Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

TheShaddix's Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-14, 12:46 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

sup man! superblack350z here. glad you made the change. your classic clean style of modding cars is looking good on the 3is. looking forward to this build.
Old 01-04-14, 12:45 AM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

hey man. That's a really nice ISF. Went through your whole thread. You really did a great job on the rear, brakes, spacers, etc. Very inspiring to see that build.
Old 01-05-14, 11:49 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just realized I should save money to work on the exterior instead Thanks tho shaddix. Great looking car

Last edited by aTeAse; 01-06-14 at 12:16 AM.
Old 01-06-14, 12:18 AM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Out of curiosity, when installing the coilovers did you ever grease or use WD40? Or did you just install it straight up?
Old 01-06-14, 12:20 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

nice pics and mods for the IS..
Old 01-06-14, 11:27 AM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1LexuS
Out of curiosity, when installing the coilovers did you ever grease or use WD40? Or did you just install it straight up?
Just installed it straight up. The only parts I see needing any grease would be the bottom bolts since they rotate, but even the factory suspension didn't have any grease. Now that you mentioned it, sounds like a better idea to use some kind of grease. I'll just spray it with WD40 next time I adjust.
Old 01-07-14, 03:19 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Anti seize wouldn't be a bad idea for your coilovers

Nice setup so far
Old 01-07-14, 05:32 PM
jt3944481
Rookie

Quick question,

Where exactly did you get the 4d c/f from? Please help out lol
Price and how much amount did you get etc etc
Thanks a lot!

Text me and help me out if you could
Ild seriously appreciate it!
Want it done already but dont wanna order garbage
626-394-4481
jT
Thanks again !!!
Old 01-07-14, 05:35 PM
jt3944481
Rookie

Btw,

By far,
The cleanest legit mods so far on the entire site here atleast,

Now these, are actually mods that are NOT a downgrade from stock and actually are legit upgrades...

This is how its done^^^^
Keep it up

Last edited by jt3944481; 01-07-14 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-07-14, 05:39 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

[QUOTE="jt3944481;8315020"]Btw, By far, The cleanest legit mods so far on the entire site here atleast, Now these, are actually mods that are NOT a downgrade from stock and actually are legit upgrades... This is how its done^^^^ Kelp it up [/

kinda a bold statement don't you think lol. there are plenty well done modded cars on here .
Old 01-07-14, 09:09 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

so when you removed the rear emblems there were no holes behind there? I want to remove mines as well but wasnt sure if there were holes like the 2IS .

Also are you from the US or Canada? I noticed that you have a F sport with telescoping steering column. I didnt think this combo was possible in the US. Do you have memory seats and Mirror tilt in reverse?
Old 01-07-14, 10:13 PM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jt3944481
Quick question,

Where exactly did you get the 4d c/f from? Please help out lol
Price and how much amount did you get etc etc
Thanks a lot!

Text me and help me out if you could
Ild seriously appreciate it!
Want it done already but dont wanna order garbage
626-394-4481
jT
Thanks again !!!
Thanks, and sure, here it is http://www.ebay.com/itm/121111249730...84.m1497.l2649

However, as much as I like this 4D vinyl, I'm still really tempted to continue practicing with real CF. Prior to 4D, I tried laying real cf onto the glove box trim piece and it came out nearly perfect, with high gloss and what not, but I messed up in some final stages of the process, and ultimately gave up and went with vinyl. But after talking to some people who've done cf, I'm going to continue... No vinyl out there will replicate the look. That CF bit on my steering wheel reminds me of that every day. But the 4D vinyl is durable, doesn't bubble (don't use any adhesive on top of what's there), doesn't look and feel as cheap as the 3M variant, has some gloss, and looks like cf cloth. It's just lacking that super glossy and reflective resin clear on top. By far it's the best thing besides real CF that I have personally seen and I'm sure the majority of this forum would dig it. I'm just too picky for my own good. PM me if you need help with installing the vinyl. I have a few tricks I've learned in the process.
[QUOTE=tmf2004;8315024]
Originally Posted by jt3944481
Btw, By far, The cleanest legit mods so far on the entire site here atleast, Now these, are actually mods that are NOT a downgrade from stock and actually are legit upgrades... This is how its done^^^^ Kelp it up [/

kinda a bold statement don't you think lol. there are plenty well done modded cars on here .
Indeed, there are some really nicely modded IS's here that are really inspiring and moving in the right direction. At the same time, I also gotta admit that it's easy to cross the line and make this car look cheap. But that's always just a matter of taste. People see "clean" in their own ways. For some - low offset wide wheels that barely fit but still manage not to rub, and on coilovers - just a cheap way to ruin the car. For others, including myself, that's the only way to go, and any other way seems pointless. Some mod conservatively. Some mod well over the top. But nevertheless, it's nice to see each and every one of those guys show so much care and attention for their vehicles. Most people who buy our cars don't even care. They just want to drive something nice with some status. Anyway...point is we are all here to have fun and share our knowledge and express our opinions and try our best to be tolerant when they are a bit bold.

Originally Posted by specONE
so when you removed the rear emblems there were no holes behind there? I want to remove mines as well but wasnt sure if there were holes like the 2IS .

Also are you from the US or Canada? I noticed that you have a F sport with telescoping steering column. I didnt think this combo was possible in the US. Do you have memory seats and Mirror tilt in reverse?
I had a 2IS as well and indeed there were holes. But on the new one there are holes only behind the main L badge. The other stuff can be taken off safely. And the fenders are rolled already ! Seems to me that Lexus realized there are enthusiasts out there and made our lives easier! I debadged mine for symmetry, but now the rear looks really plain. Trying to think of ways to fix that...
I don't have memory seats and mirror tilt.

Last edited by TheShaddix; 01-07-14 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-09-14, 07:33 PM
Gonaddz88
Rookie

Just a tip for laying real CF fabric.

After measuring out the size of fabric needed to cover your part tape and secure all four edges of the cloth with sticky tape. Of course this helps greatly in avoiding the fabric to distort when laying it onto tack and curved surfaces.

Another method that i herd helps, (never tried this for myself) BUT spraying a light mist of hairspray/or light spray adhesive on the fabric before applying to tack surface helps keep the weave from distorting as well.

I know for a fact that keeping the weave from distorting is the toughest challenge in laying real CF and why people fear that the end result might not be satisfying.

**I will be also be experimenting in the future with real CF laying/skinning as "they" say.
Old 01-09-14, 08:53 PM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Thanks man. Just learnt that same thing too, wish i knew about it before. I was recommended to use 3M spray adhesive for initial coat instead of using resin so the CF cloth sticks better without peeling. The look of real CF is just too damn provocative. I thought I was done for good because it was a messy process, but after learning a few things I realized all the mess can be avoided easily (using masking tape, etc). I'll post here if I get something decent to show.
Old 03-20-14, 03:17 AM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Not exactly a new mod, but fixed my takeda intake. The couplings got damaged by the clamps over time. So i decided to get some reinforced ones along with better clamps. These are made for turbo piping, an overkill for a simple intake no doubt, but I'm not taking any chances. Anyone running takeda/greddy, my advice is to check your couplings just in case. Loosen the clamps and check the condition of the silicone underneath. Mine looked like that :0 The sizes for the new ones are 4" to 3.5" (filter to pipe) and 3" pipe to motor (the clamp needs to be around 3.2 though). Cost me about 50 in total but can be found for much cheaper if going with other brands. I just liked the colors!

Last edited by TheShaddix; 03-20-14 at 03:34 AM.

Quick Reply: TheShaddix's Build thread