gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
No one mentioned Balut?

Love that Kare Kare!
Haha true!
Kare Kare is my favorite as well. I am going to attempt to make it (in a slow cooker) sometime soon! True delicious "comfort food".
lmaol... Studiogeek? You too ? just describing that balut to my wife makes her puke ... but I will eat them with beer...lol

Kare kare .. I never thought she will like it, but it has to be beef ... she does like anything with peanuts or peanut butter. In fact she would live with bread and peanut butter, lmaol.

OP , back to topic , I know VIP is a style and everyone has their own likings . After all it's their money so let them enjoy their hard earned money. Got a question though ...How long does a tire with the VIP style last ? How many miles ? Do you just rotate them to get more mileage since only part of the tire face is used ?

btw , that black interior is freaking nice .
Old 05-07-14, 07:33 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
lmaol... Studiogeek? You too ? just describing that balut to my wife makes her puke ... but I will eat them with beer...lol

Kare kare .. I never thought she will like it, but it has to be beef ... she does like anything with peanuts or peanut butter. In fact she would live with bread and peanut butter, lmaol.

OP , back to topic , I know VIP is a style and everyone has their own likings . After all it's their money so let them enjoy their hard earned money. Got a question though ...How long does a tire with the VIP style last ? How many miles ? Do you just rotate them to get more mileage since only part of the tire face is used ?

Gerrb,
I was offered Balut twice by some good friends who are Eskrima and Kali guys that train at the same Muay Thai school I train at now. It wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. Kare Kare on the other hand is among my favorite foods ever. Yummmm

Sorry for the food jack OP~

I don't go overboard with the negative camber, I think i was set to -3 or so (i will check) for two years (except winters) and my tires show no real uneven wear at all yet. I did swap them side to side each year and don't put on that many highway miles as live right in the city. If not overdone, I just love that look on some cars and KP's car pulls it off quite nicely to me :thumb up:.
And yes, beautiful black interior no doubt!

Last edited by Studiogeek; 05-07-14 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-07-14, 08:08 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb

I don't go overboard with the negative camber, I think i was set to -3 or so (i will check) for two years (except winters) and my tires show not real uneven wear at all yet. I did swap them side to side each year and don't put on that many highway miles as live right in the city. If not overdone, I just love that look on some cars and KP's car pulls it off quite nicely to me :thumb up:.
And yes, beautiful black interior no doubt!
I love the food talk. I haven't gone back home since I came here to US.

If the toe is set right, one side last about a year, then we get a tire shop to flip it(since the tires we use are usually rotational, they flip the left tire to the right side, and the right tire to the left side), then that's another year for your ***. LOL I've learned to use the cheapest tires in the market, not because they're easy to replace, but the good tires tend to wear out faster since they're designed that way to offer more grip. A lot of people hate on the tire brands I use for being cheap, but I've never had not one problem with them. They're all DOT approved anyways.

If I'm not mistaken my negative camber should be around -3 with just natural camber, considering I'm not that low, 'cause the damn Tein's don't go that low in rear, LOL. I actually tried to set the camber to maxed negative, and I didn't like how it looked at all. The tire was just sticking out so much it looked like it's about to come off. That's why I had to do about an inch of pull to make the tire fit with maxed positive camber.

And yeah, I've always liked black on black SC's. I think I've even mentioned that a million times with my other build. LOL

Last edited by OG Dada; 05-07-14 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-07-14, 08:33 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Can't see that well in the pic, but it looks like the Sc430 wheel has the best match with the interior wood trim. Can you verify this KP?
Is the airbag rigging and installation simple? Is it "plug and play" or is modification necessary?
Old 05-07-14, 08:45 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Can't see that well in the pic, but it looks like the Sc430 wheel has the best match with the interior wood trim. Can you verify this KP?
Is the airbag rigging and installation simple? Is it "plug and play" or is modification necessary?
Yeah it does have an almost perfect match with the OEM woodgrain. You just need to change the wire with the clock spring and it's plug and play.
Old 05-07-14, 11:34 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Yeah it does have an almost perfect match with the OEM woodgrain. You just need to change the wire with the clock spring and it's plug and play.
Thats what I will look for then. Lots of people paint it but I like the wood trim quite a bit.
Old 05-22-14, 12:25 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your car looks sick, really liking it. Makes me want to go from Platinum Metallic to Black Onyx....ya bastard! Ah well I got my work cut out for me anyway, trying to get a damn bike now too.... I want your steering wheel so bad. I swear it's like my money disappears I don't even know where it goes. Too much on my too do list, however I am getting the air conditioning fixed right now, so that's a biggie for the summer. All in due time I suppose.

PS: The tails are ill!
Old 05-22-14, 05:13 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Biddles
Your car looks sick, really liking it. Makes me want to go from Platinum Metallic to Black Onyx....ya bastard! Ah well I got my work cut out for me anyway, trying to get a damn bike now too.... I want your steering wheel so bad. I swear it's like my money disappears I don't even know where it goes. Too much on my too do list, however I am getting the air conditioning fixed right now, so that's a biggie for the summer. All in due time I suppose.

PS: The tails are ill!
Haha, thanks for the compliments. Yeah, see, that's why I bought a second SC with a better platform strictly project. I figured, as long as I'm daily driving it, it's just gonna keep on giving me maintenance and repair issues. These cars isn't getting any younger. That's why if y'all noticed, I was able to get on this faster than my first SC.
Old 06-21-14, 11:17 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Only shot of my SC from the Wrong Fitment Crew Fest 2 event last Saturday I can find online. Got to park with the cool cars 'cause I don't have a crew. Got to meet Calitri and his ISF in person but he was too busy cleaning it. LOL

IMG_0692 by damoneydada, on Flickr
Old 06-22-14, 10:14 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

KP, SC is looking real nice!
Old 06-22-14, 12:43 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice! Didnt know you got another SC
Old 06-22-14, 11:01 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Those headlights really do look nice
Old 06-23-14, 06:06 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by soarer213
KP, SC is looking real nice!
Thanks brotha!

Originally Posted by Joey-E
Nice! Didnt know you got another SC

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
Those headlights really do look nice
Man, I always stare at it whenever I check it in the parking lot. I hope this is the answer to our yellowing headlights problem. That 5 year guarantee looks really promising. I forgot to add, that the texture of the material also gives it a high gloss look, that's why it looks even way better than brand new headlights in person.
Old 06-23-14, 06:50 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Man, I always stare at it whenever I check it in the parking lot. I hope this is the answer to our yellowing headlights problem. That 5 year guarantee looks really promising. I forgot to add, that the texture of the material also gives it a high gloss look, that's why it looks even way better than brand new headlights in person.
I'm sold. I'm doing this mod to my SC's.
Old 06-23-14, 09:30 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
I'm sold. I'm doing this mod to my SC's.
Yeah man, just take your time in prepping your headlights, cause whatever is on the surface when you put on the film will be locked in there. I didn't stop sanding until the dust became white, which tells me that it's already the plastic I'm sanding and no longer the grime that stuck on the surface. Then polished it really good until it was crystal clear through sunlight. I didn't polish the inside though, just gave it a real good cleaning with soap cause I'm afraid to scratch it and it would be pretty hard to polish that. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Welcome to the Dark Side