Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2JZ SC300 Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-19, 03:56 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Got the turbo back from Precision. I polished the housing just a little. Also removed the catch can and cleaned it out real good and polished that too. Put in a new K&N filter and polished the intake pipe too. Looks pretty good right now. ECU should be back today some time too.

The following users liked this post:
Barbary (05-06-22)
Old 04-22-19, 09:51 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

Drool worthy sir! Plus, the white on chrome TT's just gets me every time...
Old 05-04-22, 02:52 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Been a long time since a last update. Car has been doing well. It has become the daily as I sold my 2020 Ford Ranger in hopes of picking up a GR Corolla. If it isn't marked up to the moon, then I will get one. I placed a deposit.

KahnBB6 (05-05-22)
Old 05-05-22, 03:12 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Your SC and R32 GT-R are both looking great!! So clean!

I agree with you about the GR Corolla. Hopefully (!!) some dealers won't mark it up into the stratosphere. The good news is that the limited Circuit Edition and Core models are mechanically identical. Other than the CF roof on the Circuit it will be possible to carry over the front bumper and hood to a volume oriented Core GR Corolla and you'll have 99% the same car. Given how there aren't even enough Circuit Edition GR Corollas to allocate one for every U.S. Toyota dealer I'd put my money on a regular one to have a better chance.
drifterx27 (05-05-22)
Old 05-05-22, 03:28 AM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Your SC and R32 GT-R are both looking great!! So clean!

I agree with you about the GR Corolla. Hopefully (!!) some dealers won't mark it up into the stratosphere. The good news is that the limited Circuit Edition and Core models are mechanically identical. Other than the CF roof on the Circuit it will be possible to carry over the front bumper and hood to a volume oriented Core GR Corolla and you'll have 99% the same car. Given how there aren't even enough Circuit Edition GR Corollas to allocate one for every U.S. Toyota dealer I'd put my money on a regular one to have a better chance.
I want the Circuit Edition though!! I want that carbon roof. And the seats are nicer material. Also only the Circuit Edition comes in the Heavy Metal color and I want it to match my GTR. If I can't get it in Heavy Metal, I want it in white in the Core model.
KahnBB6 (05-05-22)
Old 05-05-22, 10:19 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

The cars look absolutely stunning! Quite the combo you have there sir.

My wife and I also put a deposit down on a GR Corolla for her to replace her Mini S. Fingers crossed!
The following 2 users liked this post by RudysSC:
drifterx27 (05-05-22), KahnBB6 (05-05-22)
Old 05-05-22, 04:24 PM
KahnBB6

Originally Posted by drifterx27
I want the Circuit Edition though!! I want that carbon roof. And the seats are nicer material. Also only the Circuit Edition comes in the Heavy Metal color and I want it to match my GTR. If I can't get it in Heavy Metal, I want it in white in the Core model.
Indeed there are all those fine touches to the Circuit Edition. Just be ready to fight to keep your slot to get one, haha! I can see a nice Circuit Edition in that paint shade matching well with your GT-R and SC!

The regular ones may fare better with in some cases skirting dealer markups but with only 1,500 CE's coming for a one year only trim level there won't be many to go around. Some dealers won't event have one allocated. All dealers will have the Core Edition models allocated (some 5,000 for the first model year alone).

Originally Posted by RudysSC
The cars look absolutely stunning! Quite the combo you have there sir.

My wife and I also put a deposit down on a GR Corolla for her to replace her Mini S. Fingers crossed!
I hope you score one, Rudy! I have my eye on those cars as well but will have to wait a bit longer. Hopefully I'll be able to get a shot myself before they end production, lol.
drifterx27 (05-05-22)
Old 05-05-22, 04:46 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Indeed there are all those fine touches to the Circuit Edition. Just be ready to fight to keep your slot to get one, haha! I can see a nice Circuit Edition in that paint shade matching well with your GT-R and SC!

The regular ones may fare better with in some cases skirting dealer markups but with only 1,500 CE's coming for a one year only trim level there won't be many to go around. Some dealers won't event have one allocated. All dealers will have the Core Edition models allocated (some 5,000 for the first model year alone).

I hope you score one, Rudy! I have my eye on those cars as well but will have to wait a bit longer. Hopefully I'll be able to get a shot myself before they end production, lol.
I hope so. But my mind changes like the wind too. I am always buying and selling. I have to daily the Lexus currently as I sold my truck. I may have to pick up another daily as the Lexus gas mileage is horrible. A white Evo X just popped up for sale locally. Might take a look.
Old 05-07-22, 03:29 PM
KahnBB6

^^ Haha, well at 800whp+ these cars are not exactly known to have great fuel economy! Designed in a different era when premium gas was less than $1.00/gal. With a stock GTE mine gets between 15-17mpg in the city. Still... what a machine yours is!!

You certainly have plenty of options available. A stock Evo X would probably make for a very livable and fun daily driver. The current Civic Type R and especially the GR Corolla are good bets if you're looking for brand new and get a deposit down early.
Old 05-07-22, 03:31 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

^^ Haha, well at 800whp+ these cars are not exactly known to have great fuel economy! Designed in a different era when premium gas was less than $1.00/gal. With a stock GTE mine gets between 15-17mpg in the city. Still... what a machine yours is!!

You certainly have plenty of options available. A stock Evo X would probably make for a very livable and fun daily driver. The current Civic Type R and especially the GR Corolla are good bets if you're looking for brand new and get a deposit down early.
LOL, you must have a Crystal Ball bud!! I am currently buying something in the next few days to hold me over. I will upload pics after the deal is done.
KahnBB6 (05-08-22)
Old 05-10-22, 09:02 AM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Well, here is the next vehicle. 2011 Lancer Evolution X. Bone stock. This will hold me over until the GR Corolla drops and I see that I can't afford it since the dealer will mark it up to the moon.

Old 05-10-22, 01:10 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Nick pick up - should hold you over nicely in the meantime
Old 05-11-22, 07:19 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 481 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by drifterx27
Long time ago, in a country far far away...

Well I've been out of the country for a couple years doing military things, visiting the states every now and again. I'm coming home to take care of my mom and at the same time move forward in the next evolution of the SC. Just ordered a RPS twin plate, FSM intake manifold, and will get the LQ9 coil packs installed as well. The car has several oil leaks and the turbo had pooped itself from the car sitting and being used whenever I was home to use it. I sent the turbo out the last time I was home and had Precision upgrade it to their newest ball bearing design, and so it's waiting for me to install when I return. Car is still far from fixed up. But at least with the manifold and coil packs upgraded I should be able to boost around again.

While I've been gone, I had purchased a stock S14 Silvia from Japan. Did a boatload of upgrades to it, and tracked it at Snetterton Race Course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrEibHJywcM&

After getting rid of the Silvia and sold my C5 Z06, I bought a R32 GTR. It is modded with upgraded twins and a lot of supporting stuff. These other cars pretty much diverted my money away from the Lexus.

I am in need of GTE valve covers if anyone has some for sale.
Nice vid, nice engine work
the C5 had me drooling
Thank you for your service
Joe