Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd

Old 10-09-14, 02:42 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

the LEDs in the needles are PLCC2, i'll be doing a DIY when my buddy gets his LEDs in and i'll be doing his needles, so all info will be posted in a separate thread.

no i couldn't figure out which pins light up the dash, i know it's in the middle plug cz thats which one lights up in the car so just gotta figure out which pin.
Old 10-20-14, 05:12 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Went for a drive with my buddy and took some pictures, golden hour is the time to take pictures

Friend drives a stock auto wrx

Almost have the cash for the plastidip. Couple more days of work and I'll be getting some dip!!

Weird thing i noticed was when i had the car in PWR and O/D the whole dash started flickering... I think it's because the regular lights were drawing more power than the surrounding LEDs and something weird electrical is going on. Doesn't bother me that much but whatever.
Old 10-20-14, 05:41 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Nice pics man. What color plastidip are you doing?

Are you doing it yourself or paying a place to do it?
Old 10-20-14, 06:58 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Nice pics man. What color plastidip are you doing?

Are you doing it yourself or paying a place to do it?
I'll be doing flex blue, decided to keep it simple for now and not do any pearls or extras. I'll be doing it myself in my driveway lol
Old 10-20-14, 07:39 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

got home, easier to post pics so here's a few more

you can really tell where i painted the car with the ebay "matched" paint that doesn't match lol. and that's exactly why im plastidipping the car instead of paint, because paint is too expensive and that's too much paper moneez i don't have lol.

finally got the needles all balanced, super gluing and messing around with different little weights finally got it working how it should, except the Temp gauge, that i think is stuck but i think it's just rubbing, i stuck it on too far. tmr gonna go to the junkyard and get some brake lines Ts from a corolla to do the ABS/TRAC delete this weekend. hopefully i can find some. gonna raise the car this weekend probably too and been looking for winter wheels and/or tires because this is my daily and she goes year round.

last body work left is the little driver side corner where i fiberglassed it and just haven't covered the glass, and to fill in the holes from the badges in the trunk. hopefully plastidip won't peel off the primer. i sanded it with 1500 grit so it's really smooth, smoother than the paint so hopefully the plastidip won't cling onto it. i'm gonna first test it with a spray can of dip.
Old 10-21-14, 03:20 PM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep doing work, you have some legit ideas, we only get a little snow in VA and when it happens I'm in heaven. Drift slides everywhere.
Old 10-21-14, 06:23 PM
BeaksSC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe another little piece of body work would be bondoing some of the sharp areas and appearant little holes (probably just the pics) where you deleted the cross beams in the bumper grill. Know what I mean? Make it a little smoother
Old 10-21-14, 07:46 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BeaksSC
Maybe another little piece of body work would be bondoing some of the sharp areas and appearant little holes (probably just the pics) where you deleted the cross beams in the bumper grill. Know what I mean? Make it a little smoother
funny thing is, the rough edges are stock, i smoothed as much as i could but it looks like i'm gonna have to cut and smooth some more. gonna put plastidip off to the side cz i found a deal for some winter wheels and tires that is a total steal.
Old 10-22-14, 07:50 PM
BeaksSC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh okay haha I was just curious. One thing I was talking about is that ridge in the back of the bottom part of the grille. Know what I'm talking about? Maybe it's just one of those things that stands out in pictures. Or my ocd. lol
Old 10-22-14, 10:13 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

i know exactly what you're talking about, and i'm talking about that too. i was surprised to see that when i cut the piece off. i'm gonna have to grind that down or something.
Old 11-16-14, 01:33 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

small little update, also in my headlight build thread. got the badge on, just thinking if i should put the front one on the hood or the old bumper position. it's just double sided tape so when i repaint the car it won't be a problem to take it off.

and the front for thinking

hmmm wat else, gonna change the oil next week and raise it, should be 60 degrees instead of 20 something right now, snowed today. wild stuff

looking for winter tires still and that's about it, haven't done anything cz finishing up school, once that's done though, oh all the time in the world will be mine, unless i get a job lol, hopefully i get a career job lol.
Old 01-10-15, 12:53 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

well still haven't figured out the heat, windows fogged up, temperature outside is currently -5F and the fog on the windows froze, can't unfreeze it, haven't driven car in a couple days because i can't see out the windows. battery died and froze, got a new battery, push start fried itself somehow. gonna get an RFID system once i finish a few freelance projects and get paid. out of school now and quit delivering pizzas so just working on freelance until i find a part or full time job in my field.

