Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

62/62 Basic NA-T Build W/Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-13, 12:34 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 62/62 Basic NA-T Build W/Pics

Alright so I have another thread that was sort of following my build but didnt have any pictures. I tried to add pictures on there just now but it wouldnt let me so here you go! I apologize about creating a second thread but as I said, the other wouldn't let me add any. The page would not finish loading when I tried.

62/62 .70 AR turbo from Driftmotion
Tial 50mm BOV
HKS knockoff wastegate
AEM UEGO wideband
Driftmotion manifold
Driftmotion 3 inch intercooler
2.5 inch piping
Stock fuel pump
Stock injectors
Stock Head gasket
4-runner dist cap
AEM FI/C
Stock Automatic Transmission
Aiming for ~300whp for now

My car has been sitting for a month and a half during this project. I have fulltime work at a tire shop, and fulltime school at NAU. SO, this is taking me forever to complete.

Got all the major stuff on except the wastegate and the downpipe.

Some pics of the intercooler and piping

I don't know what to do with these. Do I plug them back into the intake before the compressor? These are the 2 hoses that were attached to the stock intake. The bigger one is he PCV I think?

Starting to wire up the wideband and boost gauges today. Does anyone know which wires to tap into for the 12v switched power on the cig lighter? I cant find a wiring diagram for this.

AAAAAAAAAAND that is where I am at. Stay tuned for more pictures, and if you want a picture of something in particular, just ask and Ill snap it.

Thanks for all the help I recieved in the other thread. I think I might as well just continue on here because the pictures make it more interesting.

Last edited by BuffNStuff; 10-01-13 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-01-13, 12:44 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

So, just a recap of questions I have;

-What do I do with the 2 hoses in the pics above?
-What wires do I tap for 12v switched power at Cig lighter?
-Should I run O2 simulators? I saw a video of another OBDII sc300 running the FI/C and he had O2 simulators.
-How am I looking?

Last edited by BuffNStuff; 10-01-13 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-01-13, 12:49 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BuffNStuff
So, just a recap of questions I have;

-What do I do with the 2 hoses in the pics above?
-What wires do I tap for 12v switched power at Cig lighter?
-Should I run O2 simulators? I saw a video of another OBDII sc300 running the FI/C and he had O2 simulators.
-How am I looking?

Hoses- route to intake before compressor, or get a catch can.
12v switched- On the blue plug for the cig ligher, its the blue/red wire (or red/blue, always confuse them)
02 Sims- The XS Power downpipe has 3 o2 bungs, should be enough for all the sensors including the wideband. If your concerned about emissions/cel, you can get a sim or space the stock sensor.
Appearance/Looks/Progress- Looks like your on the right track.
Old 10-01-13, 12:54 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

I looked at the cig wires last night so maybe it just looked black, but there are 4 wires: a solid red, a red w/black? stripe, white, and green.

So, the red and black wire then? And then just crimp on a ring to the ground wire and find a ground somewhere? Any suggestions for the ground?
Old 10-01-13, 01:29 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

Also what do you mean by "Space the stock sensor"?
Old 10-01-13, 02:44 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

I looked at the cig wires last night so maybe it just looked black, but there are 4 wires: a solid red, a red w/black? stripe, white, and green.

So, the red and black wire then? And then just crimp on a ring to the ground wire and find a ground somewhere? Any suggestions for the ground?
Also what do you mean by "Space the stock sensor"?
Your looking at the wrong plug. Its a blue/red wire. The plug is blue, 4 wire directly behind the cig lighter/ashtray: http://www.projectraine.com/sc_forum...t/metra-15.jpg

As for the ground, you can use the chassis for the radio/ac mount or anywhere on the body.

As for spacing the sensor, its just that. Add a washer, or have an additional o2 sensor bung welded on to an existing one.
Old 10-01-13, 03:27 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Your looking at the wrong plug. Its a blue/red wire. The plug is blue, 4 wire directly behind the cig lighter/ashtray: http://www.projectraine.com/sc_forum...t/metra-15.jpg

As for spacing the sensor, its just that. Add a washer, or have an additional o2 sensor bung welded on to an existing one.
Oh I just tapped into the other side of the blue plug. The wire going that connects to that blue one is the solid red wire I was talking about. I tapped into the ground and the red wire and the gauge lights up like it should and shows 14.7 constant.

So "spacing" the o2 sensor just basically takes the sensor out of the exhaust flow so it reads 14.7 but it still gets hot? Is that the reasoning behind it?
Old 10-01-13, 04:00 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Oh I just tapped into the other side of the blue plug. The wire going that connects to that blue one is the solid red wire I was talking about. I tapped into the ground and the red wire and the gauge lights up like it should and shows 14.7 constant.

So "spacing" the o2 sensor just basically takes the sensor out of the exhaust flow so it reads 14.7 but it still gets hot? Is that the reasoning behind it?

Oh ok, I forgot they change colors on opposite sides. Sounds like your set there.

And your almost spot on with the sensor spacing. The sensor will still read some of the exhaust flow, but just enough to keep the cel off.
Old 10-01-13, 04:15 PM
SCstone
Pole Position

very interested into this build, somewhat the same route I want to take if I go NA-T. I want to see how this turns out. keep it up
Old 10-02-13, 07:12 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

You should acheive that HP goal w/o any problems. GL on your build...
Old 10-04-13, 08:03 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Right on, I am in the middle of my T70 NA-T build as well, I will be following this as I move along. Looks good buddy!
Old 10-07-13, 04:14 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

Got the gauges in. This isn't exactly the cleanest look, but I wanted to have the gauges in a place where I can keep an eye on them the easiest while driving safely. It doesnt look too bad, but I went for functionality over cleanliness. Both gauges are wired into the cig lighter, and all the wiring is going through the dash and up through the steering column. The vacuum line and the wideband go down through the steering column and dash down to the boot in the lower left side of the firewall and out into the engine bay.

Can someone check to see if the line that I tee'd off of is a good source for the boost line? I have it circled in red in one of the pics.

Old 10-07-13, 07:33 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

Just some more pics of the car and intercooler pipe routing. I think I took a different route than most people. This way just seemed easiest.

Old 10-08-13, 11:34 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

Started installing the AEM FI/C 6 today with the Boomslang harness. It really is like a 2 minute job to get it all connected. SUPER easy. What did everyone do to get all the wiring from their units back under the kick panel? There is so much wiring that I cant get it to slip back into place without crushing something.

Old 10-08-13, 11:38 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kris9884
Right on, I am in the middle of my T70 NA-T build as well, I will be following this as I move along. Looks good buddy!
Sweet man! looking forward to a video or dyno numbers from it! Let me know how yours turns out.

Quick Reply: 62/62 Basic NA-T Build W/Pics