Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My SC300 2JZGTE swap - Slow Build!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-13, 06:33 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwin
if you use fan clutch and a 2jzgte fan blade you will be fine. The supra fan clutch is the same as the sc. The only difference is the fan blade itself. The 2jzgte fan blade sits further away from the engine and closer to the radiator.
Sweet thanks. I'd rather know for sure before finding out the hard way which has a habit of happening to me half the time..
Old 07-26-13, 09:29 AM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get it done!
Old 07-26-13, 07:43 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Highway
Sweet thanks. I'd rather know for sure before finding out the hard way which has a habit of happening to me half the time..
I installed the 6 speed dampner and the sc fan hit everything. I installed the TT fan and it hits nothing. Put them next to each other you will see about a 1 inch of difference.
Old 07-27-13, 07:58 AM
gambino19
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swap

im going to be using megan sc300 mounts , your stock mounts should work fine with the supra brackets, i plan on using bosch fuel pump, and electrical fans to save on room and engine drag, but gotta upgrade alternator.

also doing a build waiting on parts. do as much on the motor as you can while it is out of the car. easier to work on.....taking off those twins is a ***** i hear(while in the car) JIC you were plan on going single. gl with build bro I'm going to have alot of leftover parts so lmk if you need anything.
Old 07-27-13, 08:09 AM
hmhatch
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you know how to solder and read wiring diagrams? The wiring isn't that hard. Just time consuming. You could save yourself a chunk of change doing it yourself.
Old 07-27-13, 09:31 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Thanks jwin will consider for sure. Gambino might go custom twin or blitz nur spec single not sure yet. Hmhatch don't have the time or patients to wire and solder lol. The swap is gonna get done locally @ my main mechanic's garage so making it easy as possible is my main goal without working on it myself or with friends.

Last edited by Highway; 07-27-13 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-28-13, 08:41 AM
gambino19
Rookie

Default twins

Thanks jwin will consider for sure. Gambino might go custom twin or blitz nur spec single not sure yet. Hmhatch don't have the time or patients to wire and solder lol. The swap is gonna get done locally @ my main mechanic's garage so making it easy as possible is my main goal without working on it myself or with friends.

custom twins would mean sick power i've only seen a few setups like that in supras....w/e you do sure you will love it....have you thought about upgrading the timing belt?
Old 07-28-13, 12:01 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gambino19
custom twins would mean sick power i've only seen a few setups like that in supras....w/e you do sure you will love it....have you thought about upgrading the timing belt?
Def getting all new belts. I meant custom twin exhaust setup but actually also strongly considering drift motion 2JZGTE TT upgrade . I'm thinking the torque would be a nice kick in the butt for sure.
Old 07-28-13, 03:31 PM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Competition clutch stage 4 for w58 new

Please chime in with any other recommendations ...
Isn't that WAAAY more clutch than that poor little W58 can handle? I always liked the thought of having a bit of a 'fuse' in there with a weaker tranny. That clutch isn't going to give her even the slightest bit of slack. I think this is one of those cases where overkill could actually be a bad thing.

Old 07-29-13, 07:48 AM
Highway
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by good2go
Isn't that WAAAY more clutch than that poor little W58 can handle? I always liked the thought of having a bit of a 'fuse' in there with a weaker tranny. That clutch isn't going to give her even the slightest bit of slack. I think this is one of those cases where overkill could actually be a bad thing.

Hope not. In researching that seemed to be the clutch of choice. I'll be p^^sy footing it anyways until I can source a a R154 etc...

Still not installed as of yet tho..... Got me wondering if it is indeed overkill.

Last edited by Highway; 07-29-13 at 06:17 PM. Reason: update
Old 07-31-13, 05:21 AM
Highway
Lead Lap

Now just waiting on delivery of: sway bars, FMIC, motor mounts, spark plugs, fuel pump all new. Once the motor comes out then the new harness will be ordered. Anybody know where I can purchase new Supra OEM turbo return lines for the JDM TT setup?

Thanks in advance, Highway
Old 07-31-13, 06:18 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Any swap tips greatly appreciated! Also any harness tips will also be greatly appreciated. Would love to tackle myself
Originally Posted by hmhatch
Do you know how to solder and read wiring diagrams? The wiring isn't that hard. Just time consuming. You could save yourself a chunk of change doing it yourself.
Since you said , you wanted to tackle the wiring yourself , I assume you can solder , read wiring diagrams. As hmhatch had mentioned , it is not really hard just time consuming. That will save you almost a grand right there and can use that money for other needs in your build.

You already have most of it on the GTE harness that came with the motor. You just have to extend those wires and merge the body plug / wirings from your SC. Clean it up by removing what you don't need on the two harnesses (GTE / SC)

Of course this you do if you are confident about your electrical skills. It is easy to fry components or torch that car with bad wiring.

Nice progress so far . I know that cost will keep on climbing so whatever you can do yourself will help you save a lot.

What exactly Supra OEM turbo return lines are you looking for ? Are these the hard lines ? I may still have those that have been taken out from my cars.
Old 07-31-13, 01:17 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gerrb
Since you said , you wanted to tackle the wiring yourself , I assume you can solder , read wiring diagrams. As hmhatch had mentioned , it is not really hard just time consuming. That will save you almost a grand right there and can use that money for other needs in your build.

You already have most of it on the GTE harness that came with the motor. You just have to extend those wires and merge the body plug / wirings from your SC. Clean it up by removing what you don't need on the two harnesses (GTE / SC)

Of course this you do if you are confident about your electrical skills. It is easy to fry components or torch that car with bad wiring.

Nice progress so far . I know that cost will keep on climbing so whatever you can do yourself will help you save a lot.

What exactly Supra OEM turbo return lines are you looking for ? Are these the hard lines ? I may still have those that have been taken out from my cars.
Not 100% sure. Please excuse my ignorance but i believe it is the turbo oil feed from the oil pan to the turbo. My motor is from an aristo front sump and swapping to rear sump. I've seen threads which mention the use of a supra tt oil return line but that might be the wrong terminology.

Thanks

Update:
Just got the late model MKIII motor mount setup as mine are in fact broken. Tanabe sway bars ordered, spark plugs and other little goodies.

Last edited by Highway; 07-31-13 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-03-13, 10:05 AM
Highway
Lead Lap

Motor out. Will try to tidy up the bay a little when and if time permits. I think i found some turbo lines from Titan but will buzz them monday to confirm if they can be used for TT setup. Getting pumped
Attached Thumbnails My SC300 2JZGTE swap - Slow Build!-engine-bay.jpg  
Old 08-04-13, 05:38 PM
gambino19
Rookie

Default nice progress

i cant wait till I'm there ....

Quick Reply: My SC300 2JZGTE swap - Slow Build!