Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 1GS owner vehicles

1jz, big single, and CD009 six speed GS300

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-17, 10:22 AM
ProjektS13
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jz, big single, and CD009 six speed GS300

So after 7 years of owning my gs300 Im finally gonna get serious about building it. Recently purchased the collins gs300 a340 cd009 swap kit for the first gen, I searched online and couldnt find anyone running it so I figured I would be the guinea pig.

This is the link to the kit if anyone is interested http://collinsadapters.com/index.php...ation-kit.html

One thing to note is that Collins customer service leaves alot to be desired before I purchased the kit I had a few questions about what was included since the website didnt disclose that info it was just a copy and paste job from the sc300 kit and it didnt really make sense (it has since been updated a few times and more understandable). Out of 4 questions I would email him he would vaguely answer one in a single sentence which was so frustrating since I was willing to drop the 2k for the kit the moment he answered my questions but with each email I was doubting sending him my money.

Anyways enough with my review of their customer service and lets get into what came in the kit.

Here is a picture of the 1jz thats going in and the CD009

As for the shifter I went with the serial nine CD999 (currently on back order, have been waiting over a month so far)

The only picture I have of my gs at the moment

Last edited by ProjektS13; 04-11-17 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-12-17, 08:17 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This looks like it will be a fun build!! Love the Aristo front bumper!!!
Old 04-13-17, 05:05 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Nice! I look forward to see how your project comes along.

Oh and by the way, are those BMW Style 95 wheels?3
Old 04-13-17, 05:26 PM
BlueJ
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thing should absolutely fly after it's buttoned up,
What your plans in terms of an ECU?
Old 04-14-17, 03:27 AM
ProjektS13
Driver

Originally Posted by TRACKMKIII
This looks like it will be a fun build!! Love the Aristo front bumper!!!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Seize
Nice! I look forward to see how your project comes along.

Oh and by the way, are those BMW Style 95 wheels?3
Yea they are style 95s, running custom 19mm adapters to mount them on the car.

Originally Posted by BlueJ
This thing should absolutely fly after it's buttoned up,
What your plans in terms of an ECU?
​​​​​​I'm gonna run Aristo harness and 2jzgte ECU on the 1jz, supposedly the engine was making 400hp before it was pulled so it should be a little faster than stock lol
Old 04-17-17, 08:54 AM
Mandrake
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you have any pictures of the shifter relocation adapter? I see them mention it but don't see it as an option when you order it and I don't see any pictures. I am using the Maverick motorsports adapter plate so I guess I'm adding length to the completed assembly. While this swaps out the bellhousing, It looks like the bell housing adapter ultimately makes the assembly longer anyway. I guess I'm just wondering if I can use that same crossmember or if I should just modify the existing one. I'm also curious where the stock CD009 shifter is going to sit in the car as is.
Old 04-19-17, 10:31 AM
ProjektS13
Driver

Originally Posted by Mandrake
Do you have any pictures of the shifter relocation adapter? I see them mention it but don't see it as an option when you order it and I don't see any pictures. I am using the Maverick motorsports adapter plate so I guess I'm adding length to the completed assembly. While this swaps out the bellhousing, It looks like the bell housing adapter ultimately makes the assembly longer anyway. I guess I'm just wondering if I can use that same crossmember or if I should just modify the existing one. I'm also curious where the stock CD009 shifter is going to sit in the car as is.
Exactly what I was asking him about, asked for pictures of the shifter twice and also let him know that even though the ad mentions the shifter that there isnt an option in the drop down menus but he avoided those questions. Thats why I just said **** it and went with the serial nine one that has the adjustable length. This kit uses a is300 flywheel,180sx/silvia sr20det clutch,and a w58 pressure plate where-as the maverick adapter uses the thick custom flywheel to use 350z clutches. The collins trans crossmember is slotted which would allow it to be adjustable I would assume since collins sells both style cd009 adapters but seems like only one crossmember mount. My cd009 didnt come with the stock shifter assembly so I cant check where it would sit in the 147.
Old 04-19-17, 11:43 AM
Mandrake
Pole Position

Thanks for the responses. For that serial 9 CD999 shifter relocation kit, would you still need the stock u-joint piece to get that to mate up to the transmission? The stock one has a little u-joint that lines up on the shifter rod and then you drive in a roll pin to join the two. I'm assuming this one is something like that because I see a sleeve on what looks like the shifter linkage. From what I can see anyway, it looks like you have that pieces as well as the transmission mount brackets. I actually don't have those and it looks like I might having to be buying them.

