Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 4GS owner vehicles

Winson's GS350 F-sport project

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-12, 06:16 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweeeet! Looks great.

I'm jealous cause I was only able to legally tint 35% in this state.
Old 08-13-12, 10:58 PM
Winson6628
Driver

Originally Posted by Vasili
Sweeeet! Looks great.

I'm jealous cause I was only able to legally tint 35% in this state.
Thanks Vasili, thats the legal limit here too lol. But I have connections for inspection, cops rnt too strict here about tint unless its 5%, so yea. I cant stand 35%, too light, I actually wanted to go darker then 15% lol, but decided 15% is good enough.
Old 08-14-12, 04:10 AM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Winson6628
Thanks Vasili, thats the legal limit here too lol. But I have connections for inspection, cops rnt too strict here about tint unless its 5%, so yea. I cant stand 35%, too light, I actually wanted to go darker then 15% lol, but decided 15% is good enough.
Sounds good. Wish they weren't as strict here.

A guy that works at a local O'Reilly's autoparts store told me he was ticketed twice for the violation and the third time, the cop forced him to peel off the tints right in the street. A little extreme, but I understand why they want to see who they are pulling over for safty reasons.

A few bad criminals ruin all the fun.
Old 08-14-12, 08:34 AM
Winson6628
Driver

Originally Posted by Vasili
Sounds good. Wish they weren't as strict here.

A guy that works at a local O'Reilly's autoparts store told me he was ticketed twice for the violation and the third time, the cop forced him to peel off the tints right in the street. A little extreme, but I understand why they want to see who they are pulling over for safty reasons.

A few bad criminals ruin all the fun.
Yea I'm lucky they rnt as strict here. Yea dumb ppl, screwing up everything for everyone. Wow that is crazy, can't believe the cop did that to him. Stupid and embarrassing lol.
Old 08-14-12, 07:29 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

[QUOTE=Winson6628;7418220]Hello everyone, Im new to this thread, got my 2013 GS350 F-sport in mid April. Very happy with it, so far Ive tinted the windows 15% all around. Got Vossens CV3's 20x9.5 front with 245/35/20 tires and 20x10.5 rear with 285/30/20 tires. No issue with rubbing at all, so hoping it wont rub when the fsport springs from Lexus comes out. Changed the stock HID bulbs to 6000k Phillips HID bulbs, love the cutoff color they project.

Future mods: Nigels JDM foglights with the stalk. (coming soon), Lowering springs (when they come out, waiting for fsport springs from Lexus), Joe Z exhaust ( when it comes out), Painting front bumper/grill (deciding on when and how to do it), thats about it for now. Will try to update this thread when an new mod is added.

question for u , changing the bulbs was it hard or no,I am getting the same lights too, I just want to know what do I have to take off to change it.thanks.
Old 08-15-12, 07:33 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

fantastic! car looks great, cant wait to see it when lowered!
Old 08-15-12, 08:38 AM
Winson6628
Driver

Originally Posted by mrpartsman

question for u , changing the bulbs was it hard or no,I am getting the same lights too, I just want to know what do I have to take off to change it.thanks.
well I didn't really do it myself, I just spend 60 bucks and got the dealer to switch them out for me. Normally I would DIY but I'd prefer not to mess anything up so just took it to the dealer. But I think it shouldn't b hard, just look in the manuel for the car and it should give u an idea on where exactly u gotta get to and depending, shouldn't b difficult to just unplug and take bulb out and switch it. Sorry if I can't really help lol. But hopefully ull figure it out.
Old 08-15-12, 08:39 AM
Winson6628
Driver

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
fantastic! car looks great, cant wait to see it when lowered!
Thanks ay nako, me too. Lol.
Old 08-15-12, 09:07 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

It's a PITA. I changed my OEM bulbs to the Philips Ultinon 6000K right after I drove it home from the dealer. I about ***** my pants when I dropped the bulb inside the driver side lens and had to figure out how to grab it. The driver side is almost impossible to do without removing the washer fluid hose and the fuse box. Luckily after reading the manual, there is an access hole inside the wheel well. Just turn the tires all the way towards the passenger side. Again, I did NOT remove the fuse box, so it was extremely difficult to get my hand down in there to change it. YMMV. Passenger side was easy.
Old 08-15-12, 09:23 AM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jtrue28
It's a PITA. I changed my OEM bulbs to the Philips Ultinon 6000K right after I drove it home from the dealer. I about ***** my pants when I dropped the bulb inside the driver side lens and had to figure out how to grab it. The driver side is almost impossible to do without removing the washer fluid hose and the fuse box. Luckily after reading the manual, there is an access hole inside the wheel well. Just turn the tires all the way towards the passenger side. Again, I did NOT remove the fuse box, so it was extremely difficult to get my hand down in there to change it. YMMV. Passenger side was easy.
I took the covers off from the top and I saw the ballast ,is it behind the ballast or next to it.thanks.
Old 08-15-12, 09:36 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

how are those bulbs treating you??? no issues,,, i.e. burning the lens etc.
Old 08-15-12, 10:59 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

I took the covers off from the top and I saw the ballast ,is it behind the ballast or next to it.thanks.
You have to take that cover off that the ballast is attached to. Took me a while to figure out how to do that. There is a cable from the ballast connected to the bulb, take that off, then unclip the bulb. So essentially the bulb is hiding behind the ballast.

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
how are those bulbs treating you??? no issues,,, i.e. burning the lens etc.
Not that I'm aware of. I had them in my '11 3GS and pullend them out before trading that one in. I got my 4GS in February and I don't drive at night, so the bulbs have gotten less than 10 minutes of use since February. True story. Once the sun starts setting at 3pm, then I'll get to use them more. They look great though. Ordered them through Nigel when he was doing the group buy last year.

Why would they burn the lens? Color temperature is not the same as thermal temperature.
Old 08-15-12, 11:03 AM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

thanks man, i will try it tonight.
Old 08-15-12, 11:09 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

I want to say (from memory) that the ballast just twists off...can't remember which direction to turn it, but I'm pretty sure you twist it off. The other problem you will have is trying to line the bulbs up in the headlight housing so that you can clamp them down correctly. That is how I "dropped" the bulb into the headlight...thought it was attached and it fell down. Be careful not to touch the bulbs either.
Old 08-15-12, 11:38 AM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

I want to say (from memory) that the ballast just twists off...can't remember which direction to turn it, but I'm pretty sure you twist it off. The other problem you will have is trying to line the bulbs up in the headlight housing so that you can clamp them down correctly. That is how I "dropped" the bulb into the headlight...thought it was attached and it fell down. Be careful not to touch the bulbs either.
cool I will figure that part out, I know u should never touch any HID bulbs, the oil of the hands will burn it.thanks again.

Quick Reply: Winson's GS350 F-sport project