Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 4GS owner vehicles

Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-12, 07:16 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Great color combo!

Did you buy the installation kit for the rear spoiler?
Old 12-16-12, 03:10 PM
concavo
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Car looks great. Your wife is going to be rolling hard!!!!!
Old 12-16-12, 06:02 PM
PrinceAkim
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bro, I had a feeling you'd be pulling the trigger!! Congrats bro. So you mean to tell me you and mike have the same 3GS, and bought your wives a 4GS, and modding them too? You sure you're not modding it for yourself? LOL. Congrats. If I get a 4GS, it would be the same color combo.
Old 12-16-12, 06:15 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats buddy! I love that cor combo & looking forward to seeing it all come together.
Old 12-16-12, 07:18 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Nice grab, but conservative I don't think so. Sounds like your modding for yourself, Enjoy the car I've seen the interior and your right pics don't do it justice it really looks nice!
Old 12-17-12, 08:06 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
Are you sure you're doing all these for her and not YOU? Not a big fan of the front lip kit but if she likes it, then be it. Looking good otherwise. I'd love to see how she looks with the springs. Keep us updated. Congrats.
Maybe, I'll figure might as well make it look good. I said the same thing about the 4GEN and looked what happened. However I do believe they took a bad marketing pic for the Wald non-fsport. It’s just a bad angle and chrome wheels, really, really, come on. Maybe taking a risk with the spoiler but I think that’s part of modding.

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
nice pic up Trini. congratz to the wifey. ready for the transformation.
Thanks hopefully she likes it.

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Dude so happy for u and the wife!! We are garage twins can't wait to see in person, lets grab dinner or something this weekend!!

His 3GS is sick so I can't wait to see what he does here!
Thanks man, just following your foot steps lol.

Originally Posted by Vossen Wheels
Congrats on the new 4GS!! Absolutely love that color combo, it's simply stunning in person. Sounds like you've got some great, clean, tasteful plans for this one, can't wait to see the outcome!
Thanks for the Vossen love

Originally Posted by dseag2
Trini, your 3GS is really sharp, so I can't wait to see what you do with the 4GS.
Yeah just trying to individualize it man.

Originally Posted by LexusVet
Congrats. Color is amazing love looking at it every time I'm at the dealer it catches my eye and fora second I forget what color it is and go over to the sticker. Please post pics of spoiler would love to see the difference with F sport
Hoping to drop it in the shop next week.

Originally Posted by passnu2
Congrats to the Mrs

Conservative you say
Thanks man. Always remenbered you being the trailblazer on the 3Gen forums.

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Great color combo!

Did you buy the installation kit for the rear spoiler?
Nah, did not get the installation kit. I'm assuming I would need it if I was installing it myself. I did go over the pdf and it mentioned drilling holes so figured I'll pass on the DIY. The two bolts are actually molded into the spoiler so it has to be bolted on the trunk.

Originally Posted by concavo
Congrats! Car looks great. Your wife is going to be rolling hard!!!!!
Thanks

Originally Posted by PrinceAkim
Bro, I had a feeling you'd be pulling the trigger!! Congrats bro. So you mean to tell me you and mike have the same 3GS, and bought your wives a 4GS, and modding them too? You sure you're not modding it for yourself? LOL. Congrats. If I get a 4GS, it would be the same color combo.
Yeah still straching me heard as to how that happened.

Originally Posted by Tee
Congrats buddy! I love that cor combo & looking forward to seeing it all come together.
Thanks bro and you were right about South Atlanta.

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Nice grab, but conservative I don't think so. Sounds like your modding for yourself, Enjoy the car I've seen the interior and your right pics don't do it justice it really looks nice!
Conservative, I guess compared to my car. Hmmm, if I was modding it for myself, coilovers and wheels would have been at my door steps last weekend. Plus car would never get tinted LOL. Would she have joined clublexus and look for mods or info, HIGHLY unlikely but she loves when her car is somewhat different. Her last car, she had all OEM parts (front spoiler, fogs and rear wing) which made it a lot easier to identify it in the parking lot or streets and she liked it so I'm pushing the envelope with this one. She's the finance person in the house anyways so nothing gets pass her without approval lol.
Old 12-24-12, 09:53 AM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the 4GS, NICE COLOR COMBO excellent choice
Old 02-05-13, 03:50 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Well just an update. I had the rear spoiler installed last December (sorry no pictures) and today I got the mud guards in the mail. Nigel got it to my door just under 7 weeks, not too shabby. It looks bigger than expected but lets see how it looks when I get them installed. I should be able to post pictures then. Seems it should be a simple DIY but i just need to make time to install it.

Still waiting on my front lip from l-tuned parts. Went a different route than WALD. This new lip seems to compliment the overall lines of the car better. Also decided to wait for the f-sport springs since she is still somewhat undecided on the drop.

Trying to complete the build by spring,
Attached Thumbnails Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-1-.jpg  
Old 02-05-13, 05:44 PM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by TriniGS
Well just an update. I had the rear spoiler installed last December (sorry no pictures) and today I got the mud guards in the mail. Nigel got it to my door just under 7 weeks, not too shabby. It looks bigger than expected but lets see how it looks when I get them installed. I should be able to post pictures then. Seems it should be a simple DIY but i just need to make time to install it.

Still waiting on my front lip from l-tuned parts. Went a different route than WALD. This new lip seems to compliment the overall lines of the car better. Also decided to wait for the f-sport springs since she is still somewhat undecided on the drop.

Trying to complete the build by spring,
Those are the mudflaps, wow why do they look so damn big. Also you here anything on the lowering springs from tanabe yet.
Old 02-05-13, 06:13 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Those are the mudflaps, wow why do they look so damn big. Also you here anything on the lowering springs from tanabe yet.
Maybe they would look smaller on the car. It does not seem like the traditional mud guards, its more like a molded polyurethane piece.This is the only full body pic I could find with the mud guards. The tanabe springs were on back order back in December but should be available now.
Attached Thumbnails Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-3-.jpg  
Old 02-05-13, 06:29 PM
LexFather

Damn bro awesome......and now you've lit a match

Can't wait to see everything installed!
Old 02-06-13, 08:19 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by TriniGS
Maybe they would look smaller on the car. It does not seem like the traditional mud guards, its more like a molded polyurethane piece.This is the only full body pic I could find with the mud guards. The tanabe springs were on back order back in December but should be available now.
Thanks I'm gonna try to order them.
Old 02-06-13, 09:48 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i for one, like the mudguards. it's a conservative mod that looks good.
Old 03-06-13, 03:49 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Well the mudguards are installed. The fronts were easy to install, its just three bolts and did not require removal of the wheels. The rears however required drilling into the bumper for the third hole. Its an OEM part so not sure why the rear bumper did not already have the third hole. I'm assuming its because its a Japanese spec part.

Its a very modest mod but highly functional. I need to take better pictures soon. Hopefully when everything comes together.

Also you would not be able to add rear or side lips if you have mudguards
Attached Thumbnails Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-19-.jpg   Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-21-.jpg  

Last edited by TriniGS; 03-06-13 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-06-13, 03:54 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

UPS made a delivery today. Actually excited about his one. Bigups to Luis @ l-tunedparts/Carson

This is also a factory option when ordering a Japanese spec GS. They call it an f-sport option but its for non f-sport cars. Finally the non f-sport guys can get some love.
Attached Thumbnails Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-20-.jpg  

Last edited by TriniGS; 03-06-13 at 03:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior