Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

Ej's GS Build

Old 03-07-14, 06:55 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Ej's GS Build

hey guys and gals!

Just got my 2008 starfire pearl GS350 AWD on Wednesday and I am loving it!

I guess you can say I wanted to get out of the speed side of tuning which is why I wanted to go VIP! I also needed a good car that can get me out of town to RUCK around! check out my ruckus too in my signature. well here is the link to my ruckus build till im able to make a signature http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewto...94792#p1494792

on to the pictures... don't hate on the wheels it came with the car. im trying to get rid of them.

So the dealership didn't have the stock wheels. and I really don't like these wheels

I decided to try and make them look as good as I can by taking off the white plastics that where on the rim

it definitely looks a lot better without the white on the spokes

DOES ANYONE IN THE MIDDLE TN AREA WANT TO TRADE WHEELS? pretty desperate LOL

Thanks for viewing my thread everyone! I look forward to learning more about this car through ClubLexus!

and her name is Alexis
The following users liked this post:
LexNYC83 (04-04-20)
Old 03-07-14, 07:23 AM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the family and great pickup. What mods do you have planned?

Also, what size are those wheels? Would probably look better lowered.

Keep us updated.

-Sky
Old 03-07-14, 07:35 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Skylar978
Welcome to the family and great pickup. What mods do you have planned?

Also, what size are those wheels? Would probably look better lowered.

Keep us updated.

-Sky
I will definitely post every mod I do even small ones currently ordered some tanabe df210 springs temporarily since it may be a year till I get my setup.

my plans for mods is BC coils on UAS bags with accuair. looking to put on my some works/ssr/weds luxury line wheels 20x9 or 10 all around. offset will vary depending on the wheels I get and how I want it to sit.

Im going with a typical color scheme. tiffany blue and white. however there will be very little of the tiffany color on it. just the small accents.

as far as engine- just an intake. im doubting getting an exhaust but who knows. I love the quite ride... don't want to make it too loud

my goal is stock ride height. parkit n slammit LOL.

I know they are 20s. im thinking its 20x8 or 9 ill need to check. I do know there are spacers on in it to clear brakes so if anyone wants them they will go with the trade

Last edited by uberEJ; 03-07-14 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-07-14, 08:27 AM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome to CL....Clean car.....
Old 03-10-14, 04:07 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

it seems like my valves need to be adjusted. I put some lucas oil stabilizer and it help the ticking a little. has anyone had this problem around 57k miles?
Old 03-10-14, 06:43 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

It has direct injection, so it will be noisier at idle than a regular port injected engine. That's just how they are. Welcome!
Old 03-10-14, 01:16 PM
blue00
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

not just direct injection but timing chain as well.... it does sound a bit like a tractor in terms of the tone... not as loud ofc
Old 03-11-14, 07:14 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
It has direct injection, so it will be noisier at idle than a regular port injected engine. That's just how they are. Welcome!
so that ticking at idle is normal for direct injection? this is my first v6 so just clarifying. when my ep ticked I adjusted the valves and it went away, but this does sound like a different tick from what my ep was doing.

Originally Posted by blue00
not just direct injection but timing chain as well.... it does sound a bit like a tractor in terms of the tone... not as loud ofc
so im guessing this is normal
Old 03-11-14, 07:15 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
I'm geussing the 460's have direct injection also
Old 03-11-14, 07:18 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Marklouis
I'm geussing the 460's have direct injection also
if they are.... I guess they are not so "Refined" from what everyone was saying lol. I still would've gotten a 460 if I could. but I figure id take it one step at time from straight 6 to inline 4 now to the v6
Old 03-11-14, 07:29 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

I ordered my Tanabe DF210 last Friday and just checked should be here today. I'm only going to do the front for now because the rear rubs with the wheel and tire I have.

Hopefully I can pull the shock out and not touch the arms or camber plate so I wont need an alignment. If I can't pull it out ill have to install them another time.

I also, ordered a K&N intake hopefully will be here tomorrow. Does anyone have this installed? what are your reviews on it? better gas mileage and power?
Old 03-11-14, 12:27 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by uberEJ
I will definitely post every mod I do even small ones currently ordered some tanabe df210 springs temporarily since it may be a year till I get my setup.

my plans for mods is BC coils on UAS bags with accuair. looking to put on my some works/ssr/weds luxury line wheels 20x9 or 10 all around. offset will vary depending on the wheels I get and how I want it to sit.