What speedometer solution were you considering? How about the clutch pedal? I'm using the 350Z clutch pedal. I'm having a local fabricator cut my brake pedal down to MT width. Then I'm putting the stock Toyota pedal pads on the brake and clutch pedals so they match. I think I'm going to hook the neutral and reverse switches up to the stock wiring harness to make the reverse lights/buzzer (JZS147 has a buzzer) work. I just haven't quite figured out what to do with the P-R-N-D-2-1 lights on the dashboard. I guess R and N will still work. I was almost considering changing the D-2-1 to be a 1-2-3 and hooking up a ball pen spring as a switch to show which gear I'm in for 1-3. I guess the P could be swapped out for a shift light.
Old 04-19-17, 12:57 PM
ProjektS13
Driver

Thanks for the responses. For that serial 9 CD999 shifter relocation kit, would you still need the stock u-joint piece to get that to mate up to the transmission? The stock one has a little u-joint that lines up on the shifter rod and then you drive in a roll pin to join the two. I'm assuming this one is something like that because I see a sleeve on what looks like the shifter linkage. From what I can see anyway, it looks like you have that pieces as well as the transmission mount brackets. I actually don't have those and it looks like I might having to be buying them.

What speedometer solution were you considering? How about the clutch pedal? I'm using the 350Z clutch pedal. I'm having a local fabricator cut my brake pedal down to MT width. Then I'm putting the stock Toyota pedal pads on the brake and clutch pedals so they match. I think I'm going to hook the neutral and reverse switches up to the stock wiring harness to make the reverse lights/buzzer (JZS147 has a buzzer) work. I just haven't quite figured out what to do with the P-R-N-D-2-1 lights on the dashboard. I guess R and N will still work. I was almost considering changing the D-2-1 to be a 1-2-3 and hooking up a ball pen spring as a switch to show which gear I'm in for 1-3. I guess the P could be swapped out for a shift light.
No you don't need the u-joint you actually take that off and just attach it to the shaft that comes out of the transmission. For speedometer Im going to use the autometer gps speedometer converter as for pedal (clutch&brake) I'm just using sc300 ones that had from my old r154 swap. Haven't really thought about the reverse lights yet but if I can use the stock Nissan one and just splice into it then that's what I'm going to do. Your solution for the gear selector lights on the dash sounds pretty cool but for me that would add more time to my swap so I'm just gonna leave them alone.
Old 04-19-17, 01:34 PM
Mandrake
Pole Position

Do you have the pigtail for the Nissan reverse switch? The reverse switch and neutral switch actually both use the same connector. SKU WRS-VQREV http://www.wiringspecialties.com/. Cost me $22 shipped for both.
Old 04-26-17, 03:38 AM
ProjektS13
Driver

Do you have the pigtail for the Nissan reverse switch? The reverse switch and neutral switch actually both use the same connector. SKU WRS-VQREV http://www.wiringspecialties.com/. Cost me $22 shipped for both.
Yea I got lucky that my tranny came with the reverse pigtail but Im missing the neutral switch one. How are you going to wire the neutral switch? Just eliminate the current neutral safety switch and run those wires through the one on the transmission?
Old 04-26-17, 07:07 AM
Mandrake
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ProjektS13
Yea I got lucky that my tranny came with the reverse pigtail but Im missing the neutral switch one. How are you going to wire the neutral switch? Just eliminate the current neutral safety switch and run those wires through the one on the transmission?
Yes. For me, its best to have a neutral switch in case I want to wire an auto-start for example or if I want to program the ECU for certain programs like flat-footed shifting.