Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

New project - Supercharged SC400 part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-13, 12:27 AM
95NCsoarer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KC95SC400
I actually did see your car on Craigslist, don't know how old the ad was and if it was b4 or after you bought it but I was thinking about calling him. Decided it was quite a bit more than I wanted to spend though. Probably worth it just for the manual though......

I'm Charlotte myself, University area, we should meet up some time.

If you haven't already invested allot in an M90 setup I would highly rec a Vortech or other centrifugal type charger, probably the simplest way to get boost on a 1uz. Although, I'm not sure you can get the bracket anymore.

KC
Yeah, he's been contemplating selling it for just about the last 2 years... so it was actually been up there a while along with random posting over numerous other forums. & yeah, the manual swap done correctly with all documentation saved me from alot of pre-planned work that I had already set out. And, I was definately wanting to vo with a vortech setup but as you said I can't find that darn bracket even after spending hours upon hours a day searching for it in the last month so just last week i started ordering everything to bolt on the spare m90 i had laying around from my old grand prix gxp. hell i even thought about, doing a mid sized single turbo setup.

anyways, yeah dude we should setup a small meet somewhere when I return because i'm just dying over here waiting to get back into the car scene.
Old 07-20-13, 07:43 PM
KC95SC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 95NCsoarer
Yeah, he's been contemplating selling it for just about the last 2 years... so it was actually been up there a while along with random posting over numerous other forums. & yeah, the manual swap done correctly with all documentation saved me from alot of pre-planned work that I had already set out. And, I was definately wanting to vo with a vortech setup but as you said I can't find that darn bracket even after spending hours upon hours a day searching for it in the last month so just last week i started ordering everything to bolt on the spare m90 i had laying around from my old grand prix gxp. hell i even thought about, doing a mid sized single turbo setup.

anyways, yeah dude we should setup a small meet somewhere when I return because i'm just dying over here waiting to get back into the car scene.
Once you get that supercharger on we'll have to meet up at the dragstrip.

It's been awhile since I have gone but I used to pretty much be a regular..... I hadn't run since I toasted the original motor in the green car. Haven't run the new, built motor at all.

KC
Old 07-20-13, 08:13 PM
KC95SC400
Lexus Test Driver

Pictures of the armrest and center console lid.

The color and texture don't quite match the original interior but its not as bad as it looks in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails New project - Supercharged SC400 part 2-img_0103.jpg   New project - Supercharged SC400 part 2-img_0165.jpg   New project - Supercharged SC400 part 2-img_0166.jpg  
Old 07-28-13, 05:50 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Its not bad at all man. It is a improvement in my eyes.
Old 07-29-13, 04:24 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

+1!! KC, looking great so far...The whole project.

Ryan
Old 07-29-13, 05:22 AM
KC95SC400
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks guys.

I know I'm terrible at updates and write-ups but here's what I've been up to:

Got some 4 inch flexible intake hose, a 3.5in to 4in coupler and a firewall pass through and made myself a better intake system (suction side). The hose runs from the supercharger to the area where the battery would be. I cut out a hole and installed the firewall pass through. My air filter is located where the washer fluid resivoir would be.

I had to modify the throttle cable bracket on the throttle body. When I swapped out the trac throttle body for the non trac throttle body something changed and the cable (already a Camry cable) was too short.

In the process of installing a carputer. Mostly at this point waiting on parts for it. Currently relocating the adaptronic and suprastick to the glove box so that the pc can be installed where the factory ecu would be. This sounds easy but the wiring is all too short so I am having to extend the harness.

That's it for now I think.

KC
Old 08-07-13, 04:05 PM
mickesanda
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Hi Chris, sorry to hear 'bout the old car and congrats to the new one.
I'm happy that you stick to the old recipe which worked very well for you. As you know I copied your setup and i'm almost done, just a few minor adjustments left. I too cut a hole where the battery was and made a pass-through, still have some fabrication left to do. Bought a 135 degree 4" pipe and an adapter from 3.5" to 4". How do you plan on protecting the air filter from rain? I was thinking some sort of shield.
Good luck and I look forward to see more progress.
/Mike
Old 08-11-13, 05:28 PM
KC95SC400
Lexus Test Driver

Just washed her. Shiny......
Attached Thumbnails New project - Supercharged SC400 part 2-100.jpg   New project - Supercharged SC400 part 2-101.jpg  
Old 08-11-13, 05:34 PM
KC95SC400
Lexus Test Driver

So after many driver issues, a hard drive connection issue, monitor interference issues and deciding on a sound setup, finally got my carputer installed.

Relocated my engine ECU and the Suprastick to the glove box. The PC is where the factory ECU's are normally. Under the carpet so not the best ventilation. My fix - I drilled a hole in the AC duct the runs to the passenger side vent and ran a 1 inch, taped up to seal, wire loom to direct cold air conditioned air to the ECU. The processor temp sits at around 70-80 degrees F with the AC on.

Currently have decided on FreeIce as a front end. Using it mostly for music. Can also run the GPS software through it. Using Co-Pilot laptop for GPS needs.
Attached Thumbnails New project - Supercharged SC400 part 2-103.jpg   New project - Supercharged SC400 part 2-104.jpg   New project - Supercharged SC400 part 2-102.jpg   New project - Supercharged SC400 part 2-105.jpg   New project - Supercharged SC400 part 2-106.jpg  

Old 08-13-13, 01:27 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

I have that exact same hood scoop on my sc. Great minds think alike! I'd like to see your new running records.
Old 08-21-13, 12:19 AM
Clean400
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow KC95 is back! How did I miss this thread?

Recently just bought a Vortech V3 Si supercharger and have been reading your old build thread. Low and behold you have a brand new one!

I noticed the throttle body is now on the other side. How difficult was this to do? This seems to be the best way to get the shortest intake setup for the fishbracket setup. At the same time I'm trying to keep the setup as simple as possible to reduce costs, as I'm not doing the mechanical work myself. I think I might do one of your older non-ic piping setups to keep the throttle body in the same position for simplicity sake.

I'm pretty much modelling my setup after yours. Realizing now that I'm going to have to sell the AEM FIC 8 and get a full blown standalone and get rid of my MAF.

You say your keeping the stock fuel pump? I purchased a Denso Fuel Pump 280lph. I wonder if I even need this if I only planning on boosting for 6psi.

Also how much psi do you think I can get away with in a non-intercooled setup. I'm shooting for 6psi to get things up and running.

Also do I need a bypass valve?

Now the question is to go water/meth like you or combine my nitrous setup with the Vortech.

I'm thinking of going Megasquirt MS3X for the ECU.

"It took a long time to get the spacing / belt alignment correct. I can try to get a rough measurement of the spacing if needed." Do you think you could provide this?

I wanted to order the spacers from this site
aluminumspacers.com

Do you know what size I need to order? I want to order everything from Lextreme but he's not selling parts on his site anymore.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Last edited by Clean400; 08-21-13 at 12:35 AM.