Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Bahndrvr's Build Thread - 92 SC300 1JZ-GTE VVTI

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-12, 06:45 PM
Bahndrvr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bahndrvr's Build Thread - 92 SC300 1JZ-GTE VVTI

What's up guys - First post but sure I'll have thousands in the near future - kind of a post ***** on my other forums

Anyway -

I traded an old Foxbody Mustang with a Built 306 etc, etc, etc for this SC300 which GRIP tuning in the Central Florida area put in for Mike - Blacktransam that I traded to.

I've got a LONG way to go with this car but eager to get a 20g put in the extra stock 15 turbo I have an getting the boost up.

But first will be the body getting straightened out, I'm happy with the motor, trans right now, but eventually it will be a 5 or 6 speed swap - been looking at the 350z swap that a few have been doing, and then up the boost....

Anyway - It's an auto that GRIP got running Really good actually, car has two tunes on it with Water Meth hits about 368 RWHP on 16psi.

Has 3 inch downpipe to a single muffler, all 3 inch all the way back with one Resonator - sounds great

Megan coilover - about 1000 miles on them, have two sets of rims for it - Will daily on the 18's and throw some Slicks on the 17's rears for track time - I'm a 1/4 mile **** and love autocross, might try my hand at drifting now as well as that's what I grew up iwth, scene has just exploded since i was doing it in the mid 90's LOL.

Looking at bodykits as the stock body needs ALOT of work. Have a new passenger door in Gold, new passenger Fender in Gold, a new Hood in Blue, new headlights, and a ton of extra parts, will be throwing all of taht stuff on and driving it multi color till I pick out a bodykit as the front bumper is JACKED.

Now that's I've talked enough - here's pic's, expect alot of progress after new years, have a Suburban I need to sale and a 2002 Saleen Convertable that I have to sell, once they are gone, will be my Red truck which is pictued, and the SC so it will speed up. Going with a Dark Grey paint on it when i get it sprayed.

Lost my photobucket, so will get some older pic's in here - but this is about 1/2 way to where I'm at now/currently Mid July 2013 and then a current one or two from today.

As you can see, no order, just wanted some pic's, but as of yesterday she is tagged and on the road - the most current ar the Gas Station pic's, first fuel i have put in her Trying to hit track tonight for some 1/4 blast and see how she holds up.

Last edited by Bahndrvr; 07-19-13 at 10:55 AM. Reason: PHotos' got jacked up.
Old 12-08-12, 07:51 PM
Bahndrvr
Driver

Alright - no love I gather well I haven't tagged it yet and therefore I haven't started giving it love yet either so to be expected.

Tomorrow the Saleen comes out of the garage and I put the lexus in the garage, I will put the new hood, fender, and door on hopefully and then start the plasticoat on it as I'm going to do the whole car. It will be Gold, Black, and Purple if I don't plasticoat it so all black it is, will be that way for a While more than likely.

Got some "supra" seats from Japan when I got the car, I"m not convinced they are Supra seats but they are pretty dman nice, will be throwing them in the car tomorrow as well and then hopefully back it out of the garage and clean it up. Do i expect to finish all of this tomorrow no, but anywhere, here are some more pictures of what I'm working with. I have the Rear set of rims that I will be stretching tires and putting on teh car, I also have the front set of rims that I will put some MT Et Drags from one of my stangs on and they will be drag tires and rims...

Old 12-08-12, 08:21 PM
Bahndrvr
Driver

Little digging and found Mikes original build thread, pretty weak but gives you an idea

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...uto-sc300.html

Looking forward to going low and clean with this car, but will be dirty and fast in the meantime;-)

Overall goal currently is the 20g in the spare turbo I hace and I'm probably going to sell this Water Meth setup and do a sleeper shot of 75 Nitrous and hope for over 500 rwhp on the spray, 450 just in boost, no need for more than that in my world, had 600 hp car before and it wasn't fun beyond about 450 rwhp on the street you know.
Old 12-15-12, 05:09 PM
Bahndrvr
Driver

Default Progress

Saleen is out - almost ready for paint, then she'll be sold and mods will start heavily on the SC.

