Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Sc4 Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-14, 04:01 PM
toyoboy120
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigwes
How hard was it to install the LS brakes on a scale from 1-10?
Brakes were easy, it's pretty basic straight foreword install.
Old 08-19-14, 07:44 PM
toyoboy120
Rookie

Ok so my clutch spacer wont be here until Saturday, so I did everything I can until I get it. So I got the adapter mounted and my pilot bearing adapter in.

Old 09-01-14, 03:38 PM
toyoboy120
Rookie

Update... got some stuff done, got the engine bay all cleaned up and the EGR delete done.

Did my own little intake mod. I modified the factory tube and took the bog box thing off and patched the hole. Opened up the box some on the outside and made a heat shield to block all the hot engine bay air.

Old 09-01-14, 03:50 PM
toyoboy120
Rookie

Finally working on the car again!

finally got my spacer. got it and the clutch all put together.

and finally got the trans all in, had some fitting issues and had to open up the tunnel a little with a sledge.

and got the wiring for the speedo done, we'll see if it works....

The slave cylinder sits pretty close to the drivers cat so i wrapped it and the line in heat tape

Old 09-01-14, 07:02 PM
PR0PH37
Rookie

Nice simple build. Hate that you are abandoning it for the 240z bit make sure you give us a few pictures here and there when you can.
Old 09-03-14, 12:37 PM
toyoboy120
Rookie

Originally Posted by PR0PH37
Nice simple build. Hate that you are abandoning it for the 240z bit make sure you give us a few pictures here and there when you can.
I’m not completely abandoning it, just not going for the full forced induction build i was planning on. It will be more of a mild street build.

Another update, went to the driveline place and dropped off my slip yoke and measurements, ended up having to order the Driftmotion 3 bolt to 4 bolt adaptor, will be here Friday.
Old 09-03-14, 12:48 PM
tibby12
Driver School Candidate

Any update of the Dakota Digital speedo? I also did the 6 speed swap and was looking into different options of the speedo. Also what circuit did you tap into?
Old 09-03-14, 04:07 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice build so far! Very clean install. Hey, not sure if I've missed it or not? If you haven't moved your harness in the wheel well, you should do so immediately. This will help save the harness from getting chewed up with that right height? Keep the mods coming, and I too can't wait to see the Z finish.

steve
Old 09-03-14, 09:06 PM
toyoboy120
Rookie

Originally Posted by tibby12
Any update of the Dakota Digital speedo? I also did the 6 speed swap and was looking into different options of the speedo. Also what circuit did you tap into?

I'll have a update on it once i get my driveshaft. I used the abs speed sensor, I had my buddy wire it for me. I'm not as umm smart when it comes to wiring.

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Nice build so far! Very clean install. Hey, not sure if I've missed it or not? If you haven't moved your harness in the wheel well, you should do so immediately. This will help save the harness from getting chewed up with that right height? Keep the mods coming, and I too can't wait to see the Z finish.

steve
That was one of the first things i did when i lowered it.
Old 09-08-14, 12:10 PM
tibby12
Driver School Candidate

Im very interested in knowing how the speedo signal works for you. If it works fine then im going to order one. Been looking for one for a couple weeks and im tired of using my gps as a speedo lol. Awesome looking car btw.
Old 09-14-14, 06:27 PM
toyoboy120
Rookie

update: got the rest of it together, drives pretty good. but i ran into a issue... when i pulled all the lines for the hydro fan and capped them i didn't even think about the pulley so it seized on me today. so I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance here. Ive seen people switch to the ls400 pump and pulley and i have seen some people remove the guts of the sc400 pump and run that. so not sure which to do at this point, id like to not spend the money if i don't have to at this point since Ive already spent so much on the swap...

anyway, everybody likes pictures....

also I got some 95-96 tails last week

Old 09-14-14, 06:28 PM
toyoboy120
Rookie

also, quick update on the Dakota digital box... I am getting a signal but I haven't figured out how to adjust it correctly yet so its kind of all over the place
Old 09-16-14, 05:22 PM
tibby12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by toyoboy120
also, quick update on the Dakota digital box... I am getting a signal but I haven't figured out how to adjust it correctly yet so its kind of all over the place
Sweet. Ive been trying to order one myself and figure it out. Need to wire one in myself and mess with it. Itll be sweet to see the speedo actually move. lol
Old 09-19-14, 08:07 PM
toyoboy120
Rookie

So I ended up getting a 2uz-fe front cover and pulley. Now it's all fixed and runs perfect!

And just a little interior shot most of the way back together

Old 02-11-15, 12:36 PM
daSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Just went through the whole thread! Awesome build brother! It's been 5 months, any updates?

Quick Reply: Sc4 Build