Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Maynanator's 1uz supercharged Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-13, 12:59 PM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

that92sc, stock internals wise, you can make a plenty of horsepower. Your main issues will be fuel->ecu->transmission->compression.
with that established, you can make approximately 6-8 pounds of boost on with a new fuel pump. After that you'll need to invest in supporting mods.
Supercharger wise there is a lot you can do, just depends on your budget, preferences, and how o.c.d. you are.

cheapest would be a self sourced vortech supercharger kit using a fish bracket. the "best" one I can think of is the bulletcars harrop hvt1900. The latter is a kit that uses a supercharger very closely related to those found in the camaro zl1 and 2011-2012 gt500's. there is, however, a price premium for this kit. so it depends on what your budget is.
Old 03-25-13, 04:47 AM
that92sc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank u very much, I don't have alot money, I mean about how much would a m90 set up be, I'd only run about 6psi, I just love the whine, it wouldn't add too much hp would it?
Old 03-25-13, 06:16 AM
maynanator
Lead Lap

for an m90 setup you could easily go from 2k to a couple grand. In reality an m90 will get pretty loud at around the max power the factory injectors/transmission can handle. so you could have a loud supercharger and plenty of power with minimal modifications.
Old 04-02-13, 08:51 PM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Default A little update with some bad/good news

Today I decided to drive the sc400. Well, since I was in my Lexus I decided I'd take a favorite backroad home rather than the interstate. I was driving along said road (probably a bit faster than I should've, considering the weather conditions) and was taking a long fast left turn when the tail decided it wanted to be in front. Normally, I can tell when the back end is getting loose, but this time it just went (I guess I hit a slick spot on the road) and before I could correct it, I was going backwards. Luckily though I didn't hit any trees or fences. But as would be expected from a spin on a two lane road at that speed... I did mess up some stuff: while going backwards I went into the water soaked grass on the side of the road which acted like a sand pit on a race track. As far as I know right now, the damage is as follows: rear bumper dented and bent (luckily no tears and paint didn't sustain much damage), rear mufflers/ tips are shot (pushed over and dented in all sorts of weird ways), and my pride was cut down a bit .

Where do I go from here? Honestly I had been wanting to go with a different setup for the exhaust for a while now (I thought the mufflers looked a wee bit to rice for what I'm going for). I'll be replacing them with straight pipes to Ferrari style quad tips with a classic chambered muffler where the center resonator used to be. Then I'm going to see what I can do to repair the bumper to near perfect.

Other news: I'm going to wait till summer to put the car under the knife, because I don't want it sitting in pieces for months. Also, for those of you that like muscle cars, my dad just bought a 1981 Corvette.

Pic of the Corvette:
Attached Thumbnails Maynanator's 1uz supercharged Build-pop-s-vette.jpg  
Old 04-05-13, 11:31 AM
maynanator
Lead Lap

So, I found out the damage to my exhaust was worse than what was shown on the surface. While I'm at it I'm going to replace everything. My plan is to build a 2.5" mandrel bent dual exhaust with an x-pipe and two straight through mufflers to quad ferrari daytona style exhaust tips. I figure this will be large enough to flow the power from the coming supercharger.
Old 08-29-14, 03:08 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Did anything ever come of this?
Old 02-09-15, 02:21 AM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Nothing yet, I got scared/distracted by other builds. After really thinking about it I've realised that I better get on to this. I plan on having it at a minimum bolted up and fully mocked up come june. But first I'm gonna take care of the one project that i've really wanted to do since day 1: my w58 swap.
Check back in a few weeks for some updates. This time I mean it.
Old 02-10-15, 06:40 AM
maynanator
Lead Lap

