ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Build Threads (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads-266/)
-   -   JoshIS408's GS350 Build Thread (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads/651650-joshis408s-gs350-build-thread.html)

JoshIS408 08-22-12 09:32 AM

JoshIS408's GS350 Build Thread

18 Attachment(s)
Hello fellow CL members,

We recently picked up a Nebula Gray 4GS with black interior and Mark Levinson a few days ago :woot:

LOVE the car so far :thumbup:

So I thought i would create a mini build thread since I did back in the 2IS section with the IS350 :)

Current Mods:

* F-Sport Engine Cover
* LED Mirror Lights
* Tint windows 35% / 30%
* 6000K Reverse Leds
* 6000k D4s Low Beams
* RSR* Super Down Springs ----> No More Switched to BC
* M324 20x9 20x10.5 DDT w/ Gloss Lip
* Hankook V12 Tires 245/35/20 275/30/20
* Red Outs
* JDM Visors
* Gloss Black Bumper Insert
* Gloss Black Grille Inserts
* Gloss Black Foglight Inserts
* Gloss Black Side Emblems
* Gloss Black Window Trim
* Gloss Black Visor Trim
* Gloss Black Trunk Trim
* Gloss Black Rear Diffuser
* Gloss Black Exhaust Trim
* Gloss Black Roof
* SKP Style Front Lip
* JDM Foglights
* Invidia Midpipe
* Invidia Axel Back
* 6000k Fog Lights
* BC Racing Coilovers W/ Swift Springs
* Roof Spoiler
* DCTMS Carbon Steering Wheel

Soon to come / future mods:

O.o...to be continued...

Special Thanks to SonicMS, Speed Element Performance, KC Trading Co.

Attachment 462359

Attachment 462360

Attachment 462361

Attachment 462362

08.28.12 TINTED WINDOWS 35% FRONT + SHADE DARKER IN REAR

Attachment 462363

Attachment 462364

Attachment 462365

Attachment 462366

05.10.13 RSR Super Down Springs Installed See Page #4

Attachment 462367

New Shoes !#4

Attachment 462368

Attachment 462369

Attachment 462370

Attachment 462371

Attachment 462372

Red Outs!

Attachment 462373

0JDM Visors installed, more pics on page #5

Attachment 462374

Attachment 462375

Attachment 462376

Black Out more pics on page 6

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...d8b54722f1.jpg

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...9a02be6f08.jpg

Thank you for looking and stay "tuned" !!!

- Josh

MKIV98TT 08-22-12 10:07 AM

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the progress of your build. Question...with coilovers are you aware you lose the electronic dampening control? Do you know if it triggers a warning light on the dash?

JoshIS408 08-22-12 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by MKIV98TT (Post 7438796)
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the progress of your build. Question...with coilovers are you aware you lose the electronic dampening control? Do you know if it triggers a warning light on the dash?

Thank You :)

Yes, to my knowledge the electronic dampening control will be lost however I have heard that installing aftermarket suspension does not throw or show error lights / codes. In essence you will have to manually adjust the dampening by going outside of the car, instead of adjusting it from the comfort of inside you vehicle.

MKIV98TT 08-22-12 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by JoshIS408 (Post 7438803)
Thank You :)

Yes, to my knowledge the electronic dampening control will be lost however I have heard that installing aftermarket suspension does not throw or show error lights / codes. In essence you will have to manually adjust the dampening by going outside of the car, instead of adjusting it from the comfort of inside you vehicle.

I keep going back and forth on coilovers. At first I thought, how stupid would it be to disable that electronic adjustment feature. Now that I have had the car for over 4 months, I remember that I haven't touched the dampening control since the first couple weeks I owned the car. I am thinking KW's now too. I ran them on my IS-F, best coilovers on the market IMO.

DoriSaru15 08-22-12 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by MKIV98TT (Post 7438819)
I keep going back and forth on coilovers. At first I thought, how stupid would it be to disable that electronic adjustment feature. Now that I have had the car for over 4 months, I remember that I haven't touched the dampening control since the first couple weeks I owned the car. I am thinking KW's now too. I ran them on my IS-F, best coilovers on the market IMO.

KW are awesome suspension, but don't you think V3 would be to aggressive. Aren't the V3 made for track? Anyway, I actually been talking to them and they have no future plans yet to develop any coilovers:cry: They said if there is a demand then they will think about it. I'm also been talking to Jon from JIC Magic. He will be making a 2 way damping system. I will be making a thread soon regarding the spec but it really looks promising and it will be made in the USA not in China or Taiwan.

Oh yeah car look awesome cant wait to see how it will look in the future:thumbup:

maxwebr 08-22-12 11:21 AM

Looks great! How much did you pay for the carbon-fiber F sport cover? Would be interested how your other mods go. I am looking at simular.
I am also in the bay area too. You planning on doing the mods yourself (especially the fogs and HID?)

