Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

e46m3lol's never ending mod list (07is250) track/ show car | TONS OF PICS!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-13, 02:35 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default e46m3lol's never ending mod list (07is250) track/ show car | TONS OF PICS!!

Hi guys,

My name is Gilbert I picked up Eva about 4 months ago now and just like every car I have owned in the past (11 cars so far at the age of 22)... I tell myself take it one step at a time and don't rush into anything.

Well that never seems to last for long as I did my first mod and changed out all my interior bulbs to SMD LED's and that led to 10,000k HID replacement bulbs, then 3000k HID fogs. Followed by an eibach lowering spring kit. Resonator, cat and muffler delete came after. I wasn't content with the color and felt like I needed to really separate myself from all the other stock looking Lexus' out on the road. I wrapped her satin orange and dumped it on Function/ Form coilovers.

Her last orange photo shoot will be tomorrow along with 5 other orange cars here in the LA area. Then the wrap is coming off and will be re wrapped in some other color.

I have done pretty much all of the work myself, including vinyl wrapping interior/ exterior, mechanical maintenance along with coilover install. Everything except for the exhaust.

I can help anyone out with vinyl wrapping or any maintenance stuff you guys need!

Here she is:

Last edited by e46m3lol; 03-27-13 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-27-13, 02:35 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Old 03-27-13, 04:34 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Props and skills for the interior cf wrap as well as the orange wrap. Curious how long it took to wrap the entire car?

Rims looks real nice. What size?
Old 03-27-13, 04:50 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Thanks Initial G,

The wrap took me exactly 24hrs to complete. Started prepping the car on a Saturday morning at 6am sharp by sunday 6pm I was done with everything and drove it to the office the next morning. Now it could have been a better wrap job if I would have removed the handles and mirrors but I change up the color all the time so I don't have the time for that.

Wheels are Hyper black XXR 527's
18x8.75 et30 225/40/18
18x9.75 et20 245/40/18

Rears sit perfectly flush but the fronts are a little sunken in. I put 10mm spacers to try it out but I rub like crazy. I was reading here on CL that some people remove their fender liners. Is that the only way to avoid the rubbing if i'm this low?
Old 03-27-13, 04:52 PM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

Did I see you this week in Downey making a left onto Paramount from Firestone?
Old 03-27-13, 04:56 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MiiK350
Did I see you this week in Downey making a left onto Paramount from Firestone?

Yes I believe I saw you as well. You were driving on paramount heading towards Florence correct?
Old 03-27-13, 09:04 PM
medic250
Driver School Candidate

In love with the wrap, great looking car!
Old 03-28-13, 11:15 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Great job so far. If all you are rubbing is fender liner I suggest you just turn up the music, eventually it'll eat through the part its contacting and itll go away. Much better than removing your whole liner. I would never do that.

However if you see you're front tires being shredded then you should relocate the famous front tab.

Here are some links that might help you.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ocation-4.html

check this one out for better pictures of the AFTER

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...r-tab-mod.html
Old 03-28-13, 12:18 PM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

nICE COLOR ON THE WRAP LOVE THAT ORANGE!
Old 03-29-13, 08:30 AM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by medic250
In love with the wrap, great looking car!
Thanks Medic!

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Great job so far. If all you are rubbing is fender liner I suggest you just turn up the music, eventually it'll eat through the part its contacting and itll go away. Much better than removing your whole liner. I would never do that.

However if you see you're front tires being shredded then you should relocate the famous front tab.

Here are some links that might help you.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ocation-4.html

check this one out for better pictures of the AFTER

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...r-tab-mod.html
I'll be doing that this weekend! It's my first lexus and more than likely not my last. Hoping that my next car will be the ISF

Originally Posted by Jump2man3
nICE COLOR ON THE WRAP LOVE THAT ORANGE!
Thanks Jumpman!
Old 03-29-13, 08:34 AM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

More than likely I'll be picking up the walde trunk spoiler tonight and I'm still debating if I should mold it to my trunk or just stick it on with 3M double stick tape. I love the look of a flush fitting spoiler but the one that I did see in person was all bubbled up. Might have been because of a bad prep job so I'll be crossing my fingers if I go that route.

The wrap is coming off this weekend and she'll be back to its original tungsten pearl

I kind of miss polishing her up as you can't polish a flat vinyl wrap. lol

A couple more pics that have popped up on the Targa Trophy website from last weekends shenanigans:

Old 03-29-13, 11:50 AM
FordGT08
Driver

Looks sick man! What kind of cf wrapping did you buy for the interior pieces? And what type of grill is that?
Old 03-29-13, 11:55 AM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FordGT08
Looks sick man! What kind of cf wrapping did you buy for the interior pieces? And what type of grill is that?
That cf interior wrap is 3M material. The exterior is a chinese brand wrap as I don't want to spend tons of money on wrapping it when I'm going to change the color a month after.

It's the stock grill just painted in gloss black. It's gotten a lot of rock chips as I do track it and do canyon runs every week. I'll be switching it up to a matte black grills so that it matches the chicken wire style bottom grill.
Old 03-29-13, 12:17 PM
FordGT08
Driver

Originally Posted by e46m3lol
That cf interior wrap is 3M material. The exterior is a chinese brand wrap as I don't want to spend tons of money on wrapping it when I'm going to change the color a month after.

It's the stock grill just painted in gloss black. It's gotten a lot of rock chips as I do track it and do canyon runs every week. I'll be switching it up to a matte black grills so that it matches the chicken wire style bottom grill.
Where did you buy the interior wrap from? My car is an 08 and has a different grill. I like yours much better lol so you're gonna paint the car?
Old 03-29-13, 12:22 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FordGT08
Where did you buy the interior wrap from? My car is an 08 and has a different grill. I like yours much better lol so you're gonna paint the car?
I buy the vinyl wrap material by the rolls from a wholesale supplier. I'm sure you can buy it on ebay as well. All you really need is a sheet of 36"x36", some free time and a lot of patience if it's your first time. Send me a PM and I can send you some material just pay for shipping.

No I don't ever plan on painting my car. The vinyl wrap is just a big sticker and I can peel it off and remove it at any time and the paint underneath remains the same as the day I applied the vinyl.

Quick Reply: e46m3lol's never ending mod list (07is250) track/ show car | TONS OF PICS!!