Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread

Old 08-06-13, 06:08 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts
Talking corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread

Well folks, my sales rep confirmed the arrival of my Ultrasonic Blue IS F-Sport aka "The Lightning" on Canadian soil after a two week's long journey across the Pacific. Got the VIN number, it's official. Week of August 26th it's in my hands.

Here's to the beginning of my mods thread, with details to be unveiled as we get closer!

UPDATED September 10, 2013: I present to you, "The Lightning"
Attached Thumbnails corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-thelightning1.jpg  

Last edited by corradoMR2; 09-10-13 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-06-13, 06:51 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Well folks, my sales rep confirmed the arrival of my Ultrasonic Blue IS F-Sport aka "The Lightning" on Canadian soil after a two week's long journey across the Pacific. Got the VIN number, it's official. Week of August 26th it's in my hands.

Here's to the beginning of my mods thread, with details to be unveiled as we get closer!
Congrats! You should be so excited!
Old 08-06-13, 09:08 PM
yycdave
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd love to see lots of pics once you get it!

I'm torn between Nebula Grey and USB for the F-Sport 350 AWD I plan to get. Need more pics!
Old 08-07-13, 08:56 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats! Mine doesn't even have a VIN as my salesman checked yesterday that it was not made yet..
Old 08-07-13, 12:32 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by wednesday
Congrats! You should be so excited!
Thanks wednesday. I know how tough this is for you with USB missing in the US... hang in there as there's hope with the RC and IS still next year or so...

Originally Posted by yycdave
I'd love to see lots of pics once you get it!

I'm torn between Nebula Grey and USB for the F-Sport 350 AWD I plan to get. Need more pics!
N. Grey is really nice with the Rioja red interior as it makes for a nice contrast and gives off a sporty yet luxurious aura to the car. If you want the sportier look, standout color, and exclusivity (only the F-Sport model and in Canada only in N.America) , USB is the way to the go. I have a N.Grey RX F-Sport so was easy for me to not even consider N.Grey as I didn't want two grey cars and blend with the majority of cars.

I will definitely post pics, hence this thread!

Originally Posted by AndyL
Congrats! Mine doesn't even have a VIN as my salesman checked yesterday that it was not made yet..
Thanks AndyL. Hang in there - you should probably be getting a VIN three weeks or so prior to your ETA delivery if it's similar to mine, so this should be in +- early September right?
Old 08-09-13, 05:11 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Like a kid at Christmas, I got my first two mods in the mail today.

Many thanks (or blame LOL) to Richie O, aka "thejaperu/Angry Panda" for his post on the DIY for the Takeda air intake. It's on a leap of faith I ordered this. It's guys like him that make this forum so much fun to learn from and also to contribute back. I chose this intake not only because it's oil-less (which I heard the oil ones like K&N can cause issues if oil is misapplied), but because of his DIY , fit, perfect function, and feedback, despite this part certified for the 2IS.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ke-on-3is.html

Second mod, (4th pic) well I'll let you guys harp on it until I unveil it on (in?) the car.

Max three weeks for The Lightening to strike.
Attached Thumbnails corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-takeda_intake1.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-takeda_intake2.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-takeda_intake3.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-lexusplates.jpg  

Last edited by corradoMR2; 08-09-13 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-09-13, 05:42 PM
JL25
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Looking forward on seeing the pics. Wish we had USB here.
Old 08-14-13, 07:39 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Excited to say the dealer called me and I'll be picking up my car a little earlier than anticipated, on the 22nd next week!

More teaser mod shots!
Attached Thumbnails corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-lexusstickers.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-lexusspacers.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 08-14-13, 10:49 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice! What are those plates for?
Old 08-15-13, 11:06 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Excited to say the dealer called me and I'll be picking up my car a little earlier than anticipated, on the 22nd next week!

More teaser mod shots!
FYI - had those valve stem caps on my 2IS... they 'rusted' onto the TPMS and could not be removed. I tried loosening one and it was on there so tight that the TPMS stem broke in half and the tire went flat. Had to put the spare on and drive to the dealership and feel like an idiot when I told them I couldn't get my valve step caps off. They had to replace the broken TPMS and grind off the other 3 caps.
Old 08-15-13, 11:25 AM
TravyTrav
Pole Position

Cant wait to see the pics
Old 08-15-13, 05:19 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats!!!!!

I wish they had USB available in the States. It would have been my first choice. I had to "settle" for Nebula with red interior.

Enjoy your beautiful BMW beater!
Old 08-15-13, 06:41 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by John510
Nice! What are those plates for?
In due time Just a few more days...

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
FYI - had those valve stem caps on my 2IS... they 'rusted' onto the TPMS and could not be removed. I tried loosening one and it was on there so tight that the TPMS stem broke in half and the tire went flat. Had to put the spare on and drive to the dealership and feel like an idiot when I told them I couldn't get my valve step caps off. They had to replace the broken TPMS and grind off the other 3 caps.
So far, no issues on my RX with the same caps (only 8 months though), but thanks for the heads up, I will put a thin film of rust inhibitor on the stem and cap and i'll keep an eye on both cars.

Originally Posted by TravyTrav
Cant wait to see the pics
Thanks, will post in a week!

Originally Posted by CtSFox
Congrats!!!!!

I wish they had USB available in the States. It would have been my first choice. I had to "settle" for Nebula with red interior.

Enjoy your beautiful BMW beater!
Will do and we now have bragging rights for performance as well and not just reliability

Last edited by corradoMR2; 08-15-13 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-17-13, 06:02 PM
Appleman
Rookie

Can I ask where you got the metal plates with the Lexus engraved in them?
Old 08-17-13, 06:39 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Appleman, when in doubt, Ebay it out!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread