ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Build Threads (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads-252/)
-   -   VVTi Love! GTX4088R, Infinity-6, E85, and many more things to come (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads/691042-vvti-love-gtx4088r-infinity-6-e85-and-many-more-things-to-come.html)

InLyneTrbo 05-04-13 09:59 AM

VVTi Love! GTX4088R, Infinity-6, E85, and many more things to come

5 Attachment(s)
Man, this project is never-ending...

InLyneTrbo 05-04-13 10:00 AM

5 Attachment(s)
more pics, can't access photobucket for some reason

InLyneTrbo 05-04-13 10:03 AM

5 Attachment(s)
The block/head are going to the machine shop this week. Going with GTE pistons and Molnar Rods

InLyneTrbo 05-04-13 10:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
A friend needed a new clutch for his integra, so in the middle of pulling the GE, we did his clutch lol

InLyneTrbo 05-04-13 10:06 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Pics of my mazdaspeed3 big turbo GTX3071 Build, fills my need for boost while the GE is getting prepped

InLyneTrbo 05-04-13 10:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Gonna be pushing 29 PSI with this 44mm EWG. The IWG was stuttering too much under 22 psi lol

1JZPWRD 05-04-13 12:51 PM

Nice way to start on your car and also by finding time to help out other friends too. The Acura deserves some love too BTW.

lilSCsteve 05-04-13 12:57 PM

Off to a great start! Sounds like it's going to be a thorough build? Keep us updated, and GL with your build.
Big ups for helping out your buddy with his Acura. It's always good to help each other out, plus we're all learning from one another.

steve

iheartSc 05-08-13 12:49 PM

Any ideas on where to get 99 sc300 evac hose diagram? did a complete swap and lost track of where the hose with the green cap connects to.

InLyneTrbo 05-11-13 09:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by iheartSc (Post 7927725)
Any ideas on where to get 99 sc300 evac hose diagram? did a complete swap and lost track of where the hose with the green cap connects to.

Sorry man, dont have any diagrams or anything like that..

Heres some more pics of the cutout for the master cylinder that i did today. I found it a little weird that the upper mounting hole for the master cylinder was almost half an inch further away from the main circle cutout than the lower mounting hole... I triple checked to make sure that I cut it out exactly in each imprint...

93Gotjuice 05-12-13 10:41 AM

Thats because you probably used the master off The mkIII . That one requires some cutting. The one off the sc300 fits perfectly!

Where in California are you?

InLyneTrbo 05-12-13 12:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 93Gotjuice (Post 7933774)
Thats because you probably used the master off The mkIII . That one requires some cutting. The one off the sc300 fits perfectly!

Where in California are you?

Yeah, that makes sense, so I just need this one now: http://store.driftmotion.com/static/...ercylinder.php

I'm in Redlands, out by Loma Linda University Med Center, if you know where that is. It's starting to really warm up out here :sad:

Geting it ready for cleaning, sanding, prepping, then paint:

93Gotjuice 05-12-13 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by InLyneTrbo (Post 7933907)
Yeah, that makes sense, so I just need this one now: http://store.driftmotion.com/static/...ercylinder.php

I'm in Redlands, out by Loma Linda University Med Center, if you know where that is. It's starting to really warm up out here :sad:

Geting it ready for cleaning, sanding, prepping, then paint:

Yes i know where thats at. It is getting hot:/ but i bet it's worse over there.

That's the one:) im actually in the process of doing my R154 swap as well. Still need to buy a few more things.

Are you going with black for the engine bay? You should do white , it should look cleaner

InLyneTrbo 05-12-13 11:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 93Gotjuice (Post 7934532)
Yes i know where thats at. It is getting hot:/ but i bet it's worse over there.

That's the one:) im actually in the process of doing my R154 swap as well. Still need to buy a few more things.

Are you going with black for the engine bay? You should do white , it should look cleaner

yuup im going white, just cleaning out the grease/oil. Previous guy driving this car had a main seal leak and valve covers were leaking as well. Need to clean it a little more, and then I will sand it down with 400 grit and paint over it with a few coats of white. It will be tricky though, don't want any runs down the shock towers

Here's some pics of it cleaned up a little:

InLyneTrbo 05-13-13 03:51 PM

Just wanted to get some advice before I make a purchase, for the rebuild I'm going with JE Pistons with a compression of 8.5:1 and GTE rods (pistons oversized from 86 mm to 87 mm). I will also be using ARP rod bolts/head studs and ACL Race bearings. Anyone see an issue with this combination? Are there any head/valve clearance issues with these pistons?