Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Another sc300 93 2jzgte swap thread

Old 08-10-13, 06:21 PM
Cooldaddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another sc300 93 2jzgte swap thread

Ill start from the beginning. About 2 years ago I bought a 87 supra blow the head and in turned blow the engine. So I took it to a local guy and said rebuild the engine well block was cracked so at that point I said hmm can you do a swap and he was like sure sooooo. I bought a 2jzgte vvti and shipped it over to him well a few months went buy and stopped by to check my car only to find out this blank blank blank blank had ripped the interior out of ole girl cut the tranny tunnel about a foot gash down to make the tranny fit and well I had a pos body with a bad a engine. After about another year of life's ups n downs Thinking what the hell am I going to do I started looking for a sc300 body. In the mix I found a silver 1.5jzgte that was swapped. Bought it drove it and decided to find another sc300 for my 2j. So here I am. Found a shop that can and will do the work last weekend I went from hickory nc to charleston sc and picked up a blown awesome sc300 for $650. And dropped $4000 to the guy to get the swap started I will be dealing with drift motion for the a lot of stuff and the pedal switch. So as of right now I have a 2j vvti and a r154 with a stage 4 clutch kit. The turbo swap will be a think a 67 single still kinda up in the air about the turbo but I believe I will either go 62 or 67. I want a drivable car that is fun. The drive shaft and the rear end I haven't decided yet I may go sc400 n upgrade later ill post some pics when I get to my lap top dont think this forum supports iPads. I am also havering a time I believe I will go with a aem CPU so if anyone is interested in my CPU give me a Hollar. As well my sc300 tranny and engine I believe the engine has a blown head.
Old 08-28-13, 03:34 AM
Cooldaddy
Driver School Candidate

Give you guys a update my cheap cxracing turbo kit is in. My mechanic was giving me a hard time but anyhow. I told him I'm just trying to get the car going then later I can upgrade the turbo. He didn't say anything about the manifold. I will be going Friday to look at it before we go to mrytle beach.
Old 08-28-13, 06:23 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for keeping us updated. Any pictures of the Sc or the MKIII? Pictures or this thread will be deleted. J/K. Lol
Old 09-09-13, 06:18 PM
Cooldaddy
Driver School Candidate

Interesting fact can't figure out how to upload pics from my ipad. I do have some. Maybe would be better to post on my Facebook. Update cx racing is kinda unorganized. Sent wrong waste gate and didnt send all the right parts. They had to mail 2 more additional boxes. Stuff seems to be ok but they aren't really on top of it. Order a tweaked wiring harness those guys really seem to know their stuff. For those that don't know I have a sc400 with a 1.5 jzgte swap on the road and the guy that did that is doing my sc300 2jz swap. I've read a lot about trannies w58 vs r154. Never had a r1 but I will tell you this w58 is a piece of ****. Holds 400hp bs. I don't have a great tuning in my sc400 a apex just dumps gas in it. Aem people is the only way to go. Anyhow drop her in second and engine hit great thinking dag I must be burning my tires off look in the mirrors to realize the new stage 3 was not hooking up. Wow pos w58. At the tuner realized my turbo had a wobble got the car home sent turbo out to be rebuilt and only running maybe 9 psi kinda a stock set up on a precision 6262 I believe don't have my paperwork in front of me. Tuner said I was getting about 360 to the wheels on a bad turbo. So point is this new turbo maybe pushing 375 to the wheels and w58 is not holding so to everyone that swears w58 will do it bs. Do it right or don't do it at all r154 is well worth every dime. This 2jzgte swap will have a r154. Also taking the silver sc400 in to have a r154 but in point is why build the motor just to wish you had a better tranny.
Old 09-11-13, 02:33 PM
Back2aday
Driver School Candidate

lookin good man
Old 09-11-13, 02:36 PM
Cooldaddy
Driver School Candidate

Default Update

Sc300 is a slow go. Sc400 after my complaints of the w58 my 400 is going to get e r1 dropped n and should be done in 2 weeks. I'm am so sorry for the w58 guys that think it is good enough but after 3 times wanting to get down. W58 has failed me for the last time! I will keep you guys posted. If I get the pics loaded on my pc and get on tonight ill drop some pics.
Old 09-16-13, 05:49 PM
Cooldaddy
Driver School Candidate

Default Auto or r154

After much thought I have began to wonder why 2 sc manual why not do the white swagger auto. So that being said will the astro tranny that came witht the 2jzgte work or do I need something else? Any ideas. I've been reading just not sure about it yet. Def thinking of auto.
Old 09-16-13, 06:12 PM
Cooldaddy
Driver School Candidate

some pics he shell and side of engine
Attached Thumbnails Another sc300 93 2jzgte swap thread-img_1829.jpg   Another sc300 93 2jzgte swap thread-img_1834.jpg  
Old 09-16-13, 06:16 PM
Cooldaddy
Driver School Candidate

another pic
Attached Thumbnails Another sc300 93 2jzgte swap thread-img_1835.jpg  
Old 09-16-13, 06:22 PM
Cooldaddy
Driver School Candidate

Talking Sorry about pics

Ok son took pics so sorry they look like *** I am going to get to the shop hopefully Wednesday so I will get pics and better ones
Old 09-17-13, 06:08 AM
gambino19
Rookie

Default w58

what kinda clutch set up are you running
glwb
Old 09-17-13, 09:02 PM
Cooldaddy
Driver School Candidate

Default Clutch

Can't answer at this point. But I can tell you guys not auto sticking with the r 154 auto just won't hold up. When I read guys saying it won't hold and guys saying the w58 is only good for a daily driver well I believe them. To everyone no w58. Not saying they suck just saying clutches and trannies will be switched a lot if your car makes any kind of power
Old 09-17-13, 09:13 PM
ravi843
Driver School Candidate

Cooldaddy-

Im am in Charleston, im curious where u picked up that cheap shell. I am also interested if you decide to part out one of the sc's

---just an fyi- your post are kinda hard to read. make paragraphs.
Old 09-18-13, 06:23 PM
Cooldaddy
Driver School Candidate

Default I apologize

Allow me to apologize I guess I ramble and jump all over topic I will use better writing skills also what might you be looking for. I'm buying a 93 sc 5 speed or thinking about it. I want the shell for the engine in my silver car,it has a little to much rice for me. The 5 speed is black and I'm thinking hard about it but it would be another swap. Do t know if I can handle that.
Old 09-19-13, 03:32 PM
ravi843
Driver School Candidate

im looking for black interior, i know so isnt everyone else

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another sc300 93 2jzgte swap thread