured out?
Yes, I bought all new gaskets, rings, and bolts for the whole fuel system. It is cheaper to order them from sewellparts.

Quick Reply: 1999 2JZGTE VVTi Manual Single Turbo Project Started