Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Project: Bertha--The SC400 Winter Beater

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-13, 07:43 AM
McCloudsZJ
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Good gosh, how does someone not see a full size car? Lets hope they don't totally it out.

Any pictures of the damage?
No real pictures, yet. I got some on my phone, but they're awful quality. It looks like it's 90% their paint all down the door. The clear coat on the Lexus is cracked/scratched in a couple places, but I'm pretty sure I could buff it out pretty well. If they don't total it, I'm going to pocket the money and fix it myself. If it's totaled, then I already have my next project picked out. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be another SC.

One of my friends from another forum is selling his Grand Cherokee that recently put down 365 whp and 455 ft/lbs on a dyno. I already have boxes and boxes of go-fast stuff for the Jeep leftover from the two I've already done. We'll see. It all depends on what the insurance people say this afternoon.
Old 01-10-14, 09:40 AM
McCloudsZJ
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been fun, it's been real, I've leraned a lot, but I need another big displacement Mopar in my life. Sold the SC this afternoon. To summarize everything that I did before I let her go:

-12V fuel pump mod. Solved my hard-to-start-when-it's-below-0F problem AND the wandering RPMs at highways speeds after cruising for a while. Neat little trick.
Removed all of the seats. Hit the back seats with Lexol moisturizer/cleaner then sealant.
-Shampoo'd the living ***** out of the interior
-Claybar, wash, wax, polish, sealed the outside undercoated, cleaned the wheels up, shined the tires
-Cleaned the engine bay real well and added a couple little cosmetic covers from an SC at the junkyard
-Plastidipped the badges black
-Got a set of spare keys made
-New battery and terminals
-All fluids (including diff) flushed, filled
-Had one last trip to work at 140+ mph

After everything was said and done, I sold her for $600 more than I had invested, including the price of the car. Thanks again for all the good info and help. If I ever find myself in another Lexus (the IS300s have always had a special place in my heart), I'll be back.

Oh, and this is what is replacing the SC. 1 owner, 5.9L engine, factory LSD, 100% cherry and ready for me to have my way with. Shooting for 400WHP and 500 ft/lbs at about 3600lbs with a full tank of gas. Already have the custom tuning software, big *** fuel injectors, high flow intake manifold, higher ratio roller rockers, hardened pushrods, and a custom true dual exhaust set up. Giggle gas and boost to follow shortly.

Thanks again!