Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Tommy2JZ's Build Thread. (a lot of pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-13, 01:06 PM
Tommy2JZ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tommy2JZ's Build Thread. (a lot of pictures)

The goal for this build is the following. This currently IS my daily but I will at somepoint get another car and make this a fulltime project. I want to repaint this car DWP as it came from factory. i want to replace everything that is broken or missing. I want this car to be MINT. completely opposite of which i actually got the car. When i finish the build i want to take it to the dealership where it was originally sold (coincidently enough it was bought at the Local Lexus dealership) i want to park it in the showroom as if it were for sale and take some pictures of it and who knows if theyre willing maybe make a video of me "purchasing" the car. it would be so insane but thats just what my 19yo mind is thinking at the moment lol

Bought my car in early March of 2012. Found it on craigslist for $1,600. Funny thing, my car always looks so much better in pictures than it does in real life. Anywho i show up to the spot, this was my first car ever. I notice it's super dirty, cracked rear bumper, cracked windshield, shattered side view mirror. Open the door, interior is torn apart. center console is missing half of the components, cupholder, stereo, ashtray, etc. carpet is trashed. He tells me trunk doesn't open. I was working 40 hours a week and I really needed a car. I always had a soft spot for SC's so I told my brother i really wanted the car, he asked me, you know its going to be tons of money and time before it looks good? i said yea i know and im willing to invest time and money. anywho long short that day i was the owner of a 1995 sc300 gold package.

this is the day after i got my car and gave it a good wash.

Last edited by Tommy2JZ; 04-18-13 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-05-13, 01:28 PM
Tommy2JZ
Pole Position

after further analysis i noticed more things were wrong.

car was rear ended and THATS whay the trunk didn't open.
took it to a body shop, took them eight hours to realign the trunk.

idled at 200RPM (that is not a type-o , two hundred revolutions per minute lol)
(i fixed this by adjusting the throttle cable and adjusted the screw on the throttle body to push up the throttle lever to keep the throttle body open a bit. tuned that so i now idle exactly at about 1k when warm, 1500 when im cold)

a lot of vacuum hoses were cracked.
(vatozone hoses were the replacement)

rack and pinion leaked,
(have yet to fix this lol)

bad rack bushings,
(temporarily fixed with a tshirt)

now i have solid aluminum bushings from battle version

rear UCA squeaked
yet to fix this

rear blown shocks
upgraded to twin turbo supra struts with lowering springs (will put picture further on the thread as to not spoil the progress)

windows didnt work
(read on here that if you open the driver door there is cables that run through that black sleeve that get chewed up over time, cut that open found the wires that were disconnected, reconnected, and on the driver side window switch one of the cables was disconnected, reconnect that and voila. both regulators gave out on me, drive is held byy a clothes hanger and works perfectly lol. passenger side is fixed but cable is messed up, yet to fix because i have the new cable just too lazy to install)

alarm would go off in the middle of the night after long drives and rainy days
in the passanger side there was a couple harnesses that were cut for some reason?

went to the junkyard, replaced those two harnesses. fixed the long drive problem.

engine leaked from every single place it COULD leak
i myself did the valve cover gaskets.

also did the distributor o ring.

i also got rear main seal, cam seals, front main seal, front tranny seal, oil pan seal done by a shop. will post pics further in thread.

tranny leaked
i redid the oil pan gasket

tranny mount/engine mounts were done.
tranny mount yet to replace, engine mounts were replaced with MK4 TT solid enclosed mounts

no fan shroud
yet to find one lol

rear tires were slick
replaced with cheap tires twice. then got rims will post pics further. now on Falken Azenis

telescopic steering didnt work all needles wouldnt work,
i put a hose washer and voila. thanks to C-irie

back lighting didnt work

thanks to Jose Marquez (Jmarq) for the LED's

this is what my cluster looks like, (my headlight indicator is golden and the milage and hour is actually green now) needles found at junkyard
http://imageshack.us/a/img521/7723/4...2892740016.jpg

power steering hoses leaked, both return and high pressure.
replaced with Driftmotion high pressure steel braided hose, (that blew up because as shown in the pic it was mounted wrong. got it replaced by Emad at Precision Autowerkz. he made me a new one custom for my SC. yes those are the driftmotion alluminum pulleys lol got those replaced waaayy later.

funny story, i didnt know if the car had a glove box. didnt know i had one till a couple weeks after i bought it lmao

