Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Fancysauce's 1999 1jz Sc300 Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-19, 06:11 PM
fancysauce
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fancysauce's 1999 1jz Sc300 Nightmare

I thought it would be a great idea to undergo a project again, having come from the Nissan platform in the past. My last project was over 8 years ago. A s13 coupe with bolt ons. Ive had Subarus, Evos, and Hondas, so ive been around my share of turbo cars. I wanted to actually creat my own car again, but i wanted to buy something i at least had to do some "moulding" to, if you know what i mean.

Just recently ive picked up this 1999 Lexus SC300 with a partially finished 1JZGTE swap from a JZZ30. The nightmare comes from all the hackeneyed wiring throughout the SC that should have never even happened and god knows why someone did it in the first place. They also attempted to remove the sunroof which ill inevitably have to do the bodywork on. Anyways, ill post some pics soon but im more here for answers more than anything. Ive just sourced everything for my 5 speed swap too, with the w58 being here tomorrow as a temp tranny til i gather the laundry list needed for an AR5 from a solstice.

ANYWAYS! The biggest problem i a having currently is the 1jz wont rev past 3200 rpm. It hits a wall, so i dont know if its due to some of the wiring which the motor harness seems to be intact so far as i can tell currently. SO far i have checked the timing, the cam gears are aligned and crank pulley is as well, ive checked the TPS, the NSS is bypassed to the starter, i have a spare ecu on its way here in a couple days, but this current ecu is questionable at this point. So im somewhere in the realm of it being the ECU or ignitor. If anybody has any input, i would very greatly appreciate it, as im on my own out here.
Old 11-18-19, 05:36 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/314046-1jz-cannot-rev-pa

Try post number #76 in this thread
Old 11-18-19, 06:53 AM
fancysauce
Driver School Candidate

Marlin Crawler W58 VSS Sensor (Be careful, the plug fell off mine so had to epoxy together)

HX35 rebuilt! Will be going single with this in spring/summer.

Switch panel i fabbed. This one is for sale without switches and gauges, if youre interested.

Old pic, now has aluminum radiator and dual fan setup and some other goods.

Ebay seat haha. Still searching for a nice bucket seat.

Coilovers that will be installed soon!

Sunroof delete. Im not a bodywork guy so dont judge me!

Seat and cage. Will install 4 point harnesses soon.

Fabbed some seat brackets and cut from CNC laser.

Emanage ultimate for HX35 setup.

New wheel and NRG Quick release on the chicken plate!!!

New wheels! MST Suzuka 18x9.5 +12 and 18x11 +10
Old 11-18-19, 07:04 AM
fancysauce
Driver School Candidate

I finally managed to get the major wiring issues worked out. The ecu was getting a 12v constant supply after ignition which caused it to be stuck in limp. Runs like a champ now.

5 speed swap is getting finished up (cutting the final crossmember on the CNC laser today, running the clutch line, and installing the slave and it will be complete) then i will be moving onto the suspension.

The suspension will prob be the roughest since ill be changing out some of those old tired *** bushings. The coilovers will then get put on, then rolling the fenders and adjusting the fitment for the new wheels.

Brakes, i have a set of LS400 4 pots that will be put on up front. Then installing the hydro handbrake as well.

Once i am comfortable with the performance of the 1JZ on the stock twin turbos, i plan on upgrading to an HX35 turbo. These turbos are fantastic on these engines im told. I do have the .63 a/r and the .82 a/r housings, but im looking into which one i should run currently. More than likely the .82 a/r.

Also, to those who have wired in their Greddy Emanage Ultimate, i have not been able to find a complete wiring guide or "how to" for installing the Emanage ultimate harness. The EMB i have found one, but not the EMU. If anyone can offer me some assistance there id greatly appreciate it!
The following users liked this post:
RudysSC (11-18-19)