Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Tabaka Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-14, 11:36 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

i'm 6' 4" and getting into an S2K is like trying to stuff myself into a small trunk. i love the SC way more than an S2K, in the looks and all other departments. fanboy over here :P
Old 06-25-14, 01:19 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you do sell youll be back
Old 06-25-14, 06:57 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think you guys are missing the point. I'm looking for a vehicle that I'll drive once or twice a month that will put a smile on my face. I have two new reliable Honda's for the daily duties. Do you think F1 racers want to drive monster trucks because their current cockpits feel cramped? The SC was ok, but after four years it's time to let go. I had a S2K for three years and loved every day of it. I've had the SC for four years, and have been pretty miserable. I'm 34 years old and It's time to make myself happy again. I don't care about back seats or extra room. I want a fun, reliable, sportier, and lighter car that I'll pull out of my small garage once in a while. I'll fix the SC enough to get it sold and I won't look back.
Old 06-25-14, 07:45 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No. Just no. NO NO NO. You love your SC and you are going to keep her forever and ever and ever. LOL jk mang. Sell her and get your s2k on Be sure to post pics of it though. Are you aiming to buy an already lightly modded one or a untouched stocker?
Old 06-25-14, 08:45 AM
babowc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't know you wanted a weekend car, lol.
S2k is good for that.. I actually want to try a NB miata and throw some FI on it... you can't beat a S2k gearbox, though.
Old 06-25-14, 12:15 PM
hknubsauce
Lead Lap

I went from a sc300 to s2k. I daily'd the s2k for almost 2 yrs, on a 80mile commute between home, work, n school...put 30k on the car since i got it, then decided to turn it into a weekend car to keep the miles down. Highway driving in the s2k is absolute fun. I personally love the snugness of the cockpit. The interior crampness is to be expected from a sports car. The cockpit was designed to hold you, and it's adequatly comfortable once you get settled into the seat. If you want something roomy and has cushy comfort, stick w/ the SC, or get another luxury vehicle. The s2k definitely is not made for people over 6ft tall, or people w/ a 40+ waist size. I'm 6ft and 200lbs, sure it's a pain to climb in and out of the s2k, and I have a somewhat annoying time hell-toeing (long legs, but I can always double clutch) but it's a small compromise compared to the amount of joy the car provides in terms of driving feel/experience.
Old 06-28-14, 08:50 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do your thing man i wonder if you would of changed your mind if you have gotten a more reliable SC and/or boosted it.

Post some pics of the new SK2 when you get one, they are awesome
Old 07-06-14, 09:02 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Thanks, my current SC just isn't worth investing any more money into it. I bought it for $6,300, spent at least $6,000 in a few years, and I'd probably need to spend another $6k to get it to run reliable and fun. Then it would still need body work and paint which I'm going to estimate at $3k. That's another $9,000 dollars that 'm not prepared to spend right now.
Old 07-06-14, 11:13 PM
edmorl
Driver School Candidate

Very clean build!
Old 07-08-14, 10:54 AM
MrCJ305
Lead Lap

Might as well part it out. I see the SC platform becoming more popular now and Id hate for you to be one of those guys regretting getting rid of yours because the value started creeping up. Then when its time to get another it's too late because they're too expensive to get like the MK4
Old 07-08-14, 10:55 AM
GISguy
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Tabaka are you familiar with any good meetups in our area?
Old 07-08-14, 08:46 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey if I remember right you said the LS400 calipers weren't really working too well back in the first couple pages. Did you ever get that figured out or replace them all together? I had to reallllllly stop the other day and they practically weren't there at all.
Old 07-08-14, 09:24 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MrCJ305
Might as well part it out. I see the SC platform becoming more popular now and Id hate for you to be one of those guys regretting getting rid of yours because the value started creeping up. Then when its time to get another it's too late because they're too expensive to get like the MK4
This won't happen because the SC isn't a collectors item or anything truly special. A mint RSP with black interior is about the only rare SC ever built. The rest are a dime a dozen. I can probably count half a dozen SC's on craigslist right now for under $2k. Maybe because we're in the "community" we see our cars different, but the majority of the world doesn't want the SC because they're over populated with automatic transmissions and weigh 3,500lbs without gas or fluids. Add a 200lbs person, and you're near 4,000lbs with a car that pushes maybe 180hp to the wheels. I've had my time with this car, it's time to let go and be happy.

Originally Posted by GISguy
Tabaka are you familiar with any good meetups in our area?
I haven't been to a car event since the cold war. Seriously, I have no idea if there are car meets anymore. I haven't truly driven my car to an event since October of last year. When the finally car broke down in February, I just sort of gave up and haven't driven it since. It just sits out on the street collecting dirty looks from my neighbors.

#SClife

Originally Posted by Kris9884
Hey if I remember right you said the LS400 calipers weren't really working too well back in the first couple pages. Did you ever get that figured out or replace them all together? I had to reallllllly stop the other day and they practically weren't there at all.
That's a sign of big time air in the lines or pistons that aren't engaging at all. It sounds like they might not be working and your car is being stopped by the rears. The fronts should provide a lot of grab. Mine would just grind at quick stops which may have been a combinations of cheap rotors and 20 year old stock rubber brake lines. I can't remember how they felt because I haven't driven the car in 5 months.

#SClife

Last edited by Tabaka; 07-08-14 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-09-14, 05:20 AM
GISguy
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka

I haven't been to a car event since the cold war. Seriously, I have no idea if there are car meets anymore. I haven't truly driven my car to an event since October of last year. When the finally car broke down in February, I just sort of gave up and haven't driven it since. It just sits out on the street collecting dirty looks from my neighbors.

#SClife
Sorry to hear that :\

If you do part things out lemme know. I'm 40 minutes away and mine's currently bone stock and I haven't even begun the many mods I plan.
Old 07-09-14, 07:03 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
This won't happen because the SC isn't a collectors item or anything truly special....

...majority of the world doesn't want the SC because they're over populated
^^^ The TRUTH about our SCs . There are just too much of them going a dime for a dozen.

Even if you put a 1000rwhp power plant into the SC, it will never sell enough to even get back every penny you have spent. You will always be at a loss. And we have seen it many times here how high hp SCs being parted out because you re-coupe more of what you have spent on it than selling it as a whole....... just a sad fact about SCs .

Quick Reply: Tabaka Build