Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Paulo's SC4 build

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-13, 04:13 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If I didn't have so many little problems I probably would just get the frame straightened and do the 97 bumpers,
Old 09-29-13, 04:13 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

I'm looking for another SC ATM :3
Old 09-29-13, 07:31 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SC4Paulo
I'm looking for another SC ATM :3
yea dude, if the car was mint i would say go for it but it really isnt worth it. get a 5spd!
Old 09-30-13, 02:48 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

so insurance is paying me for the car, depending on how much they're going to give me ill either keep the car for parts or sell the car to copart. anyone know the rules for taking parts off cars for insurance? triple a is whos buying my car.
Old 09-30-13, 03:03 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

triple a? (AAA) i didnt know they bought cars, and the "dont ask dont tell" rule applies to this situation as far as taking parts off imo.
Old 09-30-13, 04:59 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SC4o0
triple a? (AAA) i didnt know they bought cars, and the "dont ask dont tell" rule applies to this situation as far as taking parts off imo.
what? i have read that people pulled their parts off of their cars when insurance takes their cars. I just want to know whether i have to replace some parts on the vehicle or i can leave it kind of stripped.
Old 09-30-13, 05:49 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

When my car was totaled i went to the collision place who had my car. I told them i wanted to take parts off and they told me to wait until after the insurance company appraised the car. Once they appraised the car and totaled it out i went the next day and took everything i could use/sell off the car lol. I put the stock wheels, and radio back in haha.
Old 09-30-13, 06:33 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
When my car was totaled i went to the collision place who had my car. I told them i wanted to take parts off and they told me to wait until after the insurance company appraised the car. Once they appraised the car and totaled it out i went the next day and took everything i could use/sell off the car lol. I put the stock wheels, and radio back in haha.
thanks tj, thats what i meant! i did the same with my kia, why would anyone give their mods away for free?
Old 09-30-13, 06:37 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

what? i have read that people pulled their parts off of their cars when insurance takes their cars. I just want to know whether i have to replace some parts on the vehicle or i can leave it kind of stripped.
play it smart, of course you have to replace the "obvious" stuff, dont take the rims and expect them not to notice, but something like "bushings" isnt something that theyre gunna look for during the appraisal. you'd want the most money out of your car in a situation like this
Old 09-30-13, 07:00 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was actually nervous when i did it. I had my aftermarket wheels on the car when it was in the accident. After they appraised the car i took them off and put my stock wheels back on and was hoping they didnt notice. but they picked the car up the next day without any problems and overnight me my check
Old 09-30-13, 07:03 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
I was actually nervous when i did it. I had my aftermarket wheels on the car when it was in the accident. After they appraised the car i took them off and put my stock wheels back on and was hoping they didnt notice. but they picked the car up the next day without any problems and overnight me my check
if i had full coverage id act like the president, im paying them money so why not. but i know what you mean, the nervousness
Old 09-30-13, 07:26 PM
2o7SC3
Driver School Candidate

Even things like wheels, I really doubt insurance appraisers care if the wheels change. In their mind they're appraising a totalled car either way unless you've reported modifications to increase the worth of the car. So grab those parts back and let them do what they do, and look for a 5 speed they're fun
Old 09-30-13, 08:36 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2o7SC3
Even things like wheels, I really doubt insurance appraisers care if the wheels change. In their mind they're appraising a totalled car either way unless you've reported modifications to increase the worth of the car. So grab those parts back and let them do what they do, and look for a 5 speed they're fun
hmm i saw a 5speed for sale the other day but "sc4paulo" said no
Old 09-30-13, 08:40 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

LOLOL Ill pick up the 95 in SD and that 5 speed when i get the money!!!

yeah car hasnt been appraised yet, I have no clue how much they will be paying me yet. So im just putting stock suspension on atm. Ill leave the tails on until they pick it up. for now ill take out little things like my steering rack bushings and transmission mount since those are brand new.
Old 09-30-13, 08:44 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

LOLOL Ill pick up the 95 in SD and that 5 speed when i get the money!!!
what insurance you got? ima call them up real quick !

Quick Reply: Paulo's SC4 build