ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Build Threads (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads-252/)
-   -   CatManD3W SC300 Ongoing Build... (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads/700165-catmand3w-sc300-ongoing-build.html)

drifterx27 04-01-14 06:15 PM

Looking clean man. That Toyota coolant had me like WTF when I had to buy a bottle too.

CatManD3W 04-01-14 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by drifterx27 (Post 8462491)
Looking clean man. That Toyota coolant had me like WTF when I had to buy a bottle too.

Thanks....Its not really that bad if you think about it.....You only need 1 gallon of the red and then mix it with distilled water...

The premixed stuff is $20 a gallon and you would need 2 of them :uh:

CatManD3W 04-03-14 08:10 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Turbo side is all finished up.....

Attachment 425429

Very tight fit....I wrapped the oil return hose with DEI cool wrap just as an extra precaution...

Attachment 425430

Attachment 425431

Attachment 425432

Brand new radiator installed....

Attachment 425433

97-SC300 04-03-14 09:41 AM

Man this thing is coming along so well, still no one replied to the SF thread about getting you that fan blade and shroud :( sorry man

gerrb 04-03-14 09:47 AM

with the price they are being sold used..I suggest go to Curt of Elmhurst Toyota and get them new.., price difference wont be a lot .

CatManD3W 04-03-14 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by gerrb (Post 8465266)
with the price they are being sold used..I suggest go to Curt of Elmhurst Toyota and get them new.., price difference wont be a lot .

Originally Posted by 97-SC300 (Post 8465258)
Man this thing is coming along so well, still no one replied to the SF thread about getting you that fan blade and shroud :( sorry man

Yea...I figured I would give it a try but looks like I am going to have to buy them new :(

CatManD3W 04-03-14 05:11 PM

Hey guys I attempted to start the car today...First ran into a bad battery and replaced that with new....I made a video please watch and let me know...Im thinking it isnt getting spark but im not sure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaVg...ature=youtu.be

97-SC300 04-03-14 05:19 PM

I would pull out one spark plug and while still connected to the coil crank it to see if you have spark.. If you do smell inside cylinder with plug out to see if you smell fuel if you smell fuel and see spark than it's something else.

gerrb 04-03-14 07:09 PM

^^^ +1

Catmand3w - sorry missed your call..been busy , had to bring my son in law to the hospital for an emergency and am still waiting here. As 97-sc300 had said, check if you smell fuel or have spark first . If you have both then it's something else.

Video sounds like you either have no fuel being injected or no spark ...

CatManD3W 04-03-14 08:00 PM

Checked plugs.....I am not getting any spark....I turned key to on position and checked Coil #1 and I am not getting any reading on multimeter.....Also I cannot smell fuel when I remove the spark plug...

Not getting any spark or fuel into cylinders.....

Also I wanted to indicate that my intake manifold is powdercoated could there be a grounding issue?

Looking for some advice on where to start troubleshooting...

Ali SC3 04-04-14 11:52 AM

Are you using the gte ecu or a standalone right now? If you have the grounds connected to the intake manifold they should be connected to bare metal parts, they will not generally ground through a powder coat, so it depends where you bolted those couple grounds to.

CatManD3W 04-04-14 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ali SC3 (Post 8467348)
Are you using the gte ecu or a standalone right now? If you have the grounds connected to the intake manifold they should be connected to bare metal parts, they will not generally ground through a powder coat, so it depends where you bolted those couple grounds to.

Thanks....I have double checked the grounds and they are good....I also checked continuity between t all 6 injectors to the 80 pin and they are all good. Checked cam and crank sensors for continuity..they are good...I know my wiring is good....

Sending my ECU off to Gerrb so he can check it in one of his cars....

1JZPWRD 04-06-14 02:26 PM

Any more updates, after you pulled the harness out?

CatManD3W 04-06-14 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD (Post 8470140)
Any more updates, after you pulled the harness out?

Yep...I think I figured out the problem but for safe measure sending it off to have another set of eyes take a look at the harness for me...

CatManD3W 04-08-14 09:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Got the lip mounted and sanded....Just need to add some paint to it...I kinda like the look of the bolt heads on the lip gives it a nascar look lol...

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps9ebeef43.jpg

Attachment 425372

Attachment 425373

I am going to finish the lip with roll on bed liner that I have leftover from my truck....It goes on thick and has a textured finish so the lip doesn't have to be perfectly smooth...