Last edited by Tommy2JZ; 04-05-13 at 01:38 PM. Reason: inserted picture
Old 04-05-13, 01:34 PM
Tommy2JZ
Pole Position

paint was pretty bad. originally it was DWP but the BS owner was an moron so he spray painted the car. he did a horrible job, paint drips everywhere, overspray everywhere. fun fact. i found out previous owner was a drug dealer. found 8 bags of hasheesh in the trunk, 3 bags of crystal under the carpet when i replaced it, and a 9mm live round in the door panel. ofcourse i disposed of all drugs, i am straight edge. i kept the 9mm bullet as a reminder of my car's history. someone told me. ill know youre serious about your car if you hand sand it and paint it yourself. i ended up with this.

some of you may recognize that Red SC300 ;D

i then painted the car. i was sanded for a couple months, everyone started calling my car the cow for obvious reasons
Old 04-05-13, 01:37 PM
Tommy2JZ
Pole Position

this was after paint.

Old 04-05-13, 01:43 PM
Tommy2JZ
Pole Position

i never seen a dual tipped sc300 before so i got these.

the interior was horrible so i started fixing it up.

ALL my interior lighting is done with LED's lol. got addicted to them.
Old 04-05-13, 01:49 PM
Tommy2JZ
Pole Position

then i found a gem. an almost mint condition sc400 lip.

after that i got myself some IS250 rims.

after that i got my MK4 struts with lowering springs off of peter from Supreme Society

Old 04-05-13, 01:55 PM
Tommy2JZ
Pole Position

i like to be different so... i got really bored one day and did this...

g

one day my car wouldn't start. i thought, maybe alternator because it starts with a jump. then i took off the battery and was confused. anywho i was really stressed because this is my daily. got my tax return check and took it in to the shop. another reason i sent it in is because i left a puddle of fluid under the car that same day.

i later found out my battery flew into the pulleys lol. i got the pulleys upgraded to alluminum pulleys, new steel braided PS hose, new PS return hose, new cam seals, new cranks seal, new rear main seal, new tranny front seal, new oil pan gasket, new radiator
Old 04-05-13, 01:58 PM
Tommy2JZ
Pole Position

these are some current engine pics.

Old 04-05-13, 02:06 PM
Tommy2JZ
Pole Position

i did DRL,s on my headlights, i love them.. lol

this is her.

so i was bored again (this is why most mods happen imo lmao)
i was looking at rusty slammington and decided to try something.... i honestly love this look. some of you will hate it and talk so much bs but its my car and i do what i want lol. this is temporary meanwhile i save for a DWP respray. this is a vet memorial, i am in the process of getting a bunch of Vets to sign my trunk.

Old 04-05-13, 02:12 PM
Tommy2JZ
Pole Position

here are some random pics i have, meets with the lexus guys

Last edited by Tommy2JZ; 04-06-13 at 10:39 AM. Reason: fixed image url
Old 04-05-13, 02:13 PM
Tommy2JZ
Pole Position

this picture was at KKT 5-29-12 i was parked a couple ccars down from Matt_RN

Last edited by Tommy2JZ; 04-05-13 at 02:14 PM. Reason: funfact
Old 04-05-13, 02:40 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Many, many changes from when you first picked her up...nice! Much RESPECT for doing the VET tribute!

steve
Old 04-05-13, 05:44 PM
golf007
Driver

Look really nice build ! Love that " Hiroshima" look thumb up be different
Old 04-06-13, 05:35 AM
93Gotjuice
Pole Position

Tommy its come a long way of how it looked. Props! Keep up the good work...
Old 04-07-13, 11:48 PM
Tommy2JZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Many, many changes from when you first picked her up...nice! Much RESPECT for doing the VET tribute!
thanks! idk where to start getting autographs though. it's kind of hard being like ey sign my trunk lol.

steve
Originally Posted by golf007
Look really nice build ! Love that " Hiroshima" look thumb up be different
thanks! it's kind of a big pun aswell. a japanese car made to look like a bomber attacking hiroshima, japan lmao

Originally Posted by 93Gotjuice
Tommy its come a long way of how it looked. Props! Keep up the good work...
thanks! yea man this is my first car. trying to make it a memorable car. most the work is done by me except the major engine work as i don't have THAT much knowledge about hardcore engine tear downs lol.

Quick Reply: Tommy2JZ's Build Thread. (a lot of pictures)