Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

Ej's GS Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-17, 06:48 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Little update on my setup purchased some arms from figs to get rid of some of my camber. I went with figs because I know they are quality parts, very sturdy, and easy to adjust. Pretty much once you break the lock nuts you can turn them by hand.

Heres res a pic in the difference in arm length

After installation pics.. it got rid of my-8 on ride height and put it down to -3 with plenty more adjustment room

The following users liked this post:
LexNYC83 (04-04-20)
Old 03-06-17, 06:52 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Also with the Heim bushings, the rear end feels more solid and definitely feels like a lot of the flexing and swaying in cornering disappeared
Old 04-18-17, 10:10 AM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GOOD ***** Seriously considering the rear kit from figs. Have you noticed a difference from tire wear front and rear? I assume you had tire wear issues as well prior to installing these suspension arms?
Old 04-18-17, 11:12 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

I definitely had tire wear only because the way oem alignment is for toe is in so that destroyed my tires on the negative 8 setup. I'm sure if I went with 0 toe I would've not have as much as a wear on themMy front are still good. My tears are at -1.3 now and I have them aligned to 0 toe... not factory.

Originally Posted by Skylar978
GOOD ***** Seriously considering the rear kit from figs. Have you noticed a difference from tire wear front and rear? I assume you had tire wear issues as well prior to installing these suspension arms?
Old 04-19-17, 09:12 AM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Wow, from -8 to -1.3. That is a HUGE difference. Im assuming your fitment is fender to rim now in the rear? Love the direction your car is heading! I am debating if I should modify the knuckles, or cut my strut towers. I hate this AWD stance up front lol

Also, how is your vibration now after all the arms, have they made an improvement? I may do the motor spacers soon, maybe that would remedy it..not to mention axle binding. I am on my 3rd set of axles
Old 04-19-17, 11:03 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Skylar978
Wow, from -8 to -1.3. That is a HUGE difference. Im assuming your fitment is fender to rim now in the rear? Love the direction your car is heading! I am debating if I should modify the knuckles, or cut my strut towers. I hate this AWD stance up front lol

Also, how is your vibration now after all the arms, have they made an improvement? I may do the motor spacers soon, maybe that would remedy it..not to mention axle binding. I am on my 3rd set of axles
I would start with shortened knuckles 30mm. The arms doesn't do anything with vibrations. The only that helps it the most is the figs rear poly bushings for the LCA. And that dampens a lot of it. To solve this issue I think only extended axles will work but you'd have to get a drive shaft shop to make that. I'm still on my first set of axles and boots torn but that's it, maybe some wear and tear on the inside.

As far as the motor spacers they would work but only a little. You'll need to raise up the motor a lot for it to actually make the vibrations disappear.

i have both shortened knuckles and the hole on my shock tower. I only did both to get rid of any possibilities of the UCA ball joint/spc camber kit from banging the tower during normal driving or hitting any bumps.

as for future set up im going to try smaller tire width so I can pull the camber out in the front more and in the rear. I definitely want a flush fender to lip setup. I tuck the front and line up and what not

Heres current setup

The following users liked this post:
hunterhill (03-24-22)
Old 04-30-17, 01:15 AM
Joeyc850
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do you like accuair?

Last edited by Joeyc850; 04-30-17 at 01:29 AM.
Old 04-30-17, 03:15 PM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joeyc850
how do you like accuair?
love it. The management works he best in my opinion. However, some people are having issues with it airing down on them. I haven't had that issue. I think it's more of those staying connected to ilevel and streaming music or any other apps. I do wish it was a Bluetooth design other than wifi.

Im running BC coils with uas bags and I can't really compare it to air runner since they don't make AWD bags for the GS... at least last time I checked. Price wise airrunner at the time was way too expensive imo for being toggle switch instead of management
Old 05-01-17, 11:26 AM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

what are your current alignment settings as far as camber and toe for the front and rear?
Old 05-01-17, 11:58 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FortuneSC
what are your current alignment settings as far as camber and toe for the front and rear?
Front
19x10 +9
camber -2
toe is set to factory to can't remember the number

rear
19x11 +6
camber -1.5
toe is 0
Old 05-01-17, 02:40 PM
Skylar978
Pole Position

hella VIP yo...lol
Old 01-31-18, 07:53 AM
Klassy
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn! Love your ride! Sick!
Old 01-31-18, 07:57 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Klassy
Damn! Love your ride! Sick!

thabk you very much! Hope to have different wheels, new trunk setup, and interior work(nothing fancy) this year
Old 04-02-20, 12:32 PM
djarmpit
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uberEJ
I would start with shortened knuckles 30mm. The arms doesn't do anything with vibrations. The only that helps it the most is the figs rear poly bushings for the LCA. And that dampens a lot of it. To solve this issue I think only extended axles will work but you'd have to get a drive shaft shop to make that. I'm still on my first set of axles and boots torn but that's it, maybe some wear and tear on the inside.

As far as the motor spacers they would work but only a little. You'll need to raise up the motor a lot for it to actually make the vibrations disappear.

i have both shortened knuckles and the hole on my shock tower. I only did both to get rid of any possibilities of the UCA ball joint/spc camber kit from banging the tower during normal driving or hitting any bumps.

as for future set up im going to try smaller tire width so I can pull the camber out in the front more and in the rear. I definitely want a flush fender to lip setup. I tuck the front and line up and what not

Heres current setup

any updates?
Old 04-02-20, 01:18 PM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by djarmpit
any updates?
unfortunately no. I’ve sold the car. Life changes. Lol

Quick Reply: Ej's GS Build