JoshIS408 08-22-12 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by MKIV98TT (Post 7438819)

Haha, i havnt even played with the adjustments yet. I jut got an email saying KW currently doesnt offer a coilover for the 2013 GS350 but they may consider it for the future :cry:

Originally Posted by DoriSaru15 (Post 7438898)
KW are awesome suspension, but don't you think V3 would be to aggressive. Aren't the V3 made for track? Anyway, I actually been talking to them and they have no future plans yet to develop any coilovers:cry: They said if there is a demand then they will think about it. I'm also been talking to Jon from JIC Magic. He will be making a 2 way damping system. I will be making a thread soon regarding the spec but it really looks promising and it will be made in the USA not in China or Taiwan.

Oh yeah car look awesome cant wait to see how it will look in the future:thumbup:

JIC? I thought they went out of business or something, I remember reading on the net awhile back. Would be interesting too see their product please keep me posted :thumbup:

Originally Posted by maxwebr (Post 7438947)
Looks great! How much did you pay for the carbon-fiber F sport cover? Would be interested how your other mods go. I am looking at simular.
I am also in the bay area too. You planning on doing the mods yourself (especially the fogs and HID?)

The F-sport carbon fiber engine cover was from my IS350. I plan on doing smaller mods such as HIDs etc my self. For the more time consuming installs such as Coilovers or exhaust I will be going to Speed Element Performance or Sonic Motorsport. :thumbup:

Hoovey689 08-22-12 01:47 PM

Nice Josh :thumbup:

Drew@SonicMS 08-22-12 05:26 PM

This build is going to be epic, Josh has some nutty **** planned!

Winson6628 08-22-12 09:42 PM

Nice man, I might get me one of those F Sport engine covers too. Looks great. I just got my fog lights with 8000k HID kit on them, im going to get 6000K bulbs ordered tmw since their kits in stock were 8000K only. But I wanted 6000K on my fogs. Ill post pictures tmw once i take them tmw. When I got back from the shop that installed them for me, it was late, plus I had work too. But yea, goodluck and welcome to the 4GS threads.

DoriSaru15 08-22-12 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by JoshIS408 (Post 7439215)
JIC? I thought they went out of business or something, I remember reading on the net awhile back. Would be interesting too see their product please keep me posted :thumbup:

I think your thinking of apex. Apex japan filed for bankruptcy But Apex USA is still alive. JIC USA and JIC Japan went their separate ways. So basically they both will have different suspension. Japan will still have the FLT line while the USA will have the ZMS line. Anyway, I'm just waiting for Jon to send me the specs so I can start a thread.

J250 08-23-12 01:57 AM

Damn josh, you bought a GS350 as well? Definitely looking forward to this build thread. Glad you didn't part out your IS350 YET.. :p

Ay-nako 08-24-12 08:36 AM

congrats with the car!

sydtoosic 08-24-12 10:09 AM

sounds like the mod-bug has got under your skin. make it do what it do josh...

JoshIS408 08-28-12 11:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411 (Post 7439243)
Nice Josh :thumbup:

Thank you :) :D

Originally Posted by Drew@SonicMS (Post 7439732)
This build is going to be epic, Josh has some nutty **** planned!

You already know buddy ;) :thumbup:

Originally Posted by Winson6628 (Post 7440282)
Nice man, I might get me one of those F Sport engine covers too. Looks great. I just got my fog lights with 8000k HID kit on them, im going to get 6000K bulbs ordered tmw since their kits in stock were 8000K only. But I wanted 6000K on my fogs. Ill post pictures tmw once i take them tmw. When I got back from the shop that installed them for me, it was late, plus I had work too. But yea, goodluck and welcome to the 4GS threads.

Nice man! I saw some of your pictures :thumbup: Job well done. I need to get the fogs done asap haha

Originally Posted by DoriSaru15 (Post 7440370)
I think your thinking of apex. Apex japan filed for bankruptcy But Apex USA is still alive. JIC USA and JIC Japan went their separate ways. So basically they both will have different suspension. Japan will still have the FLT line while the USA will have the ZMS line. Anyway, I'm just waiting for Jon to send me the specs so I can start a thread.

I did a quick search and found some old topics on google. Seems that JIC in japan filled for bankruptcy back in 2010, but the USA company was not affected. http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/3...-gone-fyi.html

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Cant wait to see the coils you get :thumbup:

Originally Posted by J250 (Post 7440547)
Damn josh, you bought a GS350 as well? Definitely looking forward to this build thread. Glad you didn't part out your IS350 YET.. :p

Thank you sir :thumbup: . The IS wont be parted out....yet. haha

Originally Posted by Ay-nako (Post 7443331)
congrats with the car!

Thank you:):)

Originally Posted by sydtoosic (Post 7443525)
sounds like the mod-bug has got under your skin. make it do what it do josh...

The mod bug never goes away. :cry:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Car Windows got tinted today :woot: ( tinted + bake so that windows dont bubble + can roll down windows after bake process :D )

Went with 35% front and a shade darker, between 35%-25%, for the rear. Love how it came out. Will post pictures during the day time tomorrow

Attachment 462377