Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 1GS owner vehicles

GS in my pants Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-14, 05:05 PM
Unqlyrwstl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS in my pants Build Thread

Hey everyone! I am a brand new 1994 Lexus GS 300 owner! I am from Sacrament, CA. Car is the two tone, white with tan and tan interior. It has 200k on the odometer but the motor still feels strong. Really excited to get into a GS 300, my first one. This will be my DD for a while, you know pick up the nephews and younger siblings, groceries getter with some spirited driving in between. Sorry about not having pics, will post pics when I get home tonight.

So the Good:
-Straight body, paint is in good condition, clean title.
-Has all 4 wheels, had some 20's on the car when I bought it but they are for sale.
-HID headlights, all lights work

And the Bad, definitely more bad than good:
-The typical window trim on the driver side. Looking for one of those.
-The Pass front window is the only one that works, but only with the master switch. Need to fix that.
-Hearing a clunk on the driver side wheel well, at least that is where it sounds like it is coming from. Mostly when I go down a curb.
-I need to replace the o2 sensors. Ran the codes yesterday but do not have the sheet with the codes in front of me.
-Half of the gauge cluster lights are not illuminating. The speedometer and tachometer are not working also.

Plans(for now): For now just fix all the issues, give her a nice clean up and tune up. Then throw some sweet 18's on and lower the car.

I knew the car had issues prior to purchasing but I purchased it for a great price and I knew I could fix everything myself.

I plan to keep this thread up to date and exciting!

If you have any recommendations to fixing any of the items or just some comments please feel free to chime in! Thanks for looking!
Old 05-16-14, 05:26 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Unqlyrwstl
Hey everyone! I am a brand new 1994 Lexus GS 300 owner! I am from Sacrament, CA. Car is the two tone, white with tan and tan interior. It has 200k on the odometer but the motor still feels strong. Really excited to get into a GS 300, my first one. This will be my DD for a while, you know pick up the nephews and younger siblings, groceries getter with some spirited driving in between. Sorry about not having pics, will post pics when I get home tonight.

So the Good:
-Straight body, paint is in good condition, clean title.
-Has all 4 wheels, had some 20's on the car when I bought it but they are for sale.
-HID headlights, all lights work

And the Bad, definitely more bad than good:
-The typical window trim on the driver side. Looking for one of those.
-The Pass front window is the only one that works, but only with the master switch. Need to fix that.
-Hearing a clunk on the driver side wheel well, at least that is where it sounds like it is coming from. Mostly when I go down a curb.
-I need to replace the o2 sensors. Ran the codes yesterday but do not have the sheet with the codes in front of me.
-Half of the gauge cluster lights are not illuminating. The speedometer and tachometer are not working also.

Plans(for now): For now just fix all the issues, give her a nice clean up and tune up. Then throw some sweet 18's on and lower the car.

I knew the car had issues prior to purchasing but I purchased it for a great price and I knew I could fix everything myself.

I plan to keep this thread up to date and exciting!

If you have any recommendations to fixing any of the items or just some comments please feel free to chime in! Thanks for looking!
Hey welcome to Club Lexus!! Most of the problems sound pretty typical for these cars but the good thing is that they are easy to fix. I bought all of my window motors from ebay for less than $150 for all 3 of them. I also had to replace my o2 sensor and I believe it was about $60 from Rock Auto. If your car isn't a California emissions car it should be cheaper then that. Good Luck with you build! !
Old 05-18-14, 10:05 AM
kene
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I think I have the window switches lying around, and I might still have the rear drivers side window regulator.
let me know if your interested.
Old 05-18-14, 12:50 PM
Unqlyrwstl
Driver School Candidate

Here goes a pic of the window trim that I need.

Don't mind the wheels in the front. They are 20s and not my style. Stock ones going back on. Just need some tires for the other two wheels. If anybody wants some 20s hit me up.
Old 05-19-14, 07:49 AM
kene
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

40...check your PM
Old 05-21-14, 11:20 PM
Unqlyrwstl
Driver School Candidate

Slight update, nothing too crazy. One of my bros used to have a jzs147 and believe it or not just had these mirrors laying around. They are the jdm folding mirrors. Now I have been looking for a thread on a clean install but cannot find one. I am torn with installing these or finding what I eventually plan on putting on the car which are some ganador mirrors(love the way these look ).
Old 05-22-14, 05:12 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

I have looked in to the power folding mirrors a few timesand it looks like you have everything you need but the install seems like a pain. I have seen alot of thread get started for the install but no one ever seems to be able to finish it.

Last edited by TRACKMKIII; 05-22-14 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-27-14, 09:45 PM
ProjektS13
Driver

Nice to see another person with a jzs147 close by, Im about 1 hour north of sac but Im pretty much always in the sac area on weekends.
Old 06-03-14, 11:20 AM
Unqlyrwstl
Driver School Candidate

Cool man, would definitely be sweet to meet up with some GS owners around the Sacramento area.
Old 06-06-14, 07:07 PM
Unqlyrwstl
Driver School Candidate

So question for anybody that can help. I'm getting codes 21, 27 and 28 on my car. From the trouble codes that I printed out it said that 21 is the main o2 & heater signal, 27 is the sub o2s signal and 28 is main o2s.

My question is with all these codes does it sound like I should replace all the o2 sensors? Or could there be something else like my cat? Or could I get away with just replacing the front 2 or the rear one? Maybe somebody had the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-06-14, 11:09 PM
ClarkKent
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With all those O2 sensors pinging it sounds like you have a fuel problem. I say that because during this nasty winter my O2 sensors were hiccuping all the time because the TRAC system kept poping on and off. I haven't cleaned them or replaced them and I am having zero problems now. But you are running rich and you need to find the cause of it IMO.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 12-29-14, 06:58 PM
Unqlyrwstl
Driver School Candidate

Default Been a while

Well long time no post. Have not done too much as work and school has taken over everything. I have been doing more taking apart than putting together. I removed the door panels to try and figure out my window issue. Looks like I pretty much will be needing 3 new regulators, driver front, rear, and passenger rear. The local junk yards only have a driver rear regulator so time to find the other 2! I have also not been able to figure out this whole o2 sensor issue. Hopefully this week after jury duty I'll get down to the bottom of this.
Attached Thumbnails GS in my pants Build Thread-image.jpg  
Old 12-29-14, 07:00 PM
Unqlyrwstl
Driver School Candidate

Here goes a pic of the door panel
Old 12-29-14, 07:01 PM
Unqlyrwstl
Driver School Candidate

Bye bye door panel
Old 12-29-14, 08:21 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

What problems are you having with the O2 sensors?

Quick Reply: GS in my pants Build Thread