Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol, revscene?
Old 02-04-14, 11:22 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Oh and nice shots.

I had some old guy freak out at me and call the cops when I took some pics of one of my cars down there by Canada place. He accused me of being a terrorist and that I was taking picture of the docks for some nefarious purposes... Cops had a good laugh when I showed them my camera...
Old 03-17-14, 01:41 PM
wheelies
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in;ove with your wheels....
Old 04-21-14, 02:29 PM
SERIALNINE
Driver School Candidate

OK so update time......

Sorry for the lack of updates weve been super busy creating a new body kit and fenders for the MX83 Cressida. Here is a little video of the results.

On to the Celsior ......I've been dailying the car for last 2 months and absolutely love it. The rear Work M1R were quite wide and didnt fit into the fenders with the stock arms and that is why it was so high. As seen here

I installed our SERIALNINE rear arm set including RLCA, Toe and Traction arm. The RLCA adjusts from 12mm shorter then stock to 20mm longer, on my car this is able to give me -10° camber with the stock RUCA. The SERIALNINE toe arm adjusts from stock length to + 51mm this allows you to have correctly set toe from your stock camber to all the way the -10. With all but the RUCA bushings replaced with high quality Teflon lined rod ends the rear suspension of the car is almost complete but you can really feel the slop in the subframe bushings. Next up on the rear is to replace the subframe and diff bushings with solid Delrin ones.

On the front I installed our SERIALNINE FUCA these have been designed to give you more negative camber then the stock arms and bottom out on the strut tower later. At their maximum length they are 20mm shorter than the stock arm and at minimum length 46mm shorter then stock. On my car this gave me additional -2 to -5 degrees over stock camber. They also utilize a replaceable factory style ball joint that is 10mm shorter then stock. This means not only does it have an additional 10mm of clearance but you can simply replace worn ball joints not the whole arm.

So finally with my arms in I was able to camber the wheels and lower the car to what I deem to be an expectable right height. With the new front arm I was able to drive around and not have the FUCA bottoming out on the strut tower anymore. The only problem was with these wheels the fronts were too narrow to run fully cambered so I chose to pull some camber out in order to get the wheel to sit closer to the fender . I was quite happy now, the car was finally starting to look like how I wanted it to. Everyone used to be “ wow your car looks so good : etc... but in my mind it looked like ****. But now I was all stoked to be driving it around.

Spring meet here in Vancouver

My Friends Colin and Mikey with Lukah the frenchy. Also some random guys taking photos.

Got Colin to take some slow rolling shots

Here you can see how the front wheel is too narrow even with the negative camber dialed out

Out for lunch

With in a week of getting the arms on one of our customers expressed interest in the Work M1Rs, He came by the shop in his JZX90 to test fit the wheels and decided he wanted them. The next week he came by to pick them up. I was left with no wheels, this was really weird for me because only a year ago I had 12 Work M1Rs. Eight I sold to Alex Lee so he could run them on his Formula D GS300, now these four. Then right after I also sold my SSR Vienna Courage leaving me with no 5 lugs wheels.

Old 04-21-14, 06:56 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

so you swapped the car to 4lug and used leftover 240sx wheels?
Old 04-21-14, 10:43 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
so you swapped the car to 4lug and used leftover 240sx wheels?
Rolling on some hellaflush wheel dollies now

That stance you've got going on now (well, technically had) is on point! Looking forward to the final product of all these arms and bushings
Old 04-22-14, 11:09 AM
SERIALNINE
Driver School Candidate

One of my good friends Mikey let me use his wheels while is car is sitting idle. So on went his Racing Sparco NS06 Cheetah 18x10.5 +18 These wheels are a square set up so they are slightly smaller in the rear then my Works and slightly larger in the front.

Cherry Blossoms at UBC

Cherry Blossoms at UBC

Spanish Banks

Being slightly smaller I was able to lower the rear again without having to worry about the rim lip contacting the fender edge. In the front I dialed in the maximum camber I could this sunk the already smaller wheels even more. This allowed me to put a spacer on the front though. The stock lugs are really short so I swapped them for some ARP long studs and put a slip on 15mm spacer on. This brings us to how the car sits now.

I fully love how little work it has taken to get my car to sit this way !!!! Couple of arms, coilovers and a fender roll/shave is all. I was imagining having to do all sorts of inner fender mods or at least moving the harness but I haven’t hit it once ....yet.

Art Of Stance Photo Shoot

But now is the time to take it off the road and start on the next level of modifications
Old 04-22-14, 12:10 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Looks great Kevin!

Too bad you are taking it off the road, I was hoping to get a chance to get some shots with you when I'm over on the 2-5th for that cruise. Hoping you were going to come out for the cruise too, got a few other Lexus guys coming!
Old 04-23-14, 01:11 AM
Tuha
Driver

Looks fantastic. Always been a fan of what you Serialnine fellas get up to. I enjoyed the video (a long time ago) of your and X8 build. Your X7 is my favourite Cress and has inspired the idea for my next project.
Old 04-23-14, 11:52 PM
Odzsee
Rookie

Hi Serialnine,

I love your Celsior look

I would like to request more information on the front adjustable upper control arm. Photo and where to buy?

Thx
Old 05-03-14, 08:13 PM
ocr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just my opinion but I don't like that much camber. But that's me though.
Old 05-05-14, 10:21 AM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

when you get a chance, please take pics of all the new adjustable arms. i'm very curious on the FUCA! do you guys plan to mass producing them? love the stance!
Old 06-01-14, 07:43 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

long time since cl has been worth visiting. great job. i'm really interested in the ucf20 parts y'all have coming. let us know when they're ready.
Old 10-09-14, 10:52 AM
SERIALNINE
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the love guys.!!!!

Long time since I've posted up anything ,anywhere about my car. Lots has changed in that time though.

When I took the car off the road my plans were new STANCE high rate coils, New taller RCAs, Shortened and Cambered knuckles, Diff bushings, Subframe Bushings and Rear Upper Control Arms. Pretty much all of those parts are necessary just to put my new Work Wheels XSA 04C.

One of my good friends is a painter by trade and does amazing work. He has always wanted to paint one of my cars but things just never worked out. I talked to him about spraying down my car and he said it would be around 1200$ in materials plus all the labour.

I had wrapped one car previously. It was our buddies JZX83 Cressida which we used Oracal 970ra 908 Aluminum Silver Metallic Gloss and it wasn’t SSOOO hard to do.

I decided I would just buy the materials seemed like it would be far cheaper and I could do it by myself without the need for special equipment.

So I started by taking off all of the lights and trim in prep for wrapping for my car I chose Avery SW900-929-M Brown Metallic.

Old 10-09-14, 11:29 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you ever consider releasing a set of BREED fenders for the 98-00, please let me know <3

Quick Reply: Jdm lowrider