Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1JZ SC from MI

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-13, 01:35 PM
xHypnofish
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1JZ SC from MI

Picked up this car almost two years ago from a member on here. Was a great car that had few issues like the door not working and the seat belts that had been eaten by a dog...

Fixed all that stuff for $30 at the junkyard, then just drove it for a while.

Went to the track and ran a 14.0 at 102. Had a pretty bad 60' at 2.2 and a boost controller that turned out to be just a big boost leak. I was happy with it though as it was my very first time ever at the track.

Since I really didn't like the wheels on the car I decided to get some new ones. after getting screwed on buying some 5zigens I ended up with these.

While that was happening I bought some coilovers and new tires for the wheels.

Stance GR+

And a set of Conti Extreme contacts

Here it is all put together. The offset for the rear wasn't what i expected it to be so it has a little poke... but it's all good I suppose.
Old 03-18-13, 05:48 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks clean,
Old 03-19-13, 03:28 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

All these views and only one reply..

Welcome to the SC community, even though you have waited two years to post. Those tires are very meaty. How does it do at the track now? Better? Any more pictures of the car?
Old 03-19-13, 03:59 PM
xHypnofish
Driver

Then disaster! For some reason the 1J decided to bend my intake cam... not sure how it happened or why but the cam was obviously shot, along with the head.
so I got the head off and ordered another one.

Here's the old head and twins off of the motor. Thanks to some friends this 160lbs of garbage could be removed haha.

Got the new head refreshed at Rat Tech and couldn't of been happier. While it was apart I had it milled and installed new Crower valve springs and some Crower 264 cams. Also had the machinist at the shop do a mild valve job to make sure everything sealed up nicely.
Old 03-19-13, 04:05 PM
xHypnofish
Driver

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
All these views and only one reply..

Welcome to the SC community, even though you have waited two years to post. Those tires are very meaty. How does it do at the track now? Better? Any more pictures of the car?
It did pretty bad actually, I was having some issues with breaking up after 4500rpm. my oem coils are all cracked and broken so im fairly sure that has something to do with it. Im actually looking for some 1zz coils to swap them out with. But the car ran a 13.9 at 109 last time with the issue.
Old 03-19-13, 04:09 PM
AZTurbo
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice looking car!
Old 03-19-13, 04:32 PM
xHypnofish
Driver

Originally Posted by AZTurbo
Nice looking car!
Thanks! i have a bunch more pictures and stuff to update this with. all these photos are from last spring!
Old 03-19-13, 05:23 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

The head looks great man. Upload more photos. CL loves photos... plain and simple.
Old 03-19-13, 09:29 PM
xHypnofish
Driver

Put everything back together and bought one of these to make sure it will run right after the upgraded cams.

Just about finished with everything...

Everything back together!

And it runs! Backed it out of the garage of the first time in quite a while just in time for the local meet/spring BBQ. Didn't even have time to get the hood on after the 30 hour, no sleep scramble to get it running in time.

And one with the hood on!
Old 03-20-13, 12:57 AM
xHypnofish
Driver

After about a year of owning it the brakes started to feel about as good as being kicked in the knee... so i decided it would be a good time to upgrade them.

I opted to go for the LS400 front calipers and left the rear calipers alone. I used EBC yellow pads and EBC slotted rotors. I also figured it would be a good idea to replace the stock brake lines with some braided steel lines from technafit.

I also decided to fix the annoying 'clunk' in the front end, so I redid the front bushings with poly bushings from Daizen

Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of the whole process. So here is the only one I have.

After a few miles to get the coating off the pads the brakes felt amazing! It stops so much better now! So i figured why not take it to the track to test them out.

I think this may be my favorite picture of the car.

Last edited by xHypnofish; 03-20-13 at 01:01 AM.
Old 03-20-13, 07:26 PM
Jos
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome to see this being done. I'm trying to get some of these parts together and do something similar. How do you like the Conti extreme contacts?
Old 03-21-13, 12:33 AM
xHypnofish
Driver

Originally Posted by Jos
Awesome to see this being done. I'm trying to get some of these parts together and do something similar. How do you like the Conti extreme contacts?
thanks! do you have a build thread for yours? As for the tires I couldnt be happier. They are quite grippy for spirited driving, they wear well, and they are great in the rain.
Old 03-21-13, 12:41 AM
93Gotjuice
Pole Position

What tire size are you running in the rear?
Awesome car
Old 03-21-13, 07:15 PM
Jos
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xHypnofish
thanks! do you have a build thread for yours? As for the tires I couldnt be happier. They are quite grippy for spirited driving, they wear well, and they are great in the rain.
I do. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ongoing-3.html

I'm moving so once I'm settled I'm gonna start either getting 1jz parts or NA-T together. I really thing a 1jz might be my best option. Hmmm, sounds like I might have competition when it comes to getting tires. I'm really set on Nitto NT555's right now. Haha.

Where in MI are you?
Old 03-21-13, 08:29 PM
xHypnofish
Driver

Originally Posted by Jos
I do. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ongoing-3.html

I'm moving so once I'm settled I'm gonna start either getting 1jz parts or NA-T together. I really thing a 1jz might be my best option. Hmmm, sounds like I might have competition when it comes to getting tires. I'm really set on Nitto NT555's right now. Haha.

Where in MI are you?
I like the 1j a lot, the only thing that sucks is finding parts for it haha. To be honest the nittos are probably a slightly better track tire, where as mine are probably a little better for daily driving.

Im from flint, about an hour north of detroit if you don't know where it is.

Quick Reply: 1JZ SC from MI