Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

**Project "Black Pearl" 1 of 120 97 5speed**

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-13, 03:08 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by JesLet
All of you guys have name for your cars! Should I go with the "Blacker pearl"? What do you say gerrb?
lmaol, I see a blue SC on your signature ..

Originally Posted by geauxsimon
Guys should I have went higher than 750cc on the injectors?
It would have been nice if you went 1000cc so if you decide to go E85 you are covered. But since you already have them and you said you will only use pump gas , they should work with your power goal.

They better not SCRATCH MY CAR!!! I actually just purchased a OEM headgasket today. Im glad to hear TopSpeed is recommended- What about Speed for Sale?
For AEM , I would suggest TopSpeed. Speed for Sale are good too, my buddy Tyler had his supra done his 6 speed conversion and tuning there. Btw , they are on the same vicinity on Highway 9.

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
Just an FYI, you're 97 5spd black on black is a 1 of 50, not 1 of 120 ..make sure you take REAL good care of her, which from the sounds of it - you are
where could I find the table that states the production years , manual or auto PLUS INTERIOR TRIM ? Would you mind sharing it ? The only thing I have seen is production year and whether manual or auto transmission.
Old 11-09-13, 08:15 AM
1of120
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

I certainly like it
Old 11-12-13, 07:17 PM
GClark
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats my dream SC, looks so clean!
Old 11-12-13, 08:03 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
where could I find the table that states the production years , manual or auto PLUS INTERIOR TRIM ? Would you mind sharing it ? The only thing I have seen is production year and whether manual or auto transmission.
I actually dont know where those stats are. I know its a 1 of 50 from being on the froum for so long I've heard that mentioned a bunch. Plus I almost got my hands on one a few years back, before someone else grabbed it
I'll do some searching though, I'll try to find you an official documentation that stataes that.
Old 11-13-13, 07:42 AM
94SupraTT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very clean car!
Old 11-22-13, 09:02 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I appreciate all the compliments! I'm finally back home and just had surgery today which went well, but my arm/ shoulder area is very sore. So I won't be doing too much on the car again this week.
I did however order OEM head gasket/Aisin water pump/ Aisin oil pump today. Once those come in and I put them on I can save a little while for my southbend clutch and bellhousing and get ready to drop the engine in. Little by little it's going
Old 11-22-13, 09:11 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

A lot of people knock on ebay stuff and I do too as far as very critical parts like wastegates, no name turbos, basically most mechanical items. As far as intercoolers the design and purpose is simple the main thing to consider is a product with good quality welds and connectors. So, why spend 500 on a intercooler when you can buy one for 175 same size, same size and # of rows/coils, with great welds and strong connectors? I've had a greddy intercooler on my GSR and a Speed Daddy on my super charged Camaro and they both work equally as well and held up the same. What's y'all's thoughts?
Old 11-22-13, 09:12 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by 94SupraTT
Very clean car!
Thanks buddy I'm stoked about it!
Old 11-23-13, 08:53 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Get well soon Aaron !

Not all ebay stuff are bad . In fact a lot of well known shops like Titan Motorsports , PowerHouse Racing and other manufacturers sells on ebay just because it has a big audience in terms of customers to be. You are right , I believe , in terms of critical / moving parts , you will need to get top notch parts or you get what you pay for. Don't let people who put ebay stuff down sway you away from buying anything from that market place. Hey .. it's your car and money , do as you wish. A lot of those who talked bad about ebay stuff never even tried them.. mostly they are the I heard , he said crowd. And not all bad experiences is because of the product itself. At times it is the way it was used or installed.

Last edited by gerrb; 11-23-13 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-23-13, 08:03 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Talked to a guy with a gs300 and fujitsubo exhaust in Alpharetta. Sweet black gs300 but the exhaust has me sold! Not loud and not too quiet and really deep and mellow.. I will deff be getting a fujitsubo exhaust system for the Black Pearl!!
Old 11-24-13, 06:48 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Intercoolers are not quite as simple as you would think. Fin design and density, along with tank design play a huge role in how efficiently the intercooler sheds heat. 99% of eBay intercoolers have very poor fin design. They work fine if you are not looking to do many back to back pulls, as once they heat soak it takes them some time to cool off so they can start working again.

Several people have done tests on eBay intercooler iats, and the general trend is that they work okay for one or two pulls, after which they heat soak and become useless. If you are street driving, this can be fine, but just something to keep in mind. I like treadstone and precision intercoolers myself. The core design is pretty good and they don't break the bank. They are a good compromise between a $1200 greddy and a $150 eBay special.
Old 11-27-13, 10:55 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Had the chance to drop by Aaron's place today and saw the car clean for the first time. Damn , man .. this car is immaculate both in and out. The paint is like it had just come out of the dealership. Interior is damn clean ! There is no way someone will not fall in love with the car.

Crap , if I have seen this car before I have picked it up ... Aaron will never even have it . There was no way I would have let go of it even if I am not a fan of the 97+ looks . But I know it is still in good hands . He has already bought a boatload of parts going into this car to make around 500-600rwhp.
Old 11-28-13, 07:30 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Super clean bro! I'm jealous! lol

steve
Old 11-28-13, 07:54 AM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talked to a guy with a gs300 and fujitsubo exhaust in Alpharetta. Sweet black gs300 but the exhaust has me sold! Not loud and not too quiet and really deep and mellow.. I will deff be getting a fujitsubo exhaust system for the Black Pearl!!
Hey it's Joe. I knew from your post you were the guy I met at the Race Track. Would like to go GTE, but no go with emission for my county.

Clean Blk/Blk SC.
Old 11-29-13, 06:20 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by SprtDesign
Hey it's Joe. I knew from your post you were the guy I met at the Race Track. Would like to go GTE, but no go with emission for my county.

Clean Blk/Blk SC.
Oh sweet Man!!! I was wondering if I would be able to find you on here. I was hoping you were going to get on it and let me here that exhaust sing a little bit! LOL I can tell by how good that car looks you take good care of it though. That exhaust sounds just right...now if I were 18 again I may want it a little louder to make sure people knew I was nearby! LOL good to catch ya again!

Quick Reply: **Project "Black Pearl" 1 of 120 97 5speed**