Got the front support stuff off that was bent, the front fender off as well, in the Stuffed garage you can See ALL of the SC parts I have...

Yes I have that many, full interior to paint, hood, door, fender etc...

I expect to have it in driving condition and tagged in the very near future, then I'll start tinkering and improving.

If you missed it - will be Plasticoat for a while - while I adjust height and camber to get it where I want it, then finish the interior and probably up the boost and nitrous shot to get the power and times where I want, THEN will come paint;-)
Old 12-15-12, 05:10 PM
Bahndrvr
Driver

Wow, those pics turned out like crap, and that's my son helping Finally.

I hate the rims on the Saleen but sold off all the others LOL, so it will be getting sold with 20's on it...
Old 12-15-12, 08:52 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice trade, keep us posted...seems like this is going to be a great build?

steve
Old 12-15-12, 09:15 PM
Bahndrvr
Driver

Thanks - couldn't stand it went back out and Now ALL damaged parts are off the car, Found a 98 Front Bumper cover New Shipped for 405 so will be going that route soon as well I'll worry about side skirts in the near future and rear bumper I may just fill, but front bumper cover was killing me - I think it will look good plasticoated and should have it tagged and on the road around new years, going to try to work a trade out for some tires and looking for a mild stretch on the rears - I plan on burning them up so not lookign for the best tires but we will see

Anyway - here's how she sits right now:

Took this out of the doors as the donor door the guy before cut ALL of the wires to remove the door

Sorry for ****ty pic's, can't find my good camera and the phone was dieing so it takes crappier pics when low.
Old 12-16-12, 10:20 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Work in progress I see. I like to see projects when a father and son can enjoy spending time together.
Old 12-17-12, 10:40 AM
suprahero
Driver

Finally, someone with the same organizing skillz as me..............lol

Good luck with the build.
Old 12-17-12, 04:14 PM
Bahndrvr
Driver

Originally Posted by suprahero
Finally, someone with the same organizing skillz as me..............lol

Good luck with the build.
Haha can't wait to get my shelves in the garage and then organize actually drives me insane! But I know where every flicking thing is in there

Sons only request so far is BOV as I had one on my 2012 GTI I just got rid of and had one on my saleen so started shopping for one last night!
Old 12-19-12, 02:27 PM
suprahero
Driver

I've had good luck with my Tial BOV.
Old 01-15-13, 08:28 PM
Bahndrvr
Driver

Been slow, had a ton going on, but got tires for the front and rear now - so put her up on jack stands and rolled/beat the rear fenders. Will tear the stock seats out and finish up the passenger side door then start the process of cleaning the hell out of it this weekend and pull it back in the garage for the beginning of hte paint aka Plasticoat process

Old 01-16-13, 08:20 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

nice im gonna subscribe to this thread. i LOVE 1j vvti. i would trade my 1j straight up for a vvti anyday. great starting point!
Old 01-25-13, 08:38 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

I'm very interested in your build. I am relocating and I plan to have the Grip guys perform a 1JZ VVT-i swap on my car as well. I've talked with Bob and Pete there quite a few times now. Eager to see your progress as it comes!

Curious... do you have any interest in getting the Tomei ARMS turbo kit for your car?
Old 01-28-13, 05:19 AM
Bahndrvr
Driver

I do have interste in the Tomei kit and have been doing research on it trying to decide it if it going to be enough for me as I'm going to try to get this car fast and fun overall - so more boost and nitrous thrown in will get me where I want to be. GRIP did the swap and I can tell you that they did a great job because I got it 2 years after the swap and it's still in great condition. I am going slow right now on the build due to circumstances, however I will be gone for 2 1/2 weeks first of Feb to almost the end of the Feb but once i get back I should have more time. Pretty pissed as I wanted to be driving by now but like I said, circumstances....

As for the Tomei ARMS kit, I'm finding decent reviews on Australian sites about it and it shouldnt be too hard, most of my time howver has been looking up MegaSquirt information on this setup so if I get it I can self tune and get more out of it since they now have the means for VVTI support...

Quick Reply: Bahndrvr's Build Thread - 92 SC300 1JZ-GTE VVTI