This isn't really the biggest update, but I picked up a set of Supra turbo rear calipers. They're so pretty painted in what I'd call grabber blue. Too bad the finish is worn out; I guess that leaves an opportunity to redo them and the front LS calipers at some point. I also have a few other small parts on order. Does anyone have a set of the dealer option wheels, the ones that look like bbs, who would like to sell one or all? One of mine has started leaking severely and the chrome is flaking heavily. Even though I could get new wheels I like these and have not found anything I like better that doesn't cost a fortune. Ok, I should have more updates coming here within the next week.
Attached Thumbnails Maynanator's 1uz supercharged Build-img_2506.jpg  
Old 09-24-17, 10:06 PM
maynanator
Lead Lap

BUMMMPPP... Hoping to resurrect this thread, things have changed a lot since i originally started this thread and I've learned a lot and my plans for the car have changed. First off: unless something changes, there will be no supercharger, it's much easier to fabricate a turbo kit and a lot more efficient so a single turbo will end up on the car at some point... when is a bit more of a mystery than if. Second: this is going to be a slow uphill battle and I can't promise a baller build happening overnight... what I can promise is that this car will eventually turn into something really special. Also, I picked up another sc and already started a build thread, so if you haven't yet you should check it out. Also (shameless plug lol) please follow my instagram (@because_ricecar), I'm a little better at posting there and while it won't be as detailed, it will be filled with plenty of content.

Last edited by maynanator; 09-26-17 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-19-17, 05:05 PM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Alright, not a huge update... but I started work on swapping in the black interior to replace the tan interior that had been destroyed by water damage. I definitely like how much fresher the interior looks (even before the water damage my original tan interior had seen some wear). I painted the dash and one or two parts from my original interior and some from the new interior that were faded. Ignore the overspray on the windshield the windshield's getting replaced anyways because a branch fell on it and shattered it a while back. Swapped in most of the dash and got a door panel back in. Going to wait till one of my friends can help me with the headliner so I don't damage it, then the rest of the interior should all go back together nicely.
Attached Thumbnails Maynanator's 1uz supercharged Build-img_0119.jpg   Maynanator's 1uz supercharged Build-img_0121.jpg  
Old 10-20-17, 02:39 AM
JoeBlob
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by maynanator
Alright, not a huge update... but I started work on swapping in the black interior to replace the tan interior that had been destroyed by water damage. I definitely like how much fresher the interior looks (even before the water damage my original tan interior had seen some wear). I painted the dash and one or two parts from my original interior and some from the new interior that were faded. Ignore the overspray on the windshield the windshield's getting replaced anyways because a branch fell on it and shattered it a while back. Swapped in most of the dash and got a door panel back in. Going to wait till one of my friends can help me with the headliner so I don't damage it, then the rest of the interior should all go back together nicely.
Looking real good man. My SC is the same, eventually something epic will become of it but for now it's a slow process of getting all the prerequisites met and dealing with maintenance and things that come up.
Are you still thinking turbo vs supercharged? The fish bracket with centrifugal s/c seems like an easier way to go by far and fairly cheap comparatively. Plus then it's an SC W/SC
Old 10-20-17, 07:35 PM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Hahaha that's a good one "sc400sc". If I go supercharged I already have a lower manifold and some brackets to move around the accessory drive; so all I'd have to do is make a mounting plate for the supercharger and an adapter to mount the factory throttle. The reason I want to go turbo is efficiency is way higher, and properly set up it will have just as good, if not better, of a power band. It's still up in the air... I'll cross that bridge when I get to it I guess.
Old 10-20-17, 10:14 PM
JoeBlob
Driver

Got ya. So how long have you had the car? This thread is a good few years old now
Old 10-21-17, 07:56 PM
maynanator
Lead Lap

It was actually an anniversary present from my dad to my mom. He kept it when my mom needed a bigger car to haul me around and it kinda became our car lol. I always told him he wasn't allowed to sell it to anyone but me . When I turned 15 I bought it from him and have had it since. I'll take this car with me to the grave
Old 10-21-17, 08:08 PM
JoeBlob
Driver

That's awesome hold on to it!

Quick Reply: Maynanator's 1uz supercharged Build