haven't done anything else to the car, just start her up every day and let her run for a bit cz it's deathly cold outside. gonna try fitting some smaller wheels with winter tires over my TT brakes, hopefully they fit so i could finally throw these winter tires i have on them. don't wanna put 205's on my 9" wheels, had a bad experience with my old tires.

i'm all out of ideas for the blower fan, it just won't work. i tried bypassing the resistor and transistor and running a power wire straight from the harness that connects to the whole system, but even that didn't work. so i have no idea where my problem is. waiting for a multi meter to come in so i could start testing all the wiring, there's gotta be a loose plug or wire somewhere because there was a random time a few months ago where the fan turned on for a good minute (oh wat a beautiful day that was). once i get the heat fixed and we have a warmer day i'll try getting my seized caliper bolt off and get a new one. gotta get a torch and try to get it off that way.

back of the car is still making that grinding noise, haven't felt any disturbance or anything so i'm not worried, it's been going on for a freaking year almost, have no idea wtf it is, not even my mechanic could figure it out. hopefully in the spring i'll try getting a SC430 (3.2 ratio) diff in there, maybe it's the diff, which turns out mine is def not a TT auto diff, it does not ever lock, i got an open diff like no other, so the seller it got ripped off, or lied to me. who knows.

that's my update, sorry no pictures, all i got is my car covered in snow lol. hopefully soon, once i get nice and employed some new stuff will come.
Old 01-20-15, 09:28 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

the heat works!!! finally put the car back together exactly how it was when i got it, besides the radio. turns out it was just the relay in the engine bay, jumped ports 4 and 5 and the fan started blowing. just waiting for the new relay to come in and i'll be set! FINALLY!!!

things left to fix still:
-Back wheel noise (diff maybe? half shaft? handbrake?)
-cracked front windshield becuase of roof rust that i think i will try to weld this summer, for now it's just fiberglass
-some other rust around the quarter corners by the wheels
-a permanent fix to the key not starting the car (currently have a switch wired straight to the starter relay)
-get it painted!
-Timing Belt and water pump changed currently at 230k miles, last change was at 98k
-Something squeaking in the bay when cold or humid outside (either serpentine or idler pulley gotta take a closer look)

that's all i can think of for now and things i wanna add or remove:

-AC Delete (never use it)
-ABS block delete (doesn't work, i'm guessing broken ABS sensors in the wheels when bearings were changed)
-Custom Tail Lights
-Custom Headlights (continue that build)
-7" Tablet install and 10" shallow free air sub in factory location
-Different shifter maybe, something custom?
-2 Tone interior (black and tan)

and that's all i can think of as well. trying to find a job in my field still, been doing freelance work but it's not enough.
Old 02-09-15, 05:13 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

fixed my heat finally, or fan i should say. it was just a chewed up wire in the wheel well harness. i moved the harness and never checked if the wires were actually ok. so heat always works now. got some Muteki lug nuts, i thought they would be bigger, they're pretty teeny, oh well as long as they hold my wheels on lol. next up will be moving the battery to the trunk, got some new battery terminals that should be coming in soon. they're for a sound system set up so i'll be able to wire an amp very easily from the battery in the trunk. after that i'll try doing the ABS delete once it starts warming up, looks like we got some more cold weather coming soon here in chicago.

Old 03-16-15, 12:14 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

got my summer wheels back on, need to wash them though and will paint them once weather is steadily warm. Lug nuts are also on and been working on my tail light build which is in my sig. also put my sideskirts back on and added a couple mounting points (the broke off in the deep snow we had here) other than that, found a deal on some knuckles, will grab those when i have the cash and replace mine which will hopefully fix the "NOISE". then it's a long summer of maintenance!

still a small gap on the passenger side one

driver side basically perfect!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd