Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS460 owner vehicles

yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread

Old 12-15-12, 05:06 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by yottabyte
thanks!

yes, first pics are with the controller. I also had my sensors adjusted. When I get my car back, I can take some pics for you on where they are located? It seems pretty easy to adjust.
Sick looking ride. The dealer I've been dealing with said they could lower my car by adjusting the sensors as well. Just dont know if I want to go any lower. Its amazing what some dealers will do and what some other wont.
Attached Thumbnails yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-vossenls.jpg  
Old 12-15-12, 06:31 AM
Hawaii5oh
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

seen a picture of your car after suspension install on instagram... what kit you planning on going with??
Old 12-15-12, 08:44 AM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nat
I don't think UAS and AirRex goes lower than Air Runner OTG kit. Does any one know?

Dorbritz does some nice work!!!
I don't know about the AirRex, but with UAS it just depends on what coilovers you use with it to adjust how low you want to get. But I'd imagine the ride quality on the AR OTG when riding low is better.
Old 12-15-12, 09:08 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

That's a clean car.
Old 12-15-12, 11:11 AM
lei_z_ass
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nat
But with your new kit, you should be laying frame now correct?
No i wish it were so. Maybe the side skirts and bumper may rest on the ground. I think the only way to get back to laying frame would be for me to lower the coil spindles. Once i am done with the kit i can determine how much lower i am able to go. I wanna be low while parked but don't wanna have to drive 4x4 to protect my kit.
Old 12-16-12, 01:03 AM
yottabyte
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee
Looking good!

Any codes afrer removing the OEM A/S?

nope, so far there's no air suspension warning lights. Drew at http://www.dorbritzdesigns.com/ was able to trick the system into thinking that the stock air suspension was still connected.
Old 12-16-12, 02:15 AM
yottabyte
Driver

Originally Posted by 96zenki
very nice. i would love to see how you adjust the sensors as my heights are not the same with my data systems controller. if you don't mind sharing how much did your set up cost? i'm looking into aftermarket air set up in the future and would like a ball park. i plan to go with accuair elevel as well. it seems like alot of people are going with airrex as well.
below are four pics of where you can adjust the height sensors in the the following order:

- 1st pic is for the front right. This is at stock level. I had to adjust it back because the data controller was having issue lowering the front. Sometimes it would work, other times it would not. I believe if you want your car to be lowered, you would loosen the bolt, remove the tab from the hole and turn the bracket counter clockwise then tighten the bolt. I would recommend turning the bracket slightly and see how the data controller reacts to the adjustment.

- 2nd pic is for the front left. To lower your car, do the same as above but rotate the bracket clockwise.

- 3rd and 4th pics are for the rear right and rear left, respectively. I believe this is where Drew made the adjustment. I didn't play with this because the data controller worked properly with this setting. You would have to raise or lower the bolt and see how the data controller react.
Attached Thumbnails yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-1.jpg   yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-2.jpg   yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-3.jpg   yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-4.jpg  

Last edited by yottabyte; 12-16-12 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-16-12, 02:25 AM
yottabyte
Driver

Originally Posted by adamls2
AWESOME build man! Very tasteful mods. Can't wait to see more of an already sick ride!
Originally Posted by lei_z_ass
When i was on stock wheels i was able to lay frame with the Air runner OTG kit. But with my 21's on now im about 1/2" to 3/4" from the frame to the ground. The beauty of the OTG is you can lower the coils to ride low and smooth since you will be able to hit that sweet spot with out having to go into 4x4 status. Im anxious to see how airrex is going to be on our cars. OP i like the direction you are heading with this.
Originally Posted by Kira X
That's a clean car.

thanks for the kind words!
Old 12-16-12, 02:28 AM
yottabyte
Driver

Originally Posted by Hawaii5oh
seen a picture of your car after suspension install on instagram... what kit you planning on going with??

thanks...don't know yet, but I really like Aimgain.
Old 12-16-12, 02:34 AM
yottabyte
Driver

after market air suspension has been completed!
Attached Thumbnails yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-1.jpg   yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-2.jpg   yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-3.jpg   yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-4.jpg   yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-5.jpg  

Old 12-16-12, 02:37 AM
yottabyte
Driver

trunk setup
Attached Thumbnails yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-6.jpg   yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-7.jpg   yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-8.jpg   yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-9.jpg   yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-10.jpg  

Old 12-16-12, 06:30 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

WOW. Clean, tasteful and most importantly, SLAMMED. How does it ride? Any issues overriding the OEM air suspension?
Old 12-16-12, 06:40 AM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What a clean looking setup in the trunk! Is after market air any more reliable that factory?
Old 12-16-12, 07:51 AM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm really loving that there's more LWB with aftermarket air, it looks so good, great job.
Old 12-16-12, 09:38 AM
yottabyte
Driver

Originally Posted by 305Busa
WOW. Clean, tasteful and most importantly, SLAMMED. How does it ride? Any issues overriding the OEM air suspension?
Originally Posted by datplayaz
I'm really loving that there's more LWB with aftermarket air, it looks so good, great job.
Thanks for your kind words.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread