Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black

Old 03-19-13, 07:51 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

any recent pics of your car? did you put those oem lights and bumper on yet?
Old 03-20-13, 05:22 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
any recent pics of your car? did you put those oem lights and bumper on yet?
Not yet Lex,
Ive had to fight my urges and stay focused on mechanical for now. I decided I would have EVERYTHING mechanical nailed before I spend any more money on visuals (after both sets of wheels).
All i have left to do is timing belt/water pump/ major tune up then shocks/springs/bushings. I have most of the parts already as well as half of my new body parts collected.
Once I have it all (and labor money), It goes on the car. I also will have to roll my fenders for these 285's that I have and paint the new parts. I'm considering trying to put the headlights and HID's on myself this week.

Thanks For Asking!
They will be "cousins" when I'm done!

EZ~
Old 03-20-13, 09:55 AM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Good stuff. I did my timing belt, serpentine belt, and water pump on my sc400 about two years ago at 175k. It was all original.
What kind of suspension setup you going with? I put supra struts and supra tein springs on mine, and the ride is not that great. I'm going with stance coilovers for my 97, because all my friends with SC's that have them love 'em. You are definitely going to have to lower your car to make it look nice with those Works.
One more thing i would look out for after rolling the fenders is to touch up any paint that will chip in the process. You don't want rust.

looking forward to seeing another nice Platinum metallic SC!
Old 03-27-13, 09:13 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Good stuff. I did my timing belt, serpentine belt, and water pump on my sc400 about two years ago at 175k. It was all original.
What kind of suspension setup you going with? I put supra struts and supra tein springs on mine, and the ride is not that great. I'm going with stance coilovers for my 97, because all my friends with SC's that have them love 'em. You are definitely going to have to lower your car to make it look nice with those Works.
One more thing i would look out for after rolling the fenders is to touch up any paint that will chip in the process. You don't want rust.

looking forward to seeing another nice Platinum metallic SC!
Thanks Lex!
As of now, I am feeling good about the Tanabe NF210's springs and Tokico HP shock set. I will do more research but NYC is quite a beast for a suspension.
That is the first time i heard about paint chipping when rolling fenders. I thought the heat handled that
I will be "ON THAT".
Let me know how your suspension works out.
Thank you.
Old 03-27-13, 09:15 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Default Stock headlights and hid installed today!

HEY,
Small but SWEET Upgrade!
I got my stock headlights put in today with HIDs. It is so nice to be able to seeeeeeee!
Stock 95' Tails go on friday then ebay is off my car (and out of my sig;-) . Octane Motorsports Kit will be evicted next.

Slowly but SURELY!
Attached Thumbnails Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black-hid-night.jpg   Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black-dimbutup.jpg  

Last edited by Studiogeek; 04-06-13 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-27-13, 10:32 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

looks like your headlights came out great. And i hear the drop with NF210 springs is very minimal. Lately i've been looking into doing the Gixxer-Drew setup on the most comfortable setting. its cheaper, height adjustable, and some say it rides better then stock. the downside is that you have to put in work and diy
Old 03-28-13, 08:28 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

looks like your headlights came out great. And i hear the drop with NF210 springs is very minimal. Lately i've been looking into doing the Gixxer-Drew setup on the most comfortable setting. its cheaper, height adjustable, and some say it rides better then stock. the downside is that you have to put in work and diy
I am SERIOUSLY TEMPTED!
I would gladly hire a knowledgable guy to help me pull it off !

Drop is such a tough call in a rough, big city!

PLEASE keep me posted if you do this. My suspension comes after the Timing belt tuneup.

Thanks
Old 04-15-13, 04:15 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up First tuneup for Me and My Sc400. Spinning Tires Now! ;-)

(should have posted this here in the first place, oops)

WOW,
First of all, thank all you guys for the information and the inspiration. I would have been happily paying for all work on my car until i caught the bug, and got the confidence/knowledge for DIY here.

SERIOUSLY THANKS!

I have never done much of anything beyond changing my oil on a car in my life and I am not a young man.

I decided to make the move on this tuneup and It turned out wonderfully.

