Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

**Project "Black Pearl" 1 of 120 97 5speed**

Old 11-29-13, 06:42 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

So I started on my wiring harness a few nights back and its a PIA!! I started off by doing the most simple time consuming stuff first as suggested by Gerrb! And he is right it will make it a lot easier when de-pinning time comes. I took the 80-pin Aristo ECU connector and extended each wire connected to the 80 connector by 23" about 8 inches from the connector. Make sure you do this one wire at a time and take your time because its a long tedious process but you will save yourself about $850-$900 by doing it yourself.
Here you see the 80-pin connector on the Aristo Harness(Its pretty much Identical to the sc300 stock one so no need to change any pins out right now)- I would take one wire & cut it/solder in the 23 extension/put heat shrink on each solder and then one layer of tape over the heatshrink. That was for each one!! **Some wire are a little but bigger gauge wire make sure to use the same size gauge wire. I used some wires from an old harness I had laying around for the 23" extensions.
[IMG][/IMG]

Once you do this to all wires on the 80-pin you be down to one wire left to extend and you will then see how much it actually lengthens the harness.
[IMG][/IMG]
Once you get that all done you can go every 5 inches and put a band of electrical tape to tighten up the loom. Then take some big heat shrink you can find at a hobby or electrical store and put over the loom you just extended and shrink it on to help protect. I actually put a layer of electrical tape over that for added protection. This is what it will look like when thats done.
[IMG][/IMG]
Next I will begin to tackle the 40pin from the sc300 harness and intergrate it into the aristo harness to match a supra TT harness pinout._If that sounds clear to ya. Anyway that will be another night.
Old 11-29-13, 06:49 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Took advantage of some of the black friday deals from MVP motorsports last night and have purchased a few things the last week or so see below:
-Brian Crower 264 Cam Set
-South Bend Clutch Stage 3 Drag
-Fidanza Race Flywheel
-AEM Serial Datastream Gauge
-AEM Digital UEGO Air Fuel Gauge Kit
-ARP Flywheel Bolts
-ARP Rod bolts
-Full Motor Gasket/seal kit
-OEM Head gasket
-OEM Water Pump
-OEM Oil Pump

Need a downpipe/midpipe, Supra TT Clutch fan, 2jz/R154 Bellhousing- If anyone has any of these they want to sell let me know. I appreciate it fellas!

Last edited by geauxsimon; 11-29-13 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-30-13, 07:34 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Buddy , good progress !

I would wrap it up once you are all done with the wiring. If you find a problem on continuity in any of those hundreds of solder points , you will have to unwrap and wrap it again. Also try to cut the wires in a kinda staggered spacing when you extend them. IF they are all at same distance / point. That area will all be bulging when you are done and have wrapped it up. You might find it hard to get it into that hole on the firewall. Also there are some wires there that are tapped on some of the body plugs wiring.

Keep it up !
Old 11-30-13, 12:20 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

They are staggered in a 4" span. Good point I knew that from a huge job I did offshore before. Got so bulged the dang heat shrink wouldn't fit over it...

Gonna put the head gasket on tonight!
Old 11-30-13, 10:46 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Man this might sound weak, but I am kinda upset and in awe that Paul Walker died man! I got into the import scene with my first car a 4 door white 5 speed honda civic about 8 months before the first Fast & the Furious came out. When they Paul Walker and Vin Diesel pulled out that garage in that Supra after restoring it, right then I knew I wanted a motor or car like that. That movie is one reason why I am still so ate up with supra's and 2jz's to this day! Kinda sad to him go. Those movies help the import scene to be what they are today. I pray for his family
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-01-13, 09:38 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

RIP Paul Walker
Old 12-01-13, 10:35 AM
tritron
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was the worst news ever. I wonder what was his car made of ? The tree does not look that big and this reminds me of guy who said he lost control of his sc300 and hit a tree and nothing had happened to him.
Old 12-01-13, 06:54 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Yea you think a small tree wouldn't do much damage. I guess that's the difference in hitting a tree with a Porshe and a f250. Not that much to protect you in a small car like that. Good to know we have strong well built sc's!
Old 12-02-13, 07:20 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tritron
This was the worst news ever. I wonder what was his car made of ? The tree does not look that big and this reminds me of guy who said he lost control of his sc300 and hit a tree and nothing had happened to him.
Made of carbon fiber, i have one of those haha. no. Should i be mad at the driver for taking his life with Walker? Thinking of the gas tank is up front that is why it bursted into flames.

Anyway, you have some go fast goodies, i see.
Old 12-02-13, 10:45 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by JesLet
Made of carbon fiber, i have one of those haha. no. Should i be mad at the driver for taking his life with Walker? Thinking of the gas tank is up front that is why it bursted into flames.

Anyway, you have some go fast goodies, i see.
Yea, trying to get all the parts together so I can start the install around the first of the year.(Thats my goal anyway). Just got the Fidanza flywheel, rod bolts, and Flywheel bolts in today. It seems like as time keeps passing by my short list of things to buy keeps getting longer.Im never satisfied I guess. I want that downpipe and intercooling piping you had fab'd up. It looks great!
Old 12-10-13, 08:06 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

So, my wife called me today and said "if I get one more package dropped off while your on your trip Im throwing them in the garbage! You have 7 so far since youve been gone. Im getting me a new purse now!" LOL Well one more came in today but it was too big for her to throw away so she just put it in the garage thank god. Check it out [IMG][/IMG]

Guy from the shop says it suppose to be a really nice intercooler setup! Looks nice anyway
Old 12-10-13, 09:23 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What's the size of the intercooler?

Goob job on wiring, i just don't have patience
Old 12-11-13, 03:14 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by geauxsimon
So, my wife called me today and said "if I get one more package dropped off while your on your trip Im throwing them in the garbage! You have 7 so far since youve been gone. Im getting me a new purse now!" LOL Well one more came in today but it was too big for her to throw away so she just put it in the garage thank god. Check it out

Guy from the shop says it suppose to be a really nice intercooler setup! Looks nice anyway
Hahaha ..don't we just love our wives huh ? Next time , put the packages in her name so she is delighted to see them . That is what I do , I swear !!! Then there was a time she stopped opening them cause she knew they were not for her .
Old 12-15-13, 07:47 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by gerrb
Hahaha ..don't we just love our wives huh ? Next time , put the packages in her name so she is delighted to see them . That is what I do , I swear !!! Then there was a time she stopped opening them cause she knew they were not for her .
Man you have some serious ***** to do that! Lol
Old 12-15-13, 07:52 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by JesLet
What's the size of the intercooler?

Goob job on wiring, i just don't have patience
867*281*80mm (Core: 600*281*80mm)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: **Project "Black Pearl" 1 of 120 97 5speed**