Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-16, 09:55 AM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice. Now just install the lip and paint it already!
Old 04-05-16, 03:32 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
Nice. Now just install the lip and paint it already!
i know! except instead of a lip i'm gonna try to extend the entire bottom of the bumper to match the height of the skirts and build a lip into the bumper. it's gonna be sweet, i'll be using expanding foam and fiberglass so it should be sturdy. i'm torn between painting it white or a blue similar to the F cars

here's basically the perfect picture on which colors i'm torn between lol.

Blue will be much harder obviously, but it's my favorite color, however i love white cars, especially Lexus.
Old 04-05-16, 05:50 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I vote blue. And i'm looking forward to seeing the progress. Maybe I can see it at some meets this summer when its done.
Old 04-05-16, 08:23 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

yea hopefully i can pull it off. the worst part is fixing the rust on the roof, that's gonna be a ***** since i don't have access to welding.
Old 04-12-16, 06:18 AM
josemanzo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice body work skillz, when i saw the rot i could'nt help but flinch lol
Old 04-12-16, 01:59 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by josemanzo
nice body work skillz, when i saw the rot i could'nt help but flinch lol
yea the rot was bad, still got plenty to take care of though.
Old 05-02-16, 07:17 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

small update, finally installed this shifter i got off ebay for 8 bucks lol. it was a pain in the ***, tons of cutting up the original shifter rod and just omg such a pain for so little. BUT I LOVE IT! i love how i can just press the whole thing instead of a button, i love that it's smaller, it looks a gazillion times better and so on.
just finished installing now so it got dark, i'll get a nicer pic tmr
Name:  DSC_2475.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  265.4 KB

besides that, just traded a bunch of parts with a friend, got camry E-fans that i'll be using to replace the hydro fan, just gotta get an LS bracket unless someone knows how to get the original bump. Also for the fans gotta get a controller cz i don't wanna be switching them on and off with a switch or something and i sit in traffic a lot so overheating is no bueno. i'll take a pic of that stuff tomorrow. also, starting another project, STEERING WHEEL AUDIO CONTROLS! that's gonna be awesome i think, there's a mic built in as well, i wonder if i can hook up my phone through bluetooth and use the mic through the tablet to make calls, then i'll be rolling like it's 2008 lol.

Name:  DSC_2416.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  150.9 KB

also got a new door handle cz mine is half broken, a new window motor cz mine the wire that moves it up and down broke, tried fixing it with bike brake cable but couldn't get it to work right. and got this beast! gonna reupholster it, cut the foam so it's deeper, home made racing seat babyyyyy!!! gonna try to figure out a way to take all the motors out and make it manual, that would be epic, save tons of weight.

yes, it fits in the trunk lol
Name:  DSC_2473.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  212.3 KB

also hit a milestone, forgot to take a pic at 250 flat so next best thing loll
Name:  DSC_2435_1.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  91.2 KB

oh also, some bad news, one of my wheels cracked it was previously welded and i must have hit something pretty hard, i was driving through some construction so that's probably what did it. it's a small crack but it leaks, gonna get it fixed tomorrow hopefully, meanwhile rolling on a winter tire.

Last edited by oldManTan; 05-05-16 at 07:24 AM.
Old 05-02-16, 08:13 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

You should just do a vinyl wrap....

Prep the body like you would for paint....then wrap it

Can be done right around $600 if you do the wrap yourself

IMO...i wouldnt waste time on the paint.....i'd hate to see you go through all the trouble and money on paint and the rust come back out....
Old 05-03-16, 10:42 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

idc if the rust comes back out lol, i won't keep the car that long, the part that i fully fixed in the back corner hasn't had any rust come up yet though, it's been a year, so i guess i did a pretty good job?
Old 05-03-16, 11:38 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by oldManTan
idc if the rust comes back out lol, i won't keep the car that long, the part that i fully fixed in the back corner hasn't had any rust come up yet though, it's been a year, so i guess i did a pretty good job?
No offense....but what I seen it was not repaired correctly.....in order to prevent rust form coming back you need to completely remove all material...that has rust...and replace with new sheet metal..

if you are not keeping the car why waste the money on paint..etc...
Old 05-03-16, 01:42 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

correctly or not according to the book it doesn't matter. it's working and there has been no more rust coming from that area. Sheet metal isn't the only way to fix rust. Car panels are sometimes made entirely out of fiberglass so i don't see what's wrong with using it for repairs on minor rot. Welding is a PITA and way too much work for the time i have so fiberglass it is.

as for painting the car i'll probably be buying a couple gallons of krylon and using my friends paint shop so it won't cost me more than a 100 bucks.
Old 05-18-16, 11:15 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Changed the leaky caliper and also changed a leaky line in the rear. brakes feel great now, no more leaks, no more soft pedal finally.

before
Name:  DSC_2486.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  383.5 KB

and after
Name:  DSC_2487.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  363.8 KB

i'll probably have to do the same thing to the fuel line leading up to the fuel filter, it's just a giant clump of rust there lol, luckily no leak yet. we'll see hopefully i'll be able to get the fuel line off the filter without breaking it. this weekend i'm hoping to install my audio controls on the steering wheel and maybe something else.
Old 05-23-16, 08:44 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

had a little bit of time this weekend so i painted more of the interior. this time the pillar trim. I also took off the oh **** handles cz i have never used them and my girlfriend can't even reach it, weight reduction right lol? i'm gonna 3D print some "LEXUS" logos and try to slide them on the same way the handles just slide on.

Name:  DSC_2522.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  279.4 KB
Old 05-30-16, 09:47 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

got the interior almost done, just got the front dash and wood trims left. i used a brushed aluminum vinyl wrap on the wood trims, it looks freaking awesome. It shimmers in the light and has this holographic look to it i absolutely love it. i'm gonna have to rewrap it though, in some parts the leather pushed it up so i gotta wrap around the edge on those parts.
Name:  DSC_2534.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  213.4 KB
Name:  DSC_2535.jpg
Size:  201.3 KB
Name:  DSC_2536.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  148.6 KB

i also started working on these little caps to cover the bolts where the oh ***** handle used to be. I'm gonna 3D print them, put the Lexus logo on it and some lights to match the color of my interior lighting.
Name:  DSC_2530.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  211.7 KB
Name:  DSC_2531.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  255.0 KB
Name:  DSC_2526.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  253.7 KB
oh and my custom tail lights are coming along nicely.
Name:  DSC_2532.jpg
Size:  382.5 KB
Old 07-07-16, 07:59 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

i'm selling the car guys, just got tired of it and all the stress, it's just too high mileage for my budget to keep maintaining it. The spark plug blew out, so i had to use a helicoil kit to rethread the head. changed the wires because the one that blew cracked the wire plug. also redid the brakes cz there were leaks everywhere and the master was falling apart so i changed it. got a new car, a 2016 scion iM, yea it's slow, yea it doesn't sound awesome, but all i need is a daily to save money with, even though i'm paying off a loan lol. i'll stick around the forums, will still finish the tail lights, headlights, and custom bumper and will continue fixing clusters and needles for people cz i find it enjoyable.

here's the last pics i took of the car, it's currently sitting at a lot by a buddies garage, so hopefully someone buys it or trades me something for it, would like a motorcycle lol.
Name:  DSC_2608.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  442.9 KB
Name:  DSC_2622.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  391.4 KB

everything i'm selling with it lol
Name:  DSC_2621.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  351.7 KB

and here's the new car, i call it blueballz lol, no idea why
Name:  DSC_2627.jpg