My car felt pretty fast but sluggish down low and I think the "sluggish" got really more pronounced after I put seafoam in the gas tank. Maybe that [further] fouled my plugs, you will see them below.

I decided to do plugs, wires, caps, rotors, coil packs, coolant temp sensor, fuel filter, thermostat, and a few other things today. It was a large undertaking for a man who has never had a garage, and just purchased his first socket set last month from sears..

WHAT? no Check Engine Light after installation? (i actually had one but it was just the cable going into my MAF being unplugged)
I expected to be posting with emergencies to such a degree I had my iPad ready.

Anyway, on the way home, I was treated to the biggest surprise in some time for me.
My car feels seriously FAST to me.
Many will brag about the spaceships they have driven for reference, and I defer if thats your history........... but I can't see how anyone can call a stock well tuned Sc400 SLOW.
There are WAY faster cars, but THIS is (now) one of the fastest cars I have owned now that I see what it is designed to do!
I don't think i really need 400/500 horses now, just a 5 speed on this motor and I am good.

Today, on the way home is the first time I have spun my tires easily with this car. I didn't try off the line, just while in motion.
I couldn't be happier about the improvement, and the DIY spirit I caught here that made me DO IT.

This is SO not something i would have wanted to do 20 years ago, and I had the time of my life today doing it today.
Thanks Again!
Attached Thumbnails Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black-ramoff.jpg   Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black-bustedpartscu.jpg   Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black-bustedrotor.jpg   Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black-crisplug.jpg   Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black-newcoilin.jpg  

Old 04-15-13, 04:23 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up Mounted the Work ZF-VX w' 285/35ZR18 Not Rubbing!

I finally mounted the Work VS-ZF wheels.
285/35/ZR18
255/35/ZR18

They don't rub at all and compared to the Run-Flat Blizzaks with 430 wheels it's like driving on pillows.

The GRIP IS SICK!

Tail Lights and stock body parts next!
Attached Thumbnails Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black-doubleside.jpg   Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black-workonlift1.jpg   Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black-dualside2.jpg   Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black-rear1.jpg  

Last edited by Studiogeek; 04-15-13 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-15-13, 09:29 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

wheels are looking great on this car. looking forward to seeing them on the stock body soon
Old 04-15-13, 09:34 PM
Maserati
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

You know, those wheels kind of fit the kit.
Old 04-20-13, 12:04 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Maserati
You know, those wheels kind of fit the kit.
Perhaps, but wait till you see it WITHOUT this kit, Works re-lipped and lowered a bit more.
I think just removing these side panels and temporarily going stock pre 97 will make a big difference.

Last edited by Studiogeek; 04-20-13 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-21-13, 09:11 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ughh I wanna kick ur side skirts!!!!

Pm aliga for some skirts and some tails.

How wide are you going to get the barrels for the works?
Old 04-21-13, 09:34 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Talking

Originally Posted by kez
Ughh I wanna kick ur side skirts!!!!

Pm aliga for some skirts and some tails.

How wide are you going to get the barrels for the works?
YESSSSS! I hate them with a passion. Kick them please. They kill the lines of the car and every day hate the fact that it looks like I DID THAT to my car.

I was almost there......

I had one off two weeks ago and realized I was missing the black trim that runs along the bottom of the door frame, and the 4 little trim panels ahead of and behind the doors. myLEXsc400 said he would sell me his (same color) but he may be out of town or something. I looks even stranger missing those panels.

I am also going to buy 97+ sides and a front lip for my stock bumper but I'll have to wait so I can paint them all at the same time. Finally picking up tails this week.

I have not figured out how the lip size/offset think adds up yet but first I am going to try the rear wheels on the front as is, then take the front wheels and get whatever the juiciest size is for them. I'll need to do some more research. That is further down the road tho.

Hard to do, but i put almost all mechanical repairs/upgrades first before addressing the looks.
Old 04-21-13, 05:40 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Best news ever!

I think i have everything i need to remove these sides tomorrow! (temporarily back to original 95 sides). There is something I love about the old school roundness of the 95 sides when the car is lowered with nice wheels.

Pics coming tomorrow if so !

Last edited by Studiogeek; 04-21-13 at 05:57 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black