Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC300 rebuild (1jz , bmw 530d 5-speed)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-18, 05:23 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks Gerry, and thanks again for helping me out with the parts!
No a local paint shop helps me out. I´ve been playing with the thought though. It would be great to be able to do the paint jobs yourself. Don´t know how long the learning curve is?
Would be fun to try

Old 08-12-18, 04:15 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

The SC looks great, Anders! Definitely updates the original appearance! And the 1.5JZ project engine... is that what I already see in the engine bay? How did it work out to use the dual flange adapters against the HKS turbos?

If this is a different engine that I am seeing and you're still working on that 1.5JZ engine, as chnk pointed out you want the IS300 Union bolt P/N 90401-19008. That has a 1/8BSPT thread so you need an adapter that is 1/8BSPT Male to 1/8NPT Female (if you plan to use an NPT style hose. AN-4 or AN-3 are supposed to be the alternatives).

The R154 will feel great in that car!
Old 08-13-18, 12:11 AM
Bempa
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Woaw great work with facelifting the SC! I really like the OEM+ style you have on it. The engine bay looks stunning!
Old 08-14-18, 08:02 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

The SC looks great, Anders! Definitely updates the original appearance! And the 1.5JZ project engine... is that what I already see in the engine bay? How did it work out to use the dual flange adapters against the HKS turbos?

If this is a different engine that I am seeing and you're still working on that 1.5JZ engine, as chnk pointed out you want the IS300 Union bolt P/N 90401-19008. That has a 1/8BSPT thread so you need an adapter that is 1/8BSPT Male to 1/8NPT Female (if you plan to use an NPT style hose. AN-4 or AN-3 are supposed to be the alternatives).

The R154 will feel great in that car!
Thank you Craig! I´m very happy with the result. I really like the +97 look.
It´s still the stock 1jz you see in the engine bay. I´ve been away from home for a while so I haven´t worked any on the 1,5jz project lately. I hope to do some progress during the autumn . Putting a motor together is new for me so it´ll take some time. Reading., ordering parts and making mistakes takes time .
When it comes to oil supply for the turbos.I haven´t decided whether to use the union bolt or a sandwich. I´m worried that the supply not will be enough for two turbos from the union bolt, but maybe it works fine? All the information I can find about turbo oil feed from the union bolt is about single turbo set ups.

PS. Congratulations on you getting the 2jzgte started

Woaw great work with facelifting the SC! I really like the OEM+ style you have on it. The engine bay looks stunning!
Thank you for your kind words Bempa! There are some aftermarket body kits that look ok, but I think Toyota did a pretty good job themselves on the SC .

Old 03-24-19, 11:15 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

Here´s what you´ve got to do to if you want to install a supra cat back exhaust on an SC.

This Blitz cat back was installed on my black supra when I bought it. I have a stock exhaust on that car now. It came with a 3´midpipe + downpipe(2jz) as well, but for now I´m using a stock 1jz downpipe and a gutted/decatted stock midpipe.

1) Extend 23 cm in the front section

2) Move the front hanger 8 cm to the front

I built a new hanger out of rebar instead. Not exactly stylish but it does the work.

* I also installed a 2´restrictor plate on a spare downpipe. I´m not sure if it´s really needed when you keep the stock downpipe? Since I still have the stock jdm turbos on this car, I really want to avoid over boosting.

Old 03-24-19, 11:21 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

I have an adjustable silencer installed in the rear (yes I´m getting old ). Louder than the stock exhaust, but actually not that bad inside the car. A nice throaty sound. I´ve tried the 3´midpipe but that was too loud for my taste