Im going with a typical color scheme. tiffany blue and white. however there will be very little of the tiffany color on it. just the small accents.

as far as engine- just an intake. im doubting getting an exhaust but who knows. I love the quite ride... don't want to make it too loud

my goal is stock ride height. parkit n slammit LOL.

I know they are 20s. im thinking its 20x8 or 9 ill need to check. I do know there are spacers on in it to clear brakes so if anyone wants them they will go with the trade
air tekk and air rex just came out with bags struts for the AWD models
Old 03-12-14, 04:15 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

if they are.... I guess they are not so "Refined" from what everyone was saying lol. I still would've gotten a 460 if I could. but I figure id take it one step at time from straight 6 to inline 4 now to the v6
These cars are "refined" the ticking noise comes with all DI systems . The 460 is a step far, as they're really rare! I wish I got one too . Gas mileage would have been better on my part lol.

I ordered my Tanabe DF210 last Friday and just checked should be here today. I'm only going to do the front for now because the rear rubs with the wheel and tire I have.

Hopefully I can pull the shock out and not touch the arms or camber plate so I wont need an alignment. If I can't pull it out ill have to install them another time.

I also, ordered a K&N intake hopefully will be here tomorrow. Does anyone have this installed? what are your reviews on it? better gas mileage and power?
Take pictures on how it looks! I think it'd look funky tbh, since the front's down and back's up LOL!

I heard mixed reviews in real world with the intake.... someone claims they got more power/response, but MOST of us know the car's not responsive to Bolton mods.... intake is for sound, so is exhaust really.... These cars don't react to boltons very well.... If our ECUs could be unlocked that'd be another story .

As far as BC & UAS, I did it, and enjoy it.... but there's much easier routes, like swtjlsy said.... Airrex, Accuair, done .

Otherwise it's BCR, ship to cut & mod rear struts, at the same time get bags and adaptor plates, Accuair, and THEN done.... Both cost about the same, one's just less of a hassle.
Old 03-12-14, 04:48 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
These cars are "refined" the ticking noise comes with all DI systems . The 460 is a step far, as they're really rare! I wish I got one too . Gas mileage would have been better on my part lol.

Take pictures on how it looks! I think it'd look funky tbh, since the front's down and back's up LOL!

I heard mixed reviews in real world with the intake.... someone claims they got more power/response, but MOST of us know the car's not responsive to Bolton mods.... intake is for sound, so is exhaust really.... These cars don't react to boltons very well.... If our ECUs could be unlocked that'd be another story .

As far as BC & UAS, I did it, and enjoy it.... but there's much easier routes, like swtjlsy said.... Airrex, Accuair, done .

Otherwise it's BCR, ship to cut & mod rear struts, at the same time get bags and adaptor plates, Accuair, and THEN done.... Both cost about the same, one's just less of a hassle.
Yep, I've done my fare share of tuning my civic from all motor to boost. Wish we had something like K-Pro The intake does help the response but it also matters on the tune of course. I just want the intake because I hate the stock square filters. From previous vehicles ive owned it has saved me some gas mileage. I also feel like those stock filters do not let the engine breath enough. however, Im going to connect my wideband and see what its doing before and after the intake to make sure im not running too lean.

Ravspec sells BC Coils with the UAS bags already mounted. I need to look into the airrex and accuair combo u mentioned. I just realized I never looked at airrex stuff.

yeah I also think lowering the front would look funny but hopefully these spring will compensate for the front currently being higher than the rear right now. Yup I said it, the front currently sits higher than the rear with stock springs. I don't know why but it bugs the hell out of me. id rather nose dive and look like im on a drag strip than look like the next man going to the moon(wouldn't be a bad idea though ).

but anywho heres the pics of my order that came in Tanabe DF210. again this is a temporary solution. since I still got my hookup I got these bad boys for a 100.

I also wanted to point out that I can't lower the rear because of the tire rubbing on that rubber or plastic fender lip thing lol. if it cambers enough where it will clear ill probably lower it today if someone can chime in how much camber they get with the df210's. ive been searching and they don't post up camber specs after lowering without camber kits.

Last edited by uberEJ; 03-12-14 at 04:57 AM.
Old 03-12-14, 05:41 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

just looked up the airrex info... looks sweet! airrex and accuair it is!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